Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011 Major League Baseball Thread

StillUnknown

hey ix, the Rangers canned their new TV play-by-play guy, John Rhadigan! YES! Today is a great day for Rangers fans. :ols: The dude was just awful. He is going back to the Fox Sports studio, where he was much better. Now we the fans don't have to spend all our time ****ing about the announcer and can focus on actual baseball again. :ols:

Dave Barnett is taking over the duty. Since you listen to a lot of radio games, you probably know him from the Rangers radio team. Huge upgrade over Rhadigan. So happy. Should have just kept Josh Lewin though.

I mean, when he was first signed, the baseball world went nuts and the media was all over him. And got to give him credit, he performed alright his first few years. He's just broken down and injury prone now. The best assessment you can give of him, without the negativity, is that he is "inconsistent". He's not stellar at all. He's not an ace. He's not Roy Halladay. He's mediocre at best. He has this horrible game earlier this season and then he bounces back and then he goes on the DL for the 1000th time in his career. What a bust

• 2 weeks later...

Giants have horrible injury problems losing, among other things, their 2, 3 and 4 hitters from the lineup, they can't score runs to save their life (29th in runs scored), they have a negative run differential for the season... and have the third best record in MLB.

Giants win solely on force of will. :)

Giants have horrible injury problems losing, among other things, their 2, 3 and 4 hitters from the lineup, they can't score runs to save their life (29th in runs scored), they have a negative run differential for the season... and have the third best record in MLB.

Giants win solely on force of will. :)

it must be. their record and last years run doesnt make a lot of sense. their offense isnt playoff caliber. timely hitting, pitching, and heart i suppose.

it must be. their record and last years run doesnt make a lot of sense. their offense isnt playoff caliber. timely hitting, pitching, and heart i suppose.

Proof that having a top 3 bullpen (1st in my opinion) and starting rotation and a good manager can overcome a lot of bad breaks.

Also, the Giants are one of those teams who sum is much greater than all of its parts.

Proof that having a top 3 bullpen (1st in my opinion) and starting rotation and a good manager can overcome a lot of bad breaks.

Also, the Giants are one of those teams who sum is much greater than all of its parts.

The Giants and Braves are two very similar teams at this point - loads of injury issues, solid rotation, dominate bullpens, questionable offense even when healthy.

Archived