Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pope served with court papers in molestation case.

Koolblue13

I'm sure that referred to an internal church investigation, not any State or local criminal investigations.

So these accusations never found their way to law enforcement? I've always wondered in these cases why the authorities never launched full investigation and brought charges.

the deaf molestation case in which 200 deaf children were alleged to have been molested by Reverend Lawrence C. Murphy between 1950 and 1974

the Pope and two other top Vatican officials knew about the accusations of sexual molestation and called off investigations.

If this is even partially true he joins the ranks of the worst Popes in history. If he doesn't step down and any of this is found true its even worse.

um ... god gave them the authority.

god and the church are bigger and more powerful than any of man's law.

honeslty ... how can you question the "word" of an omnipotent entity, and his/her's representatives.

not even a contest ...

(that is what the argument would be ... )

Ironically, the Bible says the complete opposite.

"Therefore submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake, whether to the king as supreme, or to governors sent by him for the punishment of evil doers and the praise of those who do right."

"Let every soul be subject to the government"

"Remind them to be subject to rulers and authorities."

Don't forget the millions of legitimate priests that will have the unfortunate assoication of those sick few.
I would think most priests knew what was going on. It was common knowledge to me and my classmates at Catholic elementary school back in the late 80's/early 90's. We used to mock the altar boys endlessly.

Archived