Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mallett / Matthews / Asomugha / Bush

GeneralStonewallTaylor

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

This theoretical assumes that we are actually done with McNabb, which I wouldn't totally agree with.

Edit: If we could grab Ryan Mallett and Casey Matthews, then deal for Nnamdi Asomugha and Reggie Bush. That would leave us with DT OG C as pressing needs to try and fill out with some draft picks and WR CB LB as positions we could use help/depth at if we can get it but are OK for now, IMO.

Edit #2: If we were able to land Asomugha as a Redskin, our secondary would be ****ing dirty. Just throwing that out there.

Well... Bush would be far from a lock. First, NO would have to release him. Second, we'd have to win out on signing him.

He'd pair well with Torain... if they're both healthy.

I say no to Asomougha... Simply because we already have Atogwe and I don't want to have to pronounce both of their names :ols:

Not a big Mallet fan in the least.

Ryan Williams is intriguing if there. Hopefully he'll be a healthier version of Reggie Bush. He'd compliment Torain quite well.

Why would we need Casy Matthews when we just drafted Kerrigan?

Plus we still don't know what will happen with FA, so we don't know if Asamougha will even be available. And we don't know what the Saints will do with Bush.

IIRC, Mattews is an ILB, which we do need with the departure of Rocky (not that he'd start right away).

Why would we need Casy Matthews when we just drafted Kerrigan?

Plus we still don't know what will happen with FA, so we don't know if Asamougha will even be available. And we don't know what the Saints will do with Bush.

Why? B/c if we passed on him and he turned out to be anywhere close to as good a pro as his brother, we would have missed a chance to grab a piece on defense that could propel it to championship caliber. His skills/body type are fairly similar and has the same drive/motor. His potential is sky high. Or is that me?

Casey Matthews is projected to be an ILB rather then OLB like Clay. I think the pick makes sense, but I believe there is value with that position with Acho and Foster

My bad, didn't realize he was projected to be an ILB. If that's the case, then sure let's take a chance on him. But will he still be around later in the draft?

If we do draft a QB in the second (which I am against at this point), I would rather give them time to develop, and give the o-line time to improve. If we draft a QB and throw him into a situation with our crappy line while he is inexperienced, I think we get ourselves another Patrick Ramsey situation.

My bad, didn't realize he was projected to be an ILB. If that's the case, then sure let's take a chance on him. But will he still be around later in the draft?

According to Kiper I think he is ranked as the #5 ILB right now (or somewhere in the range). So if were to take him, we would have to either trade down or up to get him. Might be a reach with our two seconds.

Well... Bush would be far from a lock. First, NO would have to release him. Second, we'd have to win out on signing him.

He'd pair well with Torain... if they're both healthy.

I say no to Asomougha... Simply because we already have Atogwe and I don't want to have to pronounce both of their names :ols:

Not a big Mallet fan in the least.

Ryan Williams is intriguing if there. Hopefully he'll be a healthier version of Reggie Bush. He'd compliment Torain quite well.

Hahaha fair enough. Although Asomugha and Atogwe both are proven studs on defense, I want them both on our team NOW. Wow.

That reminds me...who remembers this?

With the Redskins in scoring position near the end of the first half, a pass tipped at the line of scrimmage ended up in the hands of offensive lineman Pete Kendall. Tinoisamoa knocked the ball away from Kendall, and Oshiomogho Atogwe picked it up and ran 75 yards for the touchdown that gave the Rams a 10-7 lead -- and momentum that carried into the second half. --10/12/08

I'm all about Ryan Mallet too. I think he will be a better pro QB than Cam Newton - who I called as heisman winner before the NCAA season - and all the other QBs from this draft. That's just me though.

I agree Williams could compliment Torain well also.

He's projected to be a late 2nd or 3rd round selection from everything I've read. Again, the bloodline is encouraging but I believe the ILB can he addressed by not reaching. If he's sitting there at 49 I believe he will be an option, but it wouldn't shock me to see them trade out of one of those selections in order to stockpile additional selections

---------- Post added April-29th-2011 at 02:14 PM ----------

Before the lock out, Asomugha was being wooed by his former teammate Charles Woodson to come to Greenbay where Woodson would voluntarily convert to safety.

I'm thinking Philly will aggressively pursue him.

I think you can add Dallas, Texans, and Baltimore to that list as well.

where is the option for "fantasy land move" ? while it sounds good, Bush is washed up and only good for 1/2 a season max, and Oakland will not trade Nnamdi, no matter what anyone may have heard. I just don't see any big trades happening this off season because no one knows what the new rules will be, or what the cap will be.

I love Casey in the second round and I'd be fine with Mallet in the 2nd as well, but if this team wanted a corner they blew it not picking Prince at 10 or 16 and if they wanted a RB the best option for them was Ingram.

I want Casey in the second (first pick-how good would the LB look then?) and then I do not want to see the skins draft anyone under 280lbs after that, I want linemen, either side, with a big NT and solid G at the top of my wish list.

I'm thinking Philly will aggressively pursue him.

Good point...I agree. I think they would have taken Jimmy Smith if they weren't planning on making a move for him to play alongside Asante. Hmm, it also could have been a factor in the Giants taking Prince Amukamara. Interesting...

---------- Post added April-29th-2011 at 10:20 AM ----------

where is the option for "fantasy land move" ? while it sounds good, Bush is washed up and only good for 1/2 a season max, and Oakland will not trade Nnamdi, no matter what anyone may have heard. I just don't see any big trades happening this off season because no one knows what the new rules will be, or what the cap will be.

Bush helped NO win a Super Bowl two years ago. I'd like one of those sometime soon.

And Asomugha is a FA, no longer with Oakland as soon as labor dispute "ends". FA's like money. We have lots of money to offer FA's. These are all facts.

:jerk:

I think you can add Dallas, Texans, and Baltimore to that list as well.

And hopefully Washington!

What we need Casey Matthews for??? We already have Perry freakin Riley. He is better than Mattews. We have Fletcher and when the time si right we will replace Fletcher, but we still have other needs to fill. Casey is not even a 2nd round prospect. Bush is a great move though and we need to get Paea with 41, because he will not be there at 49. Mallett will be there at 49 though...

This is horrible across the board.

Rodney Hudson is a must get for us in the 2nd round. After that it's best available.

Asmomugha is going to be expensive and want to go to a contender. We are better suited to try and re sign carlos.

Mallett is a horrible fit for our scheme, and Matthews is graded as like a 5th round prospect.

As for Reggie. An over hyped runningback that has a history of injury concerns? Not what we need

Archived