Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sports Day DFW: Cowboys players illegally met with Rob Ryan; Roger Goodell issues fine

HOF44

Link

Cheater! ;)

Several Dallas Cowboys players have mentioned getting together with new defensive coordinator Rob Ryan to get a jump-start on his system. That apparently is a violation of NFL rules and put the Cowboys among of a group of five teams that have been fined by commissioner Roger Goodell for having contact with players during a "dead'' period.

Miami, Cleveland and San Francisco are also believed to have violated the rule, which is not related to the lockout. Teams can have only limited contact with players until March 15, when off-season programs can begin. Like the Cowboys, each of those clubs has a new head coach or new coordinators.

"Teams can only have limited contact with players until march 15". hmm....i think its pretty obvious march 15th has passed.

i think it's pretty obvious this happened before march 15, lol, I mean if roger goodell is actually fining amurica's team they must have done something!

The consequence for talking to the players is a fine? Unless that fine is a ridiculous sum of money, when you bring in a new coordinator I'd TELL my coaches to contact players in regards to the scheme and the playbook... And then I'd face the music and admit that it happened and pay the fine.

Why?

New system means you have virtually no time to get it installed when the lockout breaks. If you get a headstart by sitting down and laying out the playbook and the system to a few of the vets, you've just gained a tremendous advantage.

If we had a new coordinator this year I would hope we'd be willing to pay the fine for this. But it would also require being a man and admitting it and accepting the fine or it's pretty shady.

Jerry Jones and his organization including coaches will continue to do these type of things because he feels that he runs the NFL. They are America's team and he has a different set of rules. If this were Any other owner or better yet Dan Snyder Roger Goodell and the NFL would have taken that draft pick plus the money. When will they wake up and see how crooked Jerry Jones is. He snubbed his nose at the NFL when he built the stadium with the Monster big screen scoreboard right in the middle of the stadium just a few feet above the allowed regulation of the NFL. He also snubbed his nose at the NFL when he covered up the Adam "Pacman" Jones issues when he was with the Cowboys. Until the NFL treats every organization the same way, Teams like the Cowboys and Patriots will continue to break rules and get infractions that don't live up to the violations. A "drop-in-the bucket" fine is not going to deter these guys as long it still benefits them they will live with it.

Jerry Jones and his organization including coaches will continue to do these type of things because he feels that he runs the NFL. They are America's team and he has a different set of rules. If this were Any other owner or better yet Dan Snyder Roger Goodell and the NFL would have taken that draft pick plus the money. When will they wake up and see how crooked Jerry Jones is. He snubbed his nose at the NFL when he built the stadium with the Monster big screen scoreboard right in the middle of the stadium just a few feet above the allowed regulation of the NFL. He also snubbed his nose at the NFL when he covered up the Adam "Pacman" Jones issues when he was with the Cowboys. Until the NFL treats every organization the same way, Teams like the Cowboys and Patriots will continue to break rules and get infractions that don't live up to the violations. A "drop-in-the bucket" fine is not going to deter these guys as long it still benefits them they will live with it.

You read where it said they were one of five teams right?

Everyone needs to re-read this post again.

It's the truth.

Everyone needs to re-read this post again.

It's the truth.

That paragraph is so full of BS it's nonsense.

Please link the article that says the other 4 teams are being penalized more harshly than the Cowboys. How is it snubbing your nose at the NFL to follow their regulations for building a stadium?

..... When will they wake up and see how crooked Jerry Jones is. He snubbed his nose at the NFL when he built the stadium with the Monster big screen scoreboard right in the middle of the stadium just a few feet above the allowed regulation of the NFL. He also snubbed his nose at the NFL when he covered up the Adam "Pacman" Jones issues when he was with the Cowboys.....

I actually think the bulk of your post has a lot of merit in it's premise, but the above quoted section does nothing more than make us look like bitter, twisted, obsessives toward the Cowboys. When you stoop to such tawdry levels, your little better than those your attacking.

Just how, pray, did Jeruh "snub his nose" at the NFL by building, as you yourself stated, the central video board ABOVE the allowed regulation set down by the league? He was wrong for working WITHIN the rules the NFL set? If you've a beef over that, the folk to take it up with are the NFL for setting the regulations. Not Dallas or whomever for using those rules to their advantage WITHIN the rules laid down.

And am I missing something with Pacman's time in Dallas? I thought all that morons indiscretions through his time in Texas were public knowledge as soon as they happened? And, taking your claim on face value, if Dallas did try downplay or cover anything up, is it any different from what ANY other owner/organization would of done to protect one of it's asset's? I'm sure there's **** goes on with Redskins players in and out of the Park that we never get to hear about.

Seriously man, there's zero need to go WAY OTT in criticising the Cowboys to the point of sounding pathetic. They make a darn good job of embarrassing themselves without any outside help.

Hail.

That paragraph is so full of BS it's nonsense.

Please link the article that says the other 4 teams are being penalized more harshly than the Cowboys. How is it snubbing your nose at the NFL to follow their regulations for building a stadium?

I know being a Giants' fan it's a bit difficult for you to understand, but just take a look at Jerruh's recent antics at the bargaining table. The guy gives a gesture to the players that could only result in a walk-out...an end to the negotiations.

Jerruh is a run-amok owner...who can't be reeled in.

How the **** was he able to land a SB in ****ing ice cold pukeville?

Jerruh runs the NFL...there isn't another owner half as interested or involved in the day to day operations.

---------- Post added March-28th-2011 at 07:33 PM ----------

Seriously man, there's zero need to go WAY OTT in criticising the Cowboys to the point of sounding pathetic. They make a darn good job of embarrassing themselves without any outside help.

Hail.

It simply amazes me how you bend over backwards to defend the pukes and their lunatic owner...

Please, find me another picture of your Skins' room so I can reassure myself that you're loyal to the Black and Maroon.

:rotflmao:

It simply amazes me how you bend over backwards to defend the pukes and their lunatic owner...

Please, find me another picture of your Skins' room so I can reassure myself that you're loyal to the Black and Maroon.

Coming from you Tex, the irony in that last line is gold standard.

Forgive me for not being an ass and lying through it to attack the 'Girls.

Hail.

I know being a Giants' fan it's a bit difficult for you to understand, but just take a look at Jerruh's recent antics at the bargaining table. The guy gives a gesture to the players that could only result in a walk-out...an end to the negotiations.

Jerruh is a run-amok owner...who can't be reeled in.

How the **** was he able to land a SB in ****ing ice cold pukeville?

Jerruh runs the NFL...there isn't another owner half as interested or involved in the day to day operations.

So just to be clear you absolutely can't refute the points I made in reference to your "this post is truth" comment.

And I don't like Jerry Jones, but I'm not gonna make myself look like an idiot by just making things up to try and make him look bad.

So I guess the Mara's must run the NFL too since they were able to get a superbowl in NY/NJ, which is much colder then "ice cold pukeville"

So just to be clear you absolutely can't refute the points I made in reference to your "this post is truth" comment.

And I don't like Jerry Jones, but I'm not gonna make myself look like an idiot by just making things up to try and make him look bad.

So I guess the Mara's must run the NFL too since they were able to get a superbowl in NY/NJ, which is much colder then "ice cold pukeville"

This SB was an epic fail, except for the game.

Try to put some lipstick on another pig.

So the coaches can't talk to the players. What if a coach had a family member on their team? Would he be forbidden to talk to his son or relative? Even at a family gathering.

What if I played professional football? Would I have to deal with pointless hypotheticals?

Archived