Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Battlefield 3. Looks amazing.

Destino

Played a lil while with bsf, still frustrated. I haven't ever experienced issues with BC2, and I don't know if it's my connection or what, but I'm unloading point blank into guys chest with the shotty and failing to hit them. The kills I do get show up about a second after I actually hit them. Still kept my 195 skill level (seriously, bsf, how the hell, man? lol) but that was mainly due to mine kills making up for me just sucking. I'll play with you guys later tonight if youre on...got a few things I gotta do.

Played a lil while with bsf, still frustrated. I haven't ever experienced issues with BC2, and I don't know if it's my connection or what, but I'm unloading point blank into guys chest with the shotty and failing to hit them. The kills I do get show up about a second after I actually hit them. Still kept my 195 skill level (seriously, bsf, how the hell, man? lol) but that was mainly due to mine kills making up for me just sucking. I'll play with you guys later tonight if youre on...got a few things I gotta do.

Same thing happened to me the other day man. I was unloading entire clips into dudes only to have them turn around and shoot me once or twice and I'm dead.

I'm not sure what kind of connection you have but try resetting your router. It seemed to make a difference for me.

I've been using the recon loadout lately with the VSS and I'm loving it. The rifle is mainly an assault rifle with better distance and stopping power. Nothing like picking campers off from across the map.

I suck. Its different. I just got kicked because I didn't have some new content I dunno wtf that was about.

I gotcha man. Yeah, learning curve was the biggest for me I've ever encountered. It's easily my fav fps ever now though, so I just wanna encourage you to stick it out. As for the content, there are maps not contained on the regular edition that can be purchased, and then there's the Ultimate Edition that most retailers are selling for ~ the same price. If you got the Ultimate Edition, you have to put in the code and you get all the maps automatically. It's my fault for not thinking of that sooner, man...I shoulda told you when you said you were gonna go out and pick it up.

Also, it's going to make a big difference if you are playing with experienced players if you join a game and then send them invites. If you join a game they're in, or if you join a squad they create and then enter a game, it's going to be against people of their skill level. If it happens to be bsf you're joining, that means you'll be playing against the best of the best without the significant advantage of the weapons you'll unlock pretty soon. The starter kits aren't terrible, but you really start getting into the flow of the game once you unlock the gadgets/perks. The unlocks happen pretty fast, relatively speaking, and they're gonna make a big difference for you.

Hope this helps =) Oh, also, spot enemies with select. That's something else that I didn't get into the flow of for a few weeks after starting, and it helps a lot. I think you can press select ~ 2 times every 5 seconds or so before it enters a 5 sec cooldown.

I got the ultimate condition and I downloaded all of the packs but I don't know why I got that error.

---------- Post added May-30th-2011 at 09:26 PM ----------

I was playing bsf for a little bit, add me Huey_PQ ill play tomorrow for a while

Yeah that's weird unless you tried to join someone in vietnam or something. I'll add you...tomorrow's actually looking light for me, which is very strange for a Tuesday. *knocks on wood* Glad to have someone else to play with =)

I gotcha man. Yeah, learning curve was the biggest for me I've ever encountered. It's easily my fav fps ever now though, so I just wanna encourage you to stick it out. As for the content, there are maps not contained on the regular edition that can be purchased, and then there's the Ultimate Edition that most retailers are selling for ~ the same price. If you got the Ultimate Edition, you have to put in the code and you get all the maps automatically. It's my fault for not thinking of that sooner, man...I shoulda told you when you said you were gonna go out and pick it up.

Also, it's going to make a big difference if you are playing with experienced players if you join a game and then send them invites. If you join a game they're in, or if you join a squad they create and then enter a game, it's going to be against people of their skill level. If it happens to be bsf you're joining, that means you'll be playing against the best of the best without the significant advantage of the weapons you'll unlock pretty soon. The starter kits aren't terrible, but you really start getting into the flow of the game once you unlock the gadgets/perks. The unlocks happen pretty fast, relatively speaking, and they're gonna make a big difference for you.

Hope this helps =) Oh, also, spot enemies with select. That's something else that I didn't get into the flow of for a few weeks after starting, and it helps a lot. I think you can press select ~ 2 times every 5 seconds or so before it enters a 5 sec cooldown.

Definitely a game that take some time to get the hang of, especially if you're used to the run and gun style of COD. But once you do get the hang of it, it just blows COD out of the water in my opinion. Since I started playing BC2 a few months ago I haven't played COD once.

Well compared to COD of course its gonna feel clunky.

..in a good way =) COD felt like Doom 2 last time I played it. It's a great game, but that style of game doesn't appeal to me anymore. Character models with somewhat more realistic physical limitations add to the appeal of BF. One man's "clunky" is another man's game balance and realism.

Also add that I can't play a game where you can't destroy a building anymore. I can't tell you how awesome it is to see someone run into a house and blow there hiding spot to pieces.

Amen.

Btw, are you having trouble getting on? My alt account can get on, but my main can't. Game join is broken.

Definitely a game that take some time to get the hang of, especially if you're used to the run and gun style of COD. But once you do get the hang of it, it just blows COD out of the water in my opinion. Since I started playing BC2 a few months ago I haven't played COD once.

Same thing with me man. I was really into Black Ops then I picked up BFBC2 and really haven't played COD since. I did however play it for a bit while the PSN was down as I have Black Ops on Xbox and BFBC2 on PS3. To me it's just much more enjoyable than Black Ops.

50-10 the old fashioned way. None of that killstreak bull****.

Wish I coulda seen that man. Grats! What map?

I managed a 24-3 tonight on my alt, but it was mainly due to morons on the other team. I kept the same tank for the whole map (on Arica).

I simply do not understand how anyone could believe that any CODMW or BO is superior in any fashion to BC2, at least multiplayer-wise. BC2 eats CoD's lunch in so many ways.

okay man ... i'm just about sold. BO has taken up so much of my time and I have truly enjoyed it, but I do long for more tactical/cerebral game play. Search can be fun, but you can run in gun in that dependign on the map. I hate the knifing, maybe cause I lose 9 of of 10 of them!

Anyone else want to chime in on BF vs. COD games?

---------- Post added June-3rd-2011 at 01:00 PM ----------

You know it was almost liberating to go from COD to BF and not worry about my k/d ratio anymore. Sure I like to put up a nice number, but if I stink in that area but still help the team win in other ways, that's all that matters.

that sounds great, my KD in BO is right a 1, so not that good, but over the last few hundred games it has been easily at 1.5/1.75;. I've gotten a lot better. but i'm sick of the spray pray and arcade style of play.

okay man ... i'm just about sold. BO has taken up so much of my time and I have truly enjoyed it, but I do long for more tactical/cerebral game play. Search can be fun, but you can run in gun in that dependign on the map. I hate the knifing, maybe cause I lose 9 of of 10 of them!

Just get it. I was a long time COD maniac who got tired of the run & gun same old from COD. Switched over to BC2 a few months ago and haven't looked back. BC2 is an adjustment at first, and you might not even like it right away, but stick with it and you will love it in no time and wonder why you wasted so much time with COD.

Vehicles, destructable environments, team work, big maps, no BS kill steaks, no overpowered weapons, etc. BF does it right.

---------- Post added June-3rd-2011 at 01:02 PM ----------

Another funny thing I notice is following both COD and BF on Facebook: whenever news about COD comes out you see a lot of people complaining about the game. When BF releases news, all you see is people praising the game. Pretty telling.

It's just better/funner. Every kill you get is a lot more satisfying than in Cod. And everytime you get killed its legit. No more putting 5 rounds in a guy and then him throwing his knife 5 ft to the right of you and him getting the kill.

Oh and for knifing in BF, I only do it when i'm sneaking up behind someone. I never try to do a hand-to-hand combat thing. I either spray with my weapon or switch to my pistol. Which is very effective.

Archived