Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011 Masters Tournament Thread

Slacky McSlackAss

Again, Tiger didn't do anything illegal like Vick or Roethlisberger. Yes it was wrong, but not illegal.
Actually adultery is illegal in many states.

My favorite Tiger story involved the Perkins waitress and the church parking lot. Classy guy.

Actually adultery is illegal in many states.

My favorite Tiger story involved the Perkins waitress and the church parking lot. Classy guy.

That's mine, too. He even took this trailer-trash to his home to do the business when his wife wasn't at home. And the funny part is, she wasn't even good-looking!

And don't forget Tiger's more recent douchebaggery; the spitting on the green. Definitely a classy guy!

As my wife and I were watching The Masters, we both remarked about how much we didn't care for Tiger. Like bubble here, she can't stand him because of his outside-the-ropes issues. I dislike his shortness with the media, what he did to his family, and his general premadonaness (although I can see why he would be generally guarded). The difference was that she wanted to see him fail because she didn't like him. I want to see him do well because its exciting when he's in contention. That tournament yesterday was made better because of his Sunday charge, and as a golf fan, I think it adds a lot of entertainment value. That's why I root for Tiger, because he entertains me. Its about me, not him.

I also find Vick entertaining.

That's mine, too. He even took this trailer-trash to his home to do the business when his wife wasn't at home. And the funny part is, she wasn't even good-looking!

And don't forget Tiger's more recent douchebaggery; the spitting on the green. Definitely a classy guy!

Ever watch a baseball game and see players spit everywhere? What about football?

As my wife and I were watching The Masters, we both remarked about how much we didn't care for Tiger. Like bubble here, she can't stand him because of his outside-the-ropes issues. I dislike his shortness with the media, what he did to his family, and his general premadonaness (although I can see why he would be generally guarded). The difference was that she wanted to see him fail because she didn't like him. I want to see him do well because its exciting when he's in contention. That tournament yesterday was made better because of his Sunday charge, and as a golf fan, I think it adds a lot of entertainment value. That's why I root for Tiger, because he entertains me. Its about me, not him.

I also find Vick entertaining.

I agree with this sentiment. I want to see Tiger and Vick contend, but ultimately lose. It adds excitement when they are in the game, and then I can relish in their disappointment when they fall just short. Sports needs villains. I feel the same way about Lebron James, the New York Yankees, and Duke basketball. Not so much the Cowboys, because I think I would prefer that they just lose all of their games all the time.

I think you REAL golf fans should be thankful for us Tiger fans. Without us your sport is nothing and would be dead. If Tiger is not playing then i'm not watching. And I cheer for DC sport teams. I am a Nationals and Capitals fan, but not a MLB and NHL fan. If these guys are not playing then i'm not watching. Hopefully when Tiger calls it quits there is another interesting player to follow...

The fact that Tiger doesn't even play in most of the tournaments increases the Tiger excitement level (IMO). He shows up for the majors and the other top tourneys, then hides out in his laboratory with Sean Foley the rest of the time letting us all wonder what he's doing and who he's doing it with. High drama.

:doh:...Yeah, because that's the same thing as spitting on a putting green in golf.

With this reply, I take it you've never played the game before.

Yeah I have.

So you're telling me a 2nd basemen spitting out a big wad of dip right next to 2nd, where people dive headfirst, isn't as bad as someone spitting on a green where your ball might roll through?

Anyone who saw Tiger Woods' interview and thought he had social problems, or was too rude to the interviewer...

www.twitter.com/TigerWoods

Take a look.

Take a look at how social this guy is. He gets it.

The reason he was so curt in his interview is because he saves his meaningful insight for his twitter account, which is what you should all be following using TweetDeck ;)

Why is everyone drinking the Tiger haterade? Everyone acts like he mass murdered 20 people. I didn't know sex was a crime? Is it right to cheat? Absolutely not. Does it set a good example? Absolutely not. Does it look terrible for the image? Yes. But stop acting like he went on a mass murder spree. She got like 750 million didn't she? I think that's more than adequate to offset the pain and suffering and she deserved every dime. I was rooting for Tiger. Golf is the sport that it is because of Tiger, nobody else. I would love to see the ratings for the people tuning in when Tiger is in a tournament and when he's not. For christ sake the guy has a video game based on himself.

Yeah I have.

So you're telling me a 2nd basemen spitting out a big wad of dip right next to 2nd, where people dive headfirst, isn't as bad as someone spitting on a green where your ball might roll through?

Actually, no its not. Spitting in baseball is "common". Spitting on a putting green is a definite no no.Especially when you're Tiger ****ing Woods, and have been playing professional for years.

And since you brought up that lame comparison, do you even have any proof of this happening lately?...or ever? Because I also played baseball, and I watch it now. And I can't remember if I've ever seen a guy do that. And little league or high school isn't a good example. They're not adults. So you would probably have to give them a pass.

Actually, no its not. Spitting in baseball is "common". Spitting on a putting green is a definite no no.Especially when you're Tiger ****ing Woods, and have been playing professional for years.

And since you brought up that lame comparison, do you even have any proof of this happening lately?...or ever? Because I also played baseball, and I watch it now. And I can't remember if I've ever seen a guy do that. And little league or high school isn't a good example. They're not adults. So you would probably have to give them a pass.

So Tiger does it one time and he gets bashed for it? Who cares! If you're not going to watch or root for Tiger because he spit on the green, then I don't know what to tell you.

No I don't have any video, but as much spitting that goes on during a baseball game, I'm sure someone has spit in an area where somone has slid before. I see A-Rod spit sunflower seeds all the time around 3rd base.

So Tiger does it one time and he gets bashed for it? Who cares! If you're not going to watch or root for Tiger because he spit on the green, then I don't know what to tell you.

No I don't have any video, but as much spitting that goes on during a baseball game, I'm sure someone has spit in an area where somone has slid before. I see A-Rod spit sunflower seeds all the time around 3rd base.

Tiger spitting doesn't cause me not to watch. I was just presenting yet another example of why he's a bad guy. You can't defend that, man. Just like you can't defend him committng adultry with 100 women.

As for that last paragraph...Well, I'm gonna have to start calling you Bad Example Guy. Again, a player spitting on a baseball field, even where someone could be sliding, isn't anywhere near as bad as spitting on green on a golf course. Not even close. And your sunflower example..oh brother. You get worse as you go...

Tiger spitting doesn't cause me not to watch. I was just presenting yet another example of why he's a bad guy. You can't defend that, man. Just like you can't defend him committng adultry with 100 women.

As for that last paragraph...Well, I'm gonna have to start calling you Bad Example Guy. Again, a player spitting on a baseball field, even where someone could be sliding, isn't anywhere near as bad as spitting on green on a golf course. Not even close. And your sunflower example..oh brother. You get worse as you go...

Explain to me the differences then? I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to be sliding head first in someones spit. I'm not saying he shouldn't be spitting on the green, but come on, he's a bad guy because he did that? Someone's ball might roll in his spit and they'd have to pick it up, fine I understand that. But really? That makes him a bad guy?

---------- Post added April-13th-2011 at 08:42 AM ----------

If we go after Sergio Garcia for "letting it flow" then we have to go after Woods for spitting, although the incident was months ago and old news

What did Sergio do?

Same thing Tiger did

Not that I can remember. Now I've seen Tiger spit on the course but I've never seen him spit into the cup, which is just another level of disgusting. Players have to put their hands into the cup to retrieve their ball, and I can't remember Tiger ever spitting into any cup in his career.

Not that I can remember. Now I've seen Tiger spit on the course but I've never seen him spit into the cup, which is just another level of disgusting. Players have to put their hands into the cup to retrieve their ball, and I can't remember Tiger ever spitting into any cup in his career.

Yeah if he spit into the cup that would be one thing or if he spit right in front of someone else's ball, but just randomly spitting on the green, that's whatever to me.

Sergio spit directly into the cup during an event, when he was disgusted for missing a putt. That incident was head and shoulders above the Woods episode. Still, spitting on a green is bad when you're caught on camera doing it. It's a poor example to set, just as cursing and whining are poor examples.

Hocking a lugey on a green would be nasty, but just spitting saliva is no big deal in my view. Sure you don't want anyone else to have to contact your spit, but that's likely an extremely low incidence.

Tiger dissenters have piled the spitting incident on with a long list of unprofessional behavior Woods has made his own. I can't stand Tiger because of the attitude he displayed long before his cheating was revealed. If you have an understanding for the history of golf, you can see how far out of step Tiger is from the mold of the games greats. Players like Sam Snead, Byron Nelson, Palmer, Nicklaus, Lee Trevino, and Gary Player set the standard for behavior on and off the course. Mickelson has his supporters because he tries SO hard to emulate the games greats in this regard.

Tiger carries himself like an ass on and off the course, there is no disputing that. Tiger is alot like Randy Moss when you compare their manner of placing themselves above their peers. The specific ways they each present themselves may differ because of their upbringings, but each has habit of continual petulant behavior that sets them apart from their fellow athletes.

Yeah if he spit into the cup that would be one thing or if he spit right in front of someone else's ball, but just randomly spitting on the green, that's whatever to me.

There's no way you've ever played golf before. And if so, just quit. You have no clue what golf eitquette is.

It's standard golf etiquette dude. Just like replacing your divots on the fairway and raking the traps. Clearly you're just hack golfer or lying about ever playing golf if you didn't know that.

You need to spit...do it in the ****ing rough.

It's standard golf etiquette dude. Just like replacing your divots on the fairway and raking the traps. Clearly you're just hack golfer or lying about ever playing golf if you didn't know that.

You need to spit...do it in the ****ing rough.

I understand that, but BS is making it seem like Tiger is a terrible person because he spit on the green. Was it right, no. But it doesn't make him a bad person.

Archived