Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WalterFootball - 2011 NFL Power Rankings (If there's football in '11)

Champskins

The team isn't good but if we were the worst wouldn't we have the #1 pick in this draft? Also imagine if we played in the NFC West we would have been two games out of making the playoffs! I just can't see a scenario where we are the worst team in the league ... again we are bad but I've seen worse!!
The same team doesn't pick first overall every year. There have been countless examples of "1st pick teams" becoming playoff contenders or significantly better teams like Miami going from 1-15 to 11-5. Also teams get worst from year to year. The rankings are based off what is expected for next season (if there is one).

QB: This team has NO QB.

RB: Injury prone Torain

WR: Mediocre WITH Santana Moss; without him arguably the worst in the league.

OL: C, G and RT are question marks

DL: No solid players here.

LB: Two solid LBs in Orakpo and Fletcher, but the 3-4 requires 2 more.

CB: If Rogers is not re-signed, there is an unknown to who will play opposite D Hall.

K: Poor

The redskins have at least 10-12 needs. With the CBA promblems, the redskins are stuck building the team solely from drafting. A first and second round pick to go along with two 5ths, a 6th, and two 7ths will not come close to filling the needs. Additionally, there are a lot of teams that need a QB before the 10th overall pick so getting a decent QB in this draft may not happen (Panthers, Bills, Bengals, Cardinals, 49ers, Titans).

32...sadly sounds just about right. Other teams have a means to get better while the redskins dont.

But I do dislike that website. Just stupid on every level.

Unfortunately I agree with him about the Skins. Our team is awful, but it's because we have basically turned over the ENTIRE roster in 2 years. Our team is getting younger, but it takes time. Last year Shanny made a mistake trading picks for McNabb and possibly with Brown, but who HONESTLY thought they were bad moves at the time?

Shanny and Allen have positioned our boys well. We have plenty of room to sign quality, free agents along with drafting some strong players as well. This offseason is key for the rebuild if we get the quality younger Free Agents and pick up a few draft pick and have a strong draft class we could be a 500 team next year, but I won't be surprised if we finish in the bottom third of the NFL again.

As far as Dallas is concerned, as long as Romo sits to pee is their QB, they won't go anywhere. If they draft Cam, I'll jump for joy because he has bust written all over him.

There is no ****ing way we only win 3 games or less which is what it takes to come in dead last. Throughout its entire history, this team has only been dead last one time back in the early 60's. That was a 1-12-1 season but it couldn't have been that bad since we got our lone victory in the final week at home against Dallas. We also tied them in Dallas, thereby not losing to the Cowboys despite losing to everyone else.

There is no ****ing way we only win 3 games or less which is what it takes to come in dead last. Throughout its entire history, this team has only been dead last one time back in the early 60's. That was a 1-12-1 season but it couldn't have been that bad since we got our lone victory in the final week at home against Dallas. We also tied them in Dallas, thereby not losing to the Cowboys despite losing to everyone else.

it could happen.... if its not a full season due to the lockout

Wow, another year and another superbowl bote for dallass. Seriously, are we talking football or politics? dallass has just as many questions as we do. The only difference is the media chooses to feast on Jerry Jone's hype. This guy seems like a total douche. I'm so tired of hearing about the Vick stuff. Guess he's just reaching for something to write about

overpaying again? for who? atogwe??? i dont think so. that signing was a bargain. by anybodys standard (except his)

He's like the rest of the media, looking at our free agent signings from 2000-2008 and forming an opinion on that. Everytime we sign a player, the media is going to say we overpaid for them, because historically, that's what we've done. In 2 offseasons, I don't think we've overpaid for one single player (moneywise, not picks) and Allen has shaved nearly 30 million off the cap in the last couple of years.

Were were near the top of MANY power ranking the first half of Zorn's first season here....when are people going to realize that they all mean nothing?

I think most people realize it, it is just something fun to talk about in a dead time in sports. Because they are totally subjective we average fans feel our opinions are every bit as valid as the people making the lists.

Now with that said, I dont see how we can possibly be a contender for worst team in the league. The Bills, Cards, 49ers, Panthers, Browns, Bengals, and Broncos are all objectively in worse positions than us. Also putting Dallas at 1 is absurd when they have consistently underperformed for the last 10 years. This division has belonged to the Eagles since they brought Donovan McNabb and Andy Reid together back in 1999. That isnt going to change now, nor is it going to change in the near future.

Im gonna start my own website call it WebsterFootball , I'll have mock drafts and stuff, also share power rankings with totally invalid information, did i mention the information would absolutely include no facts. I think if I just go from there my site cant fail.

Im gonna start my own website call it WebsterFootball , I'll have mock drafts and stuff, also share power rankings with totally invalid information, did i mention the information would absolutely include no facts. I think if I just go from there my site cant fail.

You're probably right, unfortunately.... false rumors make for good media

his power rankings are pretty harsh to us. a lot of what he said is true, we do have needs almost everywhere. however, there are worse teams. the cowboys love is pretty funny. there oline resembles ours two years ago in that it hasnt been upgraded in forever and will be one of the biggest faults of the team. here are my rankings:

packers

colts

patriots

steelers

eagles

chargers

jets

saints

ravens

falcons

lions

texans

bucs

giants

rams

bears

cowboys

chiefs

redskins

browns

oakland

miami

vikings

panthers

bills

titans

bengals

broncos

jags

seahawks

cardinals

the only thing that is really obvious about doing these rankings is that you know that the teams with a franchise to elite qb (pretty much anyone before us on my list) will be in the running for playoffs or more. as for all the other teams, its kinda random. though i just dont see a mike shanahan coached team being significantly worse than last year or in last place altogether.

his power rankings are pretty harsh to us. a lot of what he said is true, we do have needs almost everywhere. however, there are worse teams. the cowboys love is pretty funny. there oline resembles ours two years ago in that it hasnt been upgraded in forever and will be one of the biggest faults of the team. here are my rankings:

packers

colts

patriots

steelers

eagles

chargers

jets

saints

ravens

falcons

lions

texans

bucs

giants

rams

bears

cowboys

chiefs

redskins

browns

oakland

miami

vikings

panthers

bills

titans

bengals

broncos

jags

seahawks

cardinals

the only thing that is really obvious about doing these rankings is that you know that the teams with a franchise to elite qb (pretty much anyone after the chiefs on my list) will be in the running for playoffs or more. as for all the other teams, its kinda random. though i just dont see a mike shanahan coached team being significantly worse than last year or in last place altogether.

Maybe we aren't dead last but we are one of the last 5 teams in the league.

Safety is no doubt our strongest position on the team. Landry and Orakpo are our best players. Maybe Fletcher but he is getting older by the second. I have to agree to some extent with the claim. I guess the truth hurts.

Hail!

Luck 2012

"Change we can believe in"

It's been said a thousand times, but 32? Even if the Panthers drafted Jesus Christ with the first pick, they'll still be 32 this season, just as they were last season. A team that bad doesn't just get better than even one other team overnight.

---------- Post added March-17th-2011 at 09:57 PM ----------

packers

colts

patriots

steelers

eagles

chargers

jets

saints

ravens

falcons

lions

texans

bucs

giants

rams

bears

cowboys

chiefs

redskins

browns

oakland

miami

vikings

panthers

bills

titans

bengals

broncos

jags

seahawks

cardinals

the only thing that is really obvious about doing these rankings is that you know that the teams with a franchise to elite qb (pretty much anyone after the chiefs on my list) will be in the running for playoffs or more. as for all the other teams, its kinda random. though i just dont see a mike shanahan coached team being significantly worse than last year or in last place altogether.

I agree with almost everything on your list except for 3 things......

1. No way will the Panthers get better than that many teams, regardless of who they pick up.

2. Oakland has improved more steadily than most of the teams in the league. I think it was a mistake to fire Tom Cable, but a new coach might be what they need to improve even further, so they have a chance to go higher on your list.

3. The Eagles typically don't make any big offseason moves, so expect pretty much the exact same team they had last year. That being said, they could easily end up top 3 :puke: if Vick stays healthy and keeps playing like he did this past season. They could also plummet dramatically, since their success pretty much hinges on his success at this point. Andy Reid doesn't like to bench anyone for any reason, so if Vick is stinking it up, it will take a long time before Reid pulls him, and by then it could be too late for them to salvage anything. I think I'd wait to see if Vick shot his wad before I'd be comfortable ranking the Eagles that high just yet. That being said, lets hope Vick future success is more like his first season with the Eagles :fingersx:

Edit: I almost forgot, Colts won't be the second best. I'm a fan of Peyton, but I think his age might finally be catching up with him, and it's definitely catching up with his teammates. It's a bit premature, but I think Peyton's best days are behind him. He's lucky he got his Super Bowl when he did, because he won't get another one.

Archived