Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SportsDayDFW: Former Longhorn, current Redskin Brian Orakpo plans to work with Cowboy DeMarcus Ware this offseason

tr1

Wooo there KD.

I don't know if it's the emotions the rivalry elicits, but something's getting lost in translation. First in my reply to TRPB (sorry man if I made it sound like you didn't care about the rivalry. I was trying to convey that maybe you didn't put as much on it, not that that's wrong. Having read your response, I have no doubt you do and apologize if that's how it came across); and now in your response to me bro.

You know the very last thing I'd get into is the "your not a proper fan/ I'm a better fan than you" B/S KD man. It's tawdry and pathetic and I've lost count of the number of times I've pulled people on here for that. If you take the time to both sign up and then take time out from your everyday life to post on a message board than there's no question your a committed, passionate fan. I'm sorry if the tone of my post came across in a "holier-than-thou" nature. And I couldn't agree more, it is totally irrational and makes not a lick of sense at all. Normal lay-men and woman who don't follow a sports team must seriously think we're all delusional idiots. There's ZERO logic to what we put ourselves through on a weekly basis with our teams for nothing more than emotional reward, often at great expense. But we do, because we're fans. And this is no less an example of utter non sense. It just is what it is.

If by saying those in agreement care less about the rivalry than those not came across as me saying if you don't agree, your not a fan, I apologize profusely. That couldn't of been further from my intentions. I guess we just view the Dallas rivalry slightly different from one another in terms of what's acceptable and what's not. I know it goes on all over the league. I'm not that naive. But as a fan of this team, it doesn't mean to say I have to like it when it's one of our own players.

And there's nothing wrong with either opinion. :cheers:.

I shall stop rambling now before I bore y'all to death.

Hail.

Wooo there KD.

You know the very last thing I'd get into is the "your not a proper fan/ I'm a better fan than you" B/S KD man.

This is why I was surprised it was coming from you, GHH.

If by saying those in agreement care less about the rivalry than those not came across as me saying if you don't agree, your not a fan, I apologize profusely. That couldn't of been further from my intentions. I guess we just view the Dallas rivalry slightly different from one another in terms of what's acceptable and what's not. I not it goes on all over the league. I'm not that naive. But as a fan of this team, it doesn't mean to say I have to like it when it's one of our own players.

I guess we do. As long as they hate them when they line up across from them, do what you want. If you're buddy buddy with them during the game, that's when I'll have an issue. After we beat them? Feel free to slap up/hug/whatever. During the game that helmet needs to be de-starred. Period.

I shall stop rambling now before I bore y'all to death.

Glad to know that your first post came across the wrong way. You're one of the last people I'd expect to go there.

:cheers:

I had to get one in there, TRPB. ;)

I do like this. Product of a scheme or not, Ware is a top 2 pass rusher, and if I'm not mistaken, wasn't he a DE in college? Rak can learn a lot from him.

As for some other Silver and Blues...not quite as smart

Dez is immature, we all know that. Its not going to effect any part of his game. He isnt out there punching motoerist in the jaw or stuffing money in a waitress's bra. Nor is he killing dogs or rapping women.....

I do think he acts like a 14 year old, with his pants hanging down and "hanging at the mall"....are you flippin kidding me? Good lord. But still, He is a youngin, he will be just fine. EVERYONE here knows that the man can play ball.

I dont worry about Dez........

Yep he was a small school DE......Rak was ahead of Ware coming out of coolege as far as i am concerned. He can and will learn alot about switching from DE to OLB....why not learn from someone like that

and this ole Product of scheme joke still tickles me.......Obviously Ware can play ball. No one can disagree....and if it was a "product of scheme" and nothing more, then seeing that it is a "similar" scheme to what Rak will be in again, then i am sure Rak would love to be a 'product of scheme" as long as it gave him those same type of "STATS".....

Is there anyone left besides TR1 that truly thinks its scheme and scheme alone that makes Ware a great player?

---------- Post added March-24th-2011 at 01:01 PM ----------

i dunno, BJ has a rep for really hating every team in the beast

come on tweed...thats on the field bravado and locker room talk. No one knows whats in their hearts, but these players and you can see it now more then ever, are in a business....hell yea they love to beat each other on the field AND hit each other in the mouth when they play....sure the rivalry, based on past history, and based on playing 2 X's every year, and all that jazz, sure it makes them come out like that, but when the pads are off and they are done for the season and on their "down time".......they are all a lot closer then we all think.......Well not all. There is some real hate for some real reasons, but not based on rivalry and what team they play for etc.......

Is there anyone left besides TR1 that truly thinks its scheme and scheme alone that makes Ware a great player?

I can think of one or two of his cohort's but let's not stir that hornets nest up.

ANYONE that can't admit DeMarcus (Be)Ware is one of the all time great DE/OLB's after just six years in the pro's is beyond help IMHO. I still curse Cerrato for taking Carlos fricking Rogers two places above him in '05. IMHO, Ware would excel in ANY system, in ANY era. If the other protagonist in the OP, Brian Orakpo, has half as good a career as DeMarcus Ware, we'll be one very lucky set of fans indeed.

Hail.

come on tweed...thats on the field bravado and locker room talk. No one knows whats in their hearts, but these players and you can see it now more then ever, are in a business....hell yea they love to beat each other on the field AND hit each other in the mouth when they play....sure the rivalry, based on past history, and based on playing 2 X's every year, and all that jazz, sure it makes them come out like that, but when the pads are off and they are done for the season and on their "down time".......they are all a lot closer then we all think.......Well not all. There is some real hate for some real reasons, but not based on rivalry and what team they play for etc.......

Have you met Antonio Pierce yet? lol, that dude hates us, hates the redskins, and I think that being a leader on that team for awhile has made others on their team dislike the beast BJ included. I like it, lol, I don't like the gints, but I like the attitude. Now, I don't doubt some do it in front of the camera, but some don't.

Have you met Antonio Pierce yet? lol, that dude hates us, hates the redskins, and I think that being a leader on that team for awhile has made others on their team dislike the beast BJ included. I like it, lol, I don't like the gints, but I like the attitude. Now, I don't doubt some do it in front of the camera, but some don't.

no i never met him. Where did you met him at? I have seen him play and yes I have seen him talking on TV. I'm not at all going to pretend that he is what I see him acting like on TV...im not saying that the NFL is pro wrestling or anything, but if you think thats what Antonio Pierce is like in real life, then you are "probably" mistaken...unless maybe you really have 'met" him???

---------- Post added March-24th-2011 at 01:41 PM ----------

I can think of one or two of his cohort's but let's not stir that hornets nest up.

ANYONE that can't admit DeMarcus (Be)Ware is one of the all time great DE/OLB's after just six years in the pro's is beyond help IMHO. I still curse Cerrato for taking Carlos fricking Rogers two places above him in '05. IMHO, Ware would excel in ANY system, in ANY era. If the other protagonist in the OP, Brian Orakpo, has half as good a career as DeMarcus Ware, we'll be one very lucky set of fans indeed.

Hail.

you wont be disappointed. Rak has every bit of talent, the work ethic...and now the scheme :) ....and Rak will be a double digit sack man for a while...what you may have to worry about as a Skins fan, is resigning him. Not sure if things will change with Bruce Allen aboard, but in the past, the skins are very good at bringing in talent and not so good at keeping their own.

But the real truth is....he has it! Orakpo has what it takes, and he will be every bit as good....what it does take as well is some luck. To stay healthy, to have a good coaches...etc....but with a little bit of luck added to all that talent and with his work ethic and pride.....and desire to get better. Ya'll are just fine with him manning the outside of that Dline! Sad as it is for me to see him play for the skins and sad as it is for me to say......it is just the facts!

no i never met him. Where did you met him at? I have seen him play and yes I have seen him talking on TV. I'm not at all going to pretend that he is what I see him acting like on TV...im not saying that the NFL is pro wrestling or anything, but if you think thats what Antonio Pierce is like in real life, then you are "probably" mistaken...unless maybe you really have 'met" him???

lol, nope, but the man seriously started a "redskins suck" chant when they were having their super bowl parade. i mean come on, that man doesn't like the redskins.

i'm not saying you are wrong, i'm sure there are many people who do stuff in front of the camera's for the fans, but are you going to tell me that the players from the nfc north teams are just doing it for show? james harrison clotheslined the dude from cleveland (massoqui?), hines ward dislocated some dudes jaw on the bengals, terrel suggs was talking about how hines ward has a target on him, i don't think they like each other.

but as far as the beast, i don't think it's that bad, but i do think there are players who generally don't like a team for more than just their city.

The NFL is a fraternity, these guys are all brothers even if they're on rival teams. This ain't the 70s anymore.

Hope Orakpo can pick up a thing or two.

do you mean like shoulder pads and stuff? i mean if dez bryant doesn't have to as a rookie i don't understand why rak should :)

For my fellow Skins fans who think this is a good idea, consider the next time Rak has a sack and Aikman is broadcasting...

He'll drone on and on about Where teaching him how to sack qbs....:rolleyes:

It's just another way for the puke-propaganda machine to discount talent on other teams and boost it's own image.

Oh, and yes, Where has some talent, but he's benefited greatly by the scheme that FEATURES a blitzing LB on almost every play.

For those who doubt me, unless the pukes have another OLB or interior lineman who's having a career year, Where in NFL 'average'...which still means he's a terrific athlete, but not outstanding.

I still haven't heard one puke fan compare him to Ray Lewis or even Clay Matthews...that's because Where has NEVER dominated a game...certainly not in a PLAYOFF game.

Ever.

Please take the Where myth someplace where the uninformed care...;)

To be fair, the next time Rak sacks an opposing QB, or any time, I'm not going to care who Aikman attributes it to. I could care less what he drones on about, even if its the Cowboys and Ware...as long as the outcome of the play is positive for the Skins.

I do agree that the players should at least pretend that there's a rivalry :doh: That's one thing that the Pats and Jets got right this season, although they weren't pretending. It will get easier/better when the teams themselves are both contenders, I suppose.

For my fellow Skins fans who think this is a good idea, consider the next time Rak has a sack and Aikman is broadcasting...

He'll drone on and on about Where teaching him how to sack qbs....:rolleyes:..

Who cares who he attributes it to? You know what I'll be thinking? "SACK MOTHER ****ERS!!!!!!"

He'll drone on and on about Where teaching him how to sack qbs....:rolleyes:

It's just another way for the puke-propaganda machine to discount talent on other teams and boost it's own image.

Oh, and yes, Where has some talent, but he's benefited greatly by the scheme that FEATURES a blitzing LB on almost every play.

For those who doubt me, unless the pukes have another OLB or interior lineman who's having a career year, Where in NFL 'average'...which still means he's a terrific athlete, but not outstanding.

I still haven't heard one puke fan compare him to Ray Lewis or even Clay Matthews...that's because Where has NEVER dominated a game...certainly not in a PLAYOFF game.

Ever.

Please take the Where myth someplace where the uninformed care...;)

Wait now...wouldn't Where dominating a playoff game REQUIRE the pukes to win...or at least dominate a playoff game? Heck, even get to a playoff game? Weren't they 6-10 last year too?

Another downside to this crappy football ruining free agent era.

Rivalries are basically a thing of the past.

While it may not be what it once was, there's still plenty of rivalry. Jets-Pats, Ravens-Pitt. Basically anyone in your division. The fact is most of these guys identify with their college more than they ever will their NFL team. Some like Rak still identify with their peewee team.

The bigger problem is we're talking about 2 bad teams. Say what you will Cowboys fans, the fact is neither of these teams has been any good since the 90's and 80's. Hopefully that will change soon. I'm not crazy either. I want the Cowboys and Redskins to be good and I want the Redskins to continue to own the Cowboys in the playoffs. That will help this rivalry more than anything.

Wait now...wouldn't Where dominating a playoff game REQUIRE the pukes to win...or at least dominate a playoff game? Heck, even get to a playoff game? Weren't they 6-10 last year too?

Ding!

:ols::ols::ols:

lets not be silly.

2 pro athletes, they will literally work on small technique stuff and some other things like preparation, treating your body right, eating habits, lifting........

its not at all realistic or even possible that Ware could teach Rak something that would harm his "on-field" play or make him worse........

It's not silly in the slightest. Last year Hakeem Nicks and a few of the GIants' OL helped out at the Manning Passing Academy during the offseason. Prior to the game against the Colts this season, Eli talked about how Peyton had pretended to be really nice to the Giants players during the camp in attempt to get any valuable strategic information the Colts could use. Eventually Eli saw what was going on and had to warn his teammates to stop spilling their guts. Although, given how the Colts' DL completely and totally dominated the Giants' OL (it was BY FAR the worst game the OL played all year), I'm not so sure Eli got to them in time.

I really hope Orakpo knows enough to keep his mouth shut. Because I don't need him spotting the Cowboys any free wins next year. But given that he's decided to work with the enemy in their own back yard this offseason, I'm not exactly optimistifc.

TRPB, I guess tr1, myself and others still care more about the rivalry than you.

And rightly or wrongly, Dallas is still the the team we dislike, which borders on hatred in a lot of cases, more than anyone else.

Hail.

"borders on hatred?"

That's it??

I thought you were a fan. ;)

And to keep it OT, I like it.

Not so much Rak working out with Ware, but the fact that he's working his ass off to get better and wants to get to the next level. Better a positive story like this, than reading that he swiped a credit card in some strippers tits, or was involved in a shooting at a club.

What I get from this, is that Rak gets it.

I really hope Orakpo knows enough to keep his mouth shut. Because I don't need him spotting the Cowboys any free wins next year. But given that he's decided to work with the enemy in their own back yard this offseason, I'm not exactly optimistifc.

If we do lose any games to Dallas next year, it won't be because Orakpo and Ware worked out together. I mean with the lockout and all I don't think anyone even has access to any playbooks. I mean what exactly is Orakpo going to say that Ware doesn't already know(or vice versa)?

People clinging to the "rivalries" and "not hanging with the enemy" are living in the past and need to join us in 2011. Hell TO stayed at Shawn Springs would stay at each others houses when the Skins played the Boys.

Archived