Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011 CONCACAF Gold Cup Thread

renaissance

We had a 1 goal lead when Bob chose to bring in Bornstein instead of Spector to play RB. Which could have left Lichaj at LB. OR OR OR, he could have3 brought in Gooch or Ream into the middle and moved Boca out to the LB and pushed Lichaj out RB. In EITHER case, or even if Bornstein was there, the very SECOND Donovan scored to make it 2-0, Jones and Bedoya should have started playing way way withdrawn to help the wings.

But of course, our coach is too ****ing stupid to understand something like that. Instead we're left to watch Bornstein get outrun for 60 minutes.

You don't move an inexperienced LB to RB in the Gold Cup Final. You leave Lichaj at LB, as he has been golden the last couple games. You bring in Spector and put him at RB. After the second goal, we should have been playing 5 across the back with Jones joining the back 4. You make Mexico be perfect to score. They did not play perfect, and only scored on US mistakes. Add to that Howard having an off night, and we were doomed.

Watch #13 run right past the ball handler
Man, I was screaming at the TV. I was like "watch that guy run right AROUND the play!!!!". He even runs to OUTSIDE, away from the goal instead trying to get in the way. He is 3 feet from the freaking ball and does nothing. Then I think he realizes, "WTF am I doing", and sticks his foot in, but it's too late.

Sweet vengeance! (for us Chilean transplants)

Chile rallies past Mexico 2-1 in Copa America

SAN JUAN, Argentina (AP) -- Esteban Paredes and Arturo Vidal scored second-half goals as Chile rallied to beat Mexico 2-1 on Monday in a Group C match in the Copa America.

Paredes, who went on as a second-half substitute, chipped in after a corner in the 67th, and Vidal soared high and angled in a header in the 73rd - again from a corner.

Fielding a youth team, Mexico took an unlikely lead in the 41st via Nestor Araujo's header after Chile had dominated possession.

Chile was just as dominant in the second half - probably the best team so far in the tournament - but this time converted after key forwards Humbeto Suazo and Alexis Sanchez were thwarted in the first half.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/soccer/07/04/copa.chile.mexico.ap/index.html#ixzz1RCVW2dQi

Congrats on the win. Were you guys playing your A team? As a Mexican, I can say I didn't recognize a single player out there for us tonight besides Dos Santos and Aguillar. It was depressing to watch you guys dominate possession and control the midfield.

Archived