Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011 Major League Baseball Thread

StillUnknown

"I felt really good about the sweep' date='" McCutchen said. "We hadn't done that all season. I don't think they can overturn us winning." [/quote']

Andrew McCutchen after the MLB "scoring committee" took away a double from June 11th that "snapped" (artificially) his MLB-best 16-game road hitting streak; and the Bucs swept the 'Stros.

The Marlins are 3-17 since Cousins needlessly slid into Posey and ended Posey's year.

Karma's a *****, fish fans.

I think their slide has more to do with Josh Johnson's injury than anything else. That, and Hanley Ramirez can't stay on the field. Their manager is about to be fired, I think. He's gonna be the scapegoat. They do have too much talent to be playing this poorly.

---------- Post added June-17th-2011 at 01:29 AM ----------

The Marlins are 3-17 since Cousins needlessly slid into Posey and ended Posey's year.

Karma's a *****, fish fans.

Btw, there wasn't anything wrong with what Cousins did. Get over it.

I was told by ****y Rangers fans that they didn't need Cliff Lee to contend for the AL West

Weren't the Rangers supposed to be the hot stuff

Can barely lead their division against the likes of Seattle and Anaheim lol smh

Did you not see the Rangers last year before they had Cliff Lee? They were doing a pretty damn good job of contending. Before they traded for Lee last year, the Rangers were 50-36. They finished the season 90-72, so they went 40-36 with Lee. So I can understand why they think they can contend without him. Plus, 2 of their best hitters, Hamilton and Cruz, have both missed some time this year. The Rangers will be fine.

And they're still in 1st with their pitchers not pitching well and 2 of their best hitters missing time. They still have 92 games left, plenty of time.

West W L PCT GB L10 STRK HOME ROAD LAST GAME NEXT GAME

Texas 36 34 .514 - 2-8 L5 20-13 16-21 6/16 @ NYY, L 2-3 6/17 @ ATL, 7:35 PM

Seattle 35 34 .507 0.5 4-6 W1 19-17 16-17 6/15 vs LAA, W 3-1 6/17 vs PHI, 10:10 PM

LA Angels 33 37 .471 3.0 3-7 L1 15-20 18-17 6/15 @ SEA, L 1-3 6/17 @ NYM, 7:10 PM

All I'm sayin gis that the race is closer than it was last year when Texas tore apart the division and led by as much as 10 games

But by .5 though

Again I'm just pointing out how they are NOT AS GOOD as last year and I'm very curious why, seems the studs from last year aren't stepping up. For them to get swept by the Yankees is hilarious.

Anyway let's see how they do against the Braves, Interleague starts today. I'm tired of hearing about how interleague is irrelevant or should be PHASED away with. Interleague is good for the fans and the game. And it's only a few weeks. You all can live with a few weeks of interleague matchups, can't you?

I know interleague can be responsible for some pretty bad matchups, but interleague is also responsible for some pretty intriguing matchups. Like regular AL-AL or NL-NL games, you hop around and find the matchups you want to see. If there's a bad matchup between SD and MIN, watch something else. Always a good baseball game on, interleague or in-conference.

Key Interleague Series this weekend

- PIT CLE

- MIL BOS

- TEX ATL

PHI SEA, I guess

Interleague is incredibly stupid and I wish it would be eliminated. Interleague is for the World Series.

Guess you aren't looking forward to the big Texas showdown between the Rangers and Astros :ols:

But seriously, get excited because Rangers Braves is tonight

Guess you aren't looking forward to the big Texas showdown between the Rangers and Astros :ols:

But seriously, get excited because Rangers Braves is tonight

I can't get excited. The DisAstros get destroyed by the Rangers every year. I have no interest in Rangers-DisAstros. I'd rather watch Mavs-Rockets, Cowboys-Texans, etc.

And I hate when the Rangers play the Braves. Just pointless. Interleague serves no valuable purpose on the schedule. NONE at all.

Guess you missed my post

It showcases two good teams from both leagues against each other, might listen to MIL BOS tonight

I don't care if an interleague matchup is between the 1927 Yankees and 1907 Cubs. If it's regular season, it serves no purpose. Brewers-Red Sox? What exactly is the point of that? I'll tell you: there isn't one.

I don't care if an interleague matchup is between the 1927 Yankees and 1907 Cubs. If it's regular season, it serves no purpose. Brewers-Red Sox? What exactly is the point of that? I'll tell you: there isn't one.

For the fans, boss. For the fans.

Its a matchup of two good teams.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110616&content_id=20612818&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

Since Interleague Play began writing a different kind of baseball story in 1997, a key character from the outset has been the natural rivalry.

From coast to coast and through the heartland, matchups that previously would have been only exhibitions -- or in some cases the ultimate rivalry meeting in the World Series -- became annual staples in the regular season.

But Interleague Play could not thrive on rivalries alone. So, as it developed with teams from different regions playing each other starting in 2002, a new cornerstone emerged: the rarity.

This weekend, as the 2011 Interleague schedule goes into full swing for two weeks, there's a healthy dose of both the rivalry and the rarity.

To expedite the Pittsburgh Pirates ascention to first place! :)

For the fans, boss. For the fans.

What am I? :ols: I'm a fan and I say it's stupid. And I'm not the only one who thinks that. Unless you have every team play every other team from the other league, then it's pointless. Schedules become unbalanced. Some teams will consistently play a horrible team from the other league. Look at the Cardinals. They have gotten to play the lowly Royals every year. Other teams are forced to play teams from the other league that are consistently good. The only games that should matter are games within your own league, because those are the teams you are battling for a playoff spot.

If anything, there should only be ONE interleague series per season, and that is a matchup between the previous year's World Series participants. My hatred for interleague will keep growing and growing until it is done away with.

Yeah and I'm a fan too and I love interleague every year

Guess we'll have to disagree, I just love LISTENING to premiere matchups

BTW Yankees lost 3-1 to Cubs :(

Tell me which series is more important:

a historic matchup between the Red Sox and Cubs

OR

a seemingly uninteresting "showdown" between the Angels and Blue Jays

Archived