Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What the heck is going on with all the bumped threads?

Predicto

How do you pronounce ornery?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. How do you pronounce ornery?

You're friends with Mick on facebook?

Hell no. I'm not even friends with him here. ;)

---------- Post added April-5th-2011 at 09:23 PM ----------

Alright. Forgot PM's weren't working right now. IONTOP is one. He told me that himself. He gave me the name of his co-conspirator too, but that's hearsay as far as I'm concerned, so I'm not sharing that. Just in case there are any real repercussions.

Basically here's what I put in the Random Thought Thread about this whole situation...

But I'm going to blame someone who is smart enough to know that they WILL get caught at some point, they have planned this knowing that everyone's going to be talking about them, but they want to be remembered as the guy who bumped all those threads and nobody knew who it was...

Therefore I blamed Extreme...

But I'm completely content in my reputation on ES right now... I'd rather not have someone say IONTOP, yeah he's that guy who bumped all those threads that one time... I'd rather be known for... You know... Stuff

Honestly, I think this is what happened: Somebody found out how to post in a poll and get a thread bumped. Then, others caught on to this and started doing the same exact thing. I bet there isn't one person to be at fault for this. I also think that the mods started closing threads because they couldn't figure out who it was. If somebody isn't logged in and they post in a poll which is open, there isn't probably much that they can do to track it. Summary, we don't know who did it and good luck on the mods in finding out who it was.

PS: I wanted to let everyone on ES know that I use two spaces after a period. It's a force of habit and it also lets people know when the sentence that they have typed has ended. So I'm "old school", **** off.

PSS: I can view ES while at work, I can't post in any threads. Not only is it too time consuming, my coworkers were laughing as the "Moving to Uranus" thread today. I would seem like a total dweeb if I spent enough time on ES to come up with a way to randomly bump threads. I don't have enough time to come up with such an annoying idea and I'm fresh off my first ES banning and I'd certainly not like to tempt fate.

Archived