Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DDP: Approx 8 sections of seating removed in upper deck endzone - more removed as of 2012 DDP, LL Endzone in 2013

MarkB452

Which group got the biggest upgrade?  

301 members have voted

1. 1. Which group got the biggest upgrade?

This poll is closed to new votes

The steady market deflation rate has to be alarming to the league. I'd say the average Redskins ticket today (regular season) is about 40% lower in market value than when I started paying attention in 2004.

I take comfort knowing the same thing is happening in NY and Dallas, The stakes are much higher for those folks who have paid for PSLs while supply remains plentiful and market prices continue to sink.

I am really shocked at how low the prices are for this game. I mean, they took out 10,000 seats! And still you can get a pair in the lower level for half price. It's just crazy.

Yup. I just got a pair of loge for $200. You can get DREAM SEATS for $100.

Have you ever seen a market this soft for the skins?

definitely the worst market ever. but this market is not a result of the team sucking like it did during zorn year 2 which was because the team was so bad and the team quit on him after the lions game. that year i got into every game for a total of $95 for the entire season from scaling

I am really shocked at how low the prices are for this game. I mean, they took out 10,000 seats! And still you can get a pair in the lower level for half price. It's just crazy.

In all fairness, Wikipedia's sources say they only removed 9704. ;)

The capacity of FedEx Field will be reduced from 91,704 – the largest in the NFL – to 82,000, which will make it No. 2 in the league.

Got a buddy who bit on season tickets this year after a call from the TO, and I think he was banking on me picking them up for a game or two. That's going to be a difficult negotiation.

The whole thing really is pretty bizarre. Tickets were twice as high for the Bucs and GIants games last year...and the Skins were wrapping up another terrible season. And here we are second game of the year coming off a huge win - and the weather says 0% chance of rain - and still nobody wants to go.

The Cardinals are not a team that attracts crowds but I'm still really surprised. The Bucs?! I paid $400 for a pair of Loge seats for that game last year.

Earlier today I snagged a pair for $200...and 6 hours later I feel ripped off LOL. You can now get a pair for $150. Tomorrow it'll probably be $100.

I'd really encourage people to take advantage of this opportunity...you can literally sit wherever you want for this game for $90, you should do it. It could be a really fun game.

You can complain by email at washingtonredskinsfans@redskins.com.

Can I send them an e-mail about the band not playing HTTR after the PAT's? We have a Hall of Fame marching band that lives to play the oldest and most well known NFL fight song and instead they sit idol while someone plays a recording. You know who else plays a recording of their fight song. The freakin' Eagles! (Plus a number of other teams, like Chicago, Green Bay, Minnesota; but I figured the Eagles reference would hit harder).

Back to the topic at hand, with this recent renovation my row is now the last row in my section, but I won't complain about that. I can stand all game without worrying about blocking someones view. And the FedEx Field sign on the fence has become my personal noisemaker.

Can I send them an e-mail about the band not playing HTTR after the PAT's? We have a Hall of Fame marching band that lives to play the oldest and most well known NFL fight song and instead they sit idol while someone plays a recording. You know who else plays a recording of their fight song. The freakin' Eagles! (Plus a number of other teams, like Chicago, Green Bay, Minnesota; but I figured the Eagles reference would hit harder).

I do wish the band would play the intro bit. I'm often off-time with the song when the band plays after a score because I miss when they strike up the song.

I would have to say no. What do you think, RFKFedEx?

I think this game now officially takes the cake for cheapest regular season game ever.

IMO, the low ticket demand has nothing to do with the quality of the play on the field; and everything to do with the changing times of technology. Hell, we're in contention:point2sky

This of course ties into my theory on why ticket demand will never rebound to RFK levels no matter how many seats they remove or how many Superbowls we win. Sorry S&S, I know you disagree.;)

Look on Stubhub for the prices of the Dallas and NYG home openers and compare to what those STHs are paying per game with PSL fees. Its already significantly less $ to purchase on a single game basis. This is why I'm also opposed to the further expansion of Lambeau in GB. If aint broke, don't fix it.

Can I send them an e-mail about the band not playing HTTR after the PAT's? ....
You could, but you could also reach them on facebook. That might be better.
I think this game now officially takes the cake for cheapest regular season game ever.

IMO, the low ticket demand has nothing to do with the quality of the play on the field; and everything to do with the changing times of technology. Hell, we're in contention:point2sky

This of course ties into my theory on why ticket demand will never rebound to RFK levels no matter how many seats they remove or how many Superbowls we win. Sorry S&S, I know you disagree.;)

Look on Stubhub for the prices of the Dallas and NYG home openers and compare to what those STHs are paying per game with PSL fees. Its already significantly less $ to purchase on a single game basis. This is why I'm also opposed to the further expansion of Lambeau in GB. If aint broke, don't fix it.

And this is why I seriously doubt the people that keep saying "when we get good, ticket prices will skyrocket" and all that stuff. I think that is nonsense, based on what we've seen in 2005, 2007, and even in 1999. What people don't seem to understand is the marked increase in prices that the team has already invoked into the tickets - and each time was after a playoff season. We are already paying championship level prices. The tickets cannot go any higher. They can stay steady at best. Add a bad economy and this is what we get.

I'm thinking that a team has to do whatever it can to avoid the dreaded blackout rule.

Not that it would happen in DC, but it is a league wide problem tied into lucrative TV contracts.

In a weak economy, many pro sports teams are re visiting their capacity to maximize attendance.

Holy crap I may actually be able to afford a skins game :) I just have to work out math for gas from Richmond,etc
I took 301 last week, to and from the game, left at 9:30AM was in line at 11:45AM. I drive a Honda Pilot, about 20 miles to the gallon, just over 3/4 of a tank used, so 15 gallons of gas but round up to the full tank so about $60-$65 in gas for me last week.

I took 301 last week, to and from the game, left at 9:30AM was in line at 11:45AM. I drive a Honda Pilot, about 20 miles to the gallon, just over 3/4 of a tank used, so 15 gallons of gas but round up to the full tank so about $60-$65 in gas for me last week.

If you went back 301, you forgot to add $3 for the toll at the Harry Nice Bridge ;)

Whenever I have to go to Richmond...I always do 301, its such a nice relaxing and scenic drive compared to 95!

You can complain by email at washingtonredskinsfans@redskins.com.

I did and this is their response.

Mr. xxxxxxx,

I forwarded your message to our Operations department. This is not the first complaint they've received about the sound system and are taking note of which sections were affected. I don't know 100% that it will be fixed by this coming Sunday's game-- but I know they are looking into it and are working on it.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let me know.

Thank you,

Rachel Engleson

Customer Service Representative

Washington Redskins Ticket Office

FedExField

1600 FedEx Way

Landover, MD 20785

(phone) 301-276-6050

(fax) 301-276-6001

www.redskins.com

If you went back 301, you forgot to add $3 for the toll at the Harry Nice Bridge ;)

Whenever I have to go to Richmond...I always do 301, its such a nice relaxing and scenic drive compared to 95!

Speaking of that bridge when are you they finally gonna expand that thing? If there's a wreck you other die from head on collision or flying into the water below.

Speaking of that bridge when are you they finally gonna expand that thing? If there's a wreck you other die from head on collision or flying into the water below.

It's been a long running joke that when you are coming to King's Dominion from Maryland that the 301 bridge is the first ride.

No clue!

It's been a long running joke that when you are coming to King's Dominion from Maryland that the 301 bridge is the first ride.

LOL

Archived