Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011 Masters Tournament Thread

Slacky McSlackAss

seriously i watch sports for the players do their thing, I dont care what they do in their off-time

Yeah, I'm that way too, for the most part. However, I wasn't calling him a phony for anything he accomplished on the course. I was talking about how he had this squeaky clean image, and was thought of as this great guy, when actually he was a first class a-hole, scumbag cheating fraud.

seriously i watch sports for the players do their thing, I dont care what they do in their off-time

This is why I'm so perplexed by fan morality.

OH I CAN'T ROOT FOR THOSE STEELERS BECAUSE BEN RAPED SOMEONE ALLEGEDLY

HE'S A DIRTY GUY

Who gives a **** if he's dirty or not, he hasn't done anything dirty on the field. Irvin was a jerk on the field and off, so very few people like him. And other than Cowboys, those clowns can do what they want with their life and I don't care.

A moment of silence for Rory. He never knew what hit him.

Kudos to Charl Schwartzel for going for the jugular.

He was out of it all day. The magic that he had in the first 3 rounds was all gone. He'll be back though, the kid is one hell of a golfer.

Also, I hate those *******s who yell get in the hole every time Tiger shoots the ball.

Par 5, 2nd shot for Tiger.

Random douche in crowd: "GET IN THE HOLE!!!!" :doh:

Tigers showing on the last 4 holes showed that his head is still not 100% in the game. Whether he gets there or not this year is another story, but you can't deny that the guy has still got it.

Who gives a **** if he's dirty or not, he hasn't done anything dirty on the field. Irvin was a jerk on the field and off, so very few people like him. And other than Cowboys, those clowns can do what they want with their life and I don't care.

For me they are role models for kids, just as they were to me. I tried to emulate my heroes of sport

Would you apply the same logic to Politicians or Ministers. just curious

This is why I'm so perplexed by fan morality.

OH I CAN'T ROOT FOR THOSE STEELERS BECAUSE BEN RAPED SOMEONE ALLEGEDLY

HE'S A DIRTY GUY

Who gives a **** if he's dirty or not, he hasn't done anything dirty on the field.

Not to derail this thread....but you don't care if someone was raped? Do you have a daughter? Sister? Mother?

Not to derail this thread....but you don't care if someone was raped? Do you have a daughter? Sister? Mother?

You are missing the point and he obviously didn't say that. Lets take Michael Vick for example...he was a very fun player to watch. Splitting defenders and making em hit each other in the process plus his speed was unreal. As a kid I just don't know how you can hate the guy. Then he got into trouble off the field and a lot of people turned their back on him. I am a fan of Vick, because of the things he did ON the field. I could care less what they did off the field, because I am a fan of Vick as a player. Now being a fan of Vick as a person is kinda homo(gay just in case they blocked that out) to me Like why would someone be TMZ'ing a player off the field when you only like the player. Plus no one is perfect. You don't know if Mickelson go home at night and beat his wife. You cna only assume he is a good guy, because he is not in the news. Tiger cheated...so what...so I guess you hate the majority of men today...

---------- Post added April-11th-2011 at 09:51 AM ----------

For me they are role models for kids, just as they were to me. I tried to emulate my heroes of sport

Would you apply the same logic to Politicians or Ministers. just curious

But you tried to be like them on the field??? I was a fan of Kevin Garnett and always tried to block shots liek him, Even though he never got into any trouble that was not going to stop me from trying to play like him nor will I make the wrong mistake like him, because it is the PARENTS job to teach their kids right from wrong...

Now if you can rape a girl and get out of it and then get a ring: once every 2-3 years discussion.

If you can murder a person but still be a beast on the field, we only reference that once or twice a year.

If you mess up and then fall apart professionally: Thats constant talk.

I'm not gonna lie, I wanna punch someone I see these days wearing a Vick jersey. I don't even know how one can even go about putting on that clown's jersey, with what he has done. To an extent, I'm the same with Roethlisberger. However, with Ben, he hasn't actually been found guilty of raping anyone. With that said, just the allegations of rape would be enough to deter me from buying/wearing his jersey.

And anyone that wears a OJ Simpson jersey is an idiot. That person has serious issues.

And to the guy that poo-pooed Tiger's cheating by saying, "so what". Well, its one thing if you cheated once and got caught. But this clown led a complete double life. He was bangin' everyone. Even the Perkins waitress serving him is hotcakes!

I'm not gonna lie, I wanna punch someone I see these days wearing a Vick jersey. I don't even know how one can even go about putting on that clown's jersey, with what he has done. To an extent, I'm the same with Roethlisberger. However, with Ben, he hasn't actually been found guilty of raping anyone. With that said, just the allegations of rape would be enough to deter me from buying/wearing his jersey.

And anyone that wears a OJ Simpson jersey is an idiot. That person has serious issues.

And to the guy that poo-pooed Tiger's cheating by saying, "so what". Well, its one thing if you cheated once and got caught. But this clown led a complete double life. He was bangin' everyone. Even the Perkins waitress serving him is hotcakes!

Again, Tiger didn't do anything illegal like Vick or Roethlisberger. Yes it was wrong, but not illegal. If you don't like athletes that cheat on their wives, you probably won't have many to cheer for.

I can see the case for rooting for a player who has committed adultery. I think it's naive to think that a good portion of athletes don't do commit it. I don't think they go to Tiger's extent but they do it. While it's a horrible thing to do, it's no where near as bad as being caught committing rape, murder, animal torture or other such acts.

Again, Tiger didn't do anything illegal like Vick or Roethlisberger. Yes it was wrong, but not illegal. If you don't like athletes that cheat on their wives, you probably won't have many to cheer for.

Dude, really? So Tiger is still a saint in your eyes? C'mon. He's a first class A-hole. Yeah, he may not have done anything on the level of Vick, no. But what he has done is still enough to prevent me from ever cheering for the guy. Sorry, I have no respect for a douche that cheats on his wife 50 times. As for Ben? What exactly has he been convicted of? Not taking up for the guy, but the rape things are just allegations until proven otherwise. But like I said, even the allegations are enough for me to not like the guy.

I can see the case for rooting for a player who has committed adultery. I think it's naive to think that a good portion of athletes don't do commit it. I don't think they go to Tiger's extent but they do it. While it's a horrible thing to do, it's no where near as bad as being caught committing rape, murder, animal torture or other such acts.

Who said it was?

And I'm gonna come clean on something. One of my favorite players ever (Chipper) has committed adultry. In fact, he even had a child with the woman. However, he was married to his first wife at a very young age. That was probably his first mistake. He got married soon after making the big leagues. And they later divorced. But since he's remarried, and since that mistake with the Hooters gal, you haven't heard one single bad thing about the guy. Not saying he hasn't cheated or done anything wrong since then, but you sure as hell haven't heard anything about him. And he's also one of the more respected players in the game of baseball. Sure Tiger is respected for what he's accomplished on the course. But he's not all that liked by alot of his peers or alot of fans. And by "fans", I mean the ones that actually attend the tournaments and see how much of a douche he is.

And I'm gonna come clean on something. One of my favorite players ever (Chipper) has committed adultry. In fact, he even had a child with the woman. However, he was married to his first wife at a very young age. That was probably his first mistake. He got married soon after making the big leagues. And they later divorced. But since he's remarried, and since that mistake with the Hooters gal, you haven't heard one single bad thing about the guy. Not saying he hasn't cheated or done anything wrong since then, but you sure as hell haven't heard anything about him. And he's also one of the more respected players in the game of baseball. Sure Tiger is respected for what he's accomplished on the course. But he's not all that liked by alot of his peers or alot of fans. And by "fans", I mean the ones that actually attend the tournaments and see how much of a douche is.

Chipper got a 2nd chance and he made the most of it.

Tiger is getting a 2nd chance and you won't give him a level playing field? You haven't really heard much about Tiger after the entire scandal either.

Sounds hypocritical to me.

But he's not all that liked by alot of his peers or alot of fans. And by "fans", I mean the ones that actually attend the tournaments and see how much of a douche he is.

I spend WAY too much time following professional golf, and I gotta strongly disagree with this claim. As far as I can tell, Tiger still has as much peer support as ever.

Yeah, there was Parnevik, Watson, and the bogus Ben Crane story, but aside from those I don't recall much Tiger bashing from peers in the wake of the scandal. Quite the opposite, when a few months passed without any clear sign of him returning to competition, many of his peers started to get vocal about missing him on tour. Alot of this could be the perceived threat of sponsor drop-off, but nevertheless there was urgency for him to comeback and comeback strong...

My perception at this point is that Tiger is a 1000x more private than he was previously, and as a result has spent very little time socially with his peers, thus you don't hear much sentimental feedback from other players.

All that said, there is no question the guy is a total prick. I disagree with the majority of fans that want to see him return to form. My personal belief is that the guy has used PED's, and paid his ex $750 mil to keep quiet. I'll be happy if he never wins again... well at least until the Ryder Cup at Medinah.

Dude, really? So Tiger is still a saint in your eyes? C'mon. He's a first class A-hole. Yeah, he may not have done anything on the level of Vick, no. But what he has done is still enough to prevent me from ever cheering for the guy. Sorry, I have no respect for a douche that cheats on his wife 50 times. As for Ben? What exactly has he been convicted of? Not taking up for the guy, but the rape things are just allegations until proven otherwise. But like I said, even the allegations are enough for me to not like the guy.

Where did I say that? Who cares if he's an A-hole, he's never done anything to me. What athlete isn't some sort of A-hole? There aren't many athletes nowadays that have squeaky clean images. I root for greatness when I watch sports that I don't have a team in, so for golf, I like to see Tiger succeed. What makes a better story, telling your kids you saw one of the greatest play the game or you got to see someone fail?

Dude, really? So Tiger is still a saint in your eyes? C'mon. He's a first class A-hole.

Personally, I find this attitude particularly judgmental. I suspect you haven't ever met Tiger, or truly know the details of his marriage or circumstance. The amount of passion you have for hating someone you don't know, have never met, and most importantly for 'facts' you don't truly know seems over the top and a waste of energy.

Where did I say that? Who cares if he's an A-hole, he's never done anything to me. What athlete isn't some sort of A-hole? There aren't many athletes nowadays that have squeaky clean images. I root for greatness when I watch sports that I don't have a team in, so for golf, I like to see Tiger succeed. What makes a better story, telling your kids you saw one of the greatest play the game or you got to see someone fail?

You don't HAVE to like a guy to tell your kids he was great. I know he's a great player, and will go down as one of the best ever. But I don't care if the guy ever wins again. He's a punk. And the reason most people root for the guy in the first place is because he's a winner. Its that inferiorty complex thing. Some people seem as if they have to root for a winner to validate themselves. Its pathetic.

---------- Post added April-11th-2011 at 04:13 PM ----------

Personally, I find this attitude particularly judgmental. I suspect you haven't ever met Tiger, or truly know the details of his marriage or circumstance. The amount of passion you have for hating someone you don't know, have never met, and most importantly for 'facts' you don't truly know seems over the top and a waste of energy.

Where did I say I hate the guy? And you don't have to know the guy, or have met him, to know he's a bad guy. And EVERYONE knows the details of his marriage, dude. Where have you been? I love how people try and downplay what the guy did, as if it were nothing. Yeah, cheating on your wife that you have a few kids with, 50-100 times with every skank imaginable is nothing.:doh:

You don't HAVE to like a guy to tell your kids he was great. I know he's a great player, and will go down as one of the best ever. But I don't care if the guy ever wins again. He's a punk. And the reason most people root for the guy in the first place is because he's a winner. Its that inferiorty complex thing. Some people seem as if they have to root for a winner to validate themselves. Its pathetic

I root for the Orioles and Redskins, so if I wanted to "validate" myself, I would've changed teams a LONG time ago.

Same can be said for people who rag on great players, they have to be different to validate themselves.

Archived