Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SI Peter King (MMQB): McNabb Thought

TD_washingtonredskins

6. I think the team that makes the most sense for Donovan McNabb is Minnesota. The compensation that makes the most sense is a conditional fourth-round pick in 2012 that could rise to a three if McNabb starts 12 games this year. Or something like that. The Redskins can get partial payment (very partial) back for the move Mike Shanahan wishes he never made. The Vikings can sleep better at night knowing they don't have to rely on Joe Webb with a suspect offensive line and a veteran defense as they try to make one last playoff run with this core. McNabb can be happy knowing he has one more chance to take a contender deep into the playoffs. But if this happens, he'd better take full advantage of it, because it might be his last shot with a contender.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/04/03/mmqb/index.html#ixzz1IYz4nwQx

I'd take that in a heartbeat!!

Another "when the lockout ends" scenario

Not interested til there is a deal in place

But it is a pretty good deal

Especially if we sign Sid Rice afterwards

Yeah...but if we want to talk football at all this off-season, we are going to have to deal with the "when the lockout ends" caveat. Otherwise, we'll just be chatting about labor negotiations.

Also, isn't Arizona a better fit personally for McNabb since he lives there and that will most likely keep Fitz on the team?

Minnesota is a better fit for the fact they are ready to compete and just need a QB to help them get there. Arizona has issues and yes while McNabb lives there, he would like Minnesota if they do trade for him

^^^ wow

That was harsh lol

But yeah I seriously think any idiot could do Peter King's job

What are his accomplishments again?

He's built a long list of people who return his calls because he writes butt-kissing, name-dropping columns about how awesome everyone is and how awesome he is for knowing them.

This little "insider's" tidbit is something ES posters have brought up roughly 10 billion times since the middle of last season.

I just want him gone. I don't care what we trade him for. 4th, 5th, 6th, get his ass out of here. I'd rather watch Grossman throw 4 interceptions a game than watch a filthy ex-Eagle throw balls into the dirt while receivers run wide open on 3rd and 5.

The outcome from both Grossman and McNabb will be the same: we are going to suck at the QB position.

He's built a long list of people who return his calls because he writes butt-kissing, name-dropping columns about how awesome everyone is and how awesome he is for knowing them.

This little "insider's" tidbit is something ES posters have brought up roughly 10 billion times since the middle of last season.

Yep...

We won't be allowed to make trades before the 2011 draft though. Also, more ammunition in 2012 could make it easier to move up for a QB depending on where we're drafting.

My bad....my comment was assuming that an injuction is granted sometime this week or next week. If not, and the league is still in a lockout, then yeah, i agree.

I guess I still think when the rubber hits the road, McNabb is probably worth more than a 4th with all the teams looking for QBs out there. Especially if it's a 4th in the 2012 draft. I am going to hold out hope that the Cards and Vikes up the bidding for each other, and we end up with a 3rd conditional second... But who knows.

I guess I still think when the rubber hits the road, McNabb is probably worth more than a 4th with all the teams looking for QBs out there. Especially if it's a 4th in the 2012 draft. I am going to hold out hope that the Cards and Vikes up the bidding for each other, and we end up with a 3rd conditional second... But who knows.

I think It would end up being a 4th conditional 3rd. I also think we can get a 3rd or 4th for haynesworth as well.

Why not just trade McNabb for Webb? Webb looked pretty darn promising in the last few games of last season.
I doubt Minny would let Webb go. Even if Webb doesn't pan out as quarterback, he's got the athleticism to convert to WR. Besides, McNabb is old as dirt and likely to be injured. They have to have someone good step in.

Why not just trade McNabb for Webb? Webb looked pretty darn promising in the last few games of last season.

I don't want another average QB who MIGHT work given the perfect circumstances. Find a franchise QB one way or another. If you don't believe you have one in this year's draft, then wait and build the castle around him.

Also, isn't Sid Rice a RFA now?

1) I would do this in a millisecond.

2) Accordingly, there is zero chance that Minny would do it. DM5 is not worth anything close to a 3rd or 4th right now, given decline and salary promises.

3) It absolutely will not happen this way (or in any similar form), and was a pretty silly suggestion by King.

4) For those of you chafing at our stubborn insistence on talking FOOTBALL while CBA negotiations and litigation are ongoing (imagine that!)... what exactly would you have us do? Pretend we don't love it, or that we're not thinking about it? Shut down the site? Stab ourselves in our hearts with rusty scissors? If you don't want to hear our thoughts while the league is in limbo, kindly disconnect your Internet service, punch yourself in the balls, and leave us alone until September.

Okay so while I'm not a King fan I think there is merit to this trade. It also could be a landing spot for Albert, so how about packaging them together for a 2012 3rd rounder that becomes a second with reasonable milestones and a first with milestones worthy of that pick. Nice thing is that if either produces it would be a second and if both produce for Minny ot would be a first.

Archived