Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WalterFootball - 2011 NFL Power Rankings (If there's football in '11)

Champskins

32. redskinsb_logo.gifWashington Redskins (6-10) - Previously: N/A.

The Redskins are the worst team in the NFL. Outside of the tight end and safety positions, the team needs to upgrade every single area. Even kicker, punter and fullback need to be fixed. And yet, Daniel Snyder is still throwing around money like some drunk at a strip joint. Will he ever go an offseason without overpaying a 30-year-old declining player or has-been?

15. giantsb_logo.gifNew York Giants (10-6) - Previously: N/A.

The Giants won the Super Bowl because they were strong on both sides of the line of scrimmage. Now both lines are questionable. That has to be fixed this offseason.

At any rate, I'm glad Tiki Barber is making a comeback. As I wrote on Twitter (@walterfootball):

Tiki Barber has come out of retirement. He apparently missed being a douche in an NFL locker room.

This is much better than Barber being a douche on TV. If he's playing football, we won't have to hear him.

12. eaglesb_logo.gifPhiladelphia Eagles (10-6) - Previously: N/A.

If you're new to this site, I call the person formerly known as Michael Vick "QB Dog Killer." This enraged some people. As an experiment, I wanted to see how people would react if I began calling something else (i.e. Eagles QB No. 7). I received numerous e-mails asking me why I changed his name, including:

I am curious though you may have and probably have already answered this question a zillion times, but why did you stop the QB Dog Killer reference? I found it rather amusing like the rest of your humor on your site, and I just found it odd that you would change that, the only thing I could think of is that somebody representing mike vick contacted you and told you to get rid of it or face some sort of libel charge, but I could be overthinking things and you simply decided that he earned his new designation, although I will miss QB Dog Killer.

QB Dog Killer will live on. And speaking of which, here's another e-mail:

BTW, Mic-- er, QB Dog Killer didn't win any WalterFootball.com NFL Awards? You should have made a new one just for him. Maybe "Most Hyped Player of the Year," or "Best Former Convict of the Year," or "Best Short QB of the Year"?

How about "Best Quarterback Confused by the Blitz on a Random Tuesday Night Game?"

I'm not buying the 2011 Eagles. They have issues on their offensive line and defense, and QB Dog Killer is definitely not nearly as good as some people make him out to be. We all overreacted to that crazy Monday night game against the Redskins. The real QB Dog Killer can't read defenses or recognize the blitz. Once his athletic abilities erode, he'll be nothing more than a sub-par quarterback.

11. cowboysb_logo.gifDallas Cowboys (6-10) - Previously: N/A.

The Cowboys' disastrous 6-10 season might just be the best thing that could have happened to this franchise. Not only did it give Jerry Jones an excuse to fire the bumbling Wade Phillips; they were able to secure the No. 9 pick, which will allow them to add a blue-chip player to their defense.

I'd call Dallas a sleeper, but they're one of the favorites to win the Super Bowl according to Vegas. And rightfully so.

http://www.walterfootball.com/nflpowerrankings.php

Even if we enter the season with freaking Beck at QB there's still a half dozen teams in worse situations.

Walters been hating on us even more now that we signed Atogwe. Cowboys are getting jinxed again and I love it! Hopefully everyone predicts them to be in the top 5 again and SB winners so they will really end up in the bottom 5 from Keith Brookings homo pep talks

---------- Post added March-16th-2011 at 11:27 AM ----------

I also don't understand how they would rate the Cowgirls so damn high after all the talks of them possibly picking Cam Newton. Jerruh loved Cam and had shown interest.... how does that rank you as a top 15 team if you have a QB controversy?

Man, this guy just oozes professional journalism:

"At any rate, I'm glad Tiki Barber is making a comeback. As I wrote on Twitter (@walterfootball):

Tiki Barber has come out of retirement. He apparently missed being a douche in an NFL locker room."

Like, c'mon dude. I get that you're trying to inject humor, but it's hard to do that when you're not funny. The only relatively comical joke in this article is that we are the worst team in the league. Are we bad? Yeah. But, there's no way we are the worst team in the league.

I don't understand why people are complaining? As far as I'm concerned this article is true, we suck. Our fan base are the only people who legitimately believe we are a top 5 football team every year. We have absolutely no WR's, no line, no d line, no QB, no RB who can carry a load, ect. We are hurtin in every position except TE, and Safety.

I don't understand why people are complaining? As far as I'm concerned this article is true, we suck. Our fan base are the only people who legitimately believe we are a top 5 football team every year. We have absolutely no WR's, no line, no d line, no QB, no RB who can carry a load, ect. We are hurtin in every position except TE, and Safety.

I think its more the idea that we are #10 draft pick and the Cowboys are #9..... so how in the world are they ranked 11 and we are 32... doesn't make sense since nothing has really changed this offseason

If the redskins truly are the worst team in the NFL, doesn't this guarantee Luck next year?? (If this football situation is resolved). Just look at it like that. :)

I do think the redskins are poised for a very pathetic season and being 32 would not be a surprise due to the lack of talent on this team.

I think its more the idea that we are #10 draft pick and the Cowboys are #9..... so how in the world are they ranked 11 and we are 32... doesn't make sense since nothing has really changed this offseason

Probably because the Cowboys have talent....thehehe. No really though, the Cowboys suffered from horrendous head coaching. Not saying Garrett is the answer either, but they did sure up that defense with Rob Ryan.

walkterfootball is a plain out idiot.. i respect his draft analyst and everything dealing with the draft, but he lets his personal feelings get infront of the truth.. he hates the redskins.. he wrote that Atogwe was a bad move b4 the contract numbers were released..It's just easy for him to hate on us which is why he does it.. he doesn't watch this team much so he doesnt know that we have capable players just no depth..

Huh? Our Fan base believes we are top 5 in the league every year? Since when? Our Fan base gets excited for every season because you never know how a season will turn out. The fan base doesn't believe we are top 5 or bottom 5 for that matter. Maybe you are the exception.

The team isn't good but if we were the worst wouldn't we have the #1 pick in this draft? Also imagine if we played in the NFC West we would have been two games out of making the playoffs! I just can't see a scenario where we are the worst team in the league ... again we are bad but I've seen worse!!

I don't know any fan who thinks we're a top 5 team, but thinking we're going to be the worst team because we have so many needs ignores what happened last year - when we had the same needs, but we weren't the worst team. Assuming the defence steps up from last year, which it should, I think we'll improve our record. But we're not going to be top 5.

Hm, let's see...just off the top of my head:

Browns, Cardinals, Panthers, at least are worse than us, and probably more.

And how in the world are the Pukes rated higher than the Eagles? That's the worst ranking right there. The Cowboys and the Redskins should both be mid 20s...

Hm, let's see...just off the top of my head:

Browns, Cardinals, Panthers, at least are worse than us, and probably more.

And how in the world are the Pukes rated higher than the Eagles? That's the worst ranking right there. The Cowboys and the Redskins should both be mid 20s...

Broncos are also easily worse IMO, maybe the 49ers and Lions too. And how about the Bengals? They're a trainwreck.We suck for sure, but #32 is a joke.

The Cowboys plummeting to 6-10 makes them a Super Bowl contender. The Redskins improving to 6-10 makes them the worst team in the NFL. I love it. :ols:

I wrote Walter an email about his overwhelming negative reaction to the Atogwe signing last week and he told me that we are idiots for signing Atogwe because it means we could win 5 games instead of 3 now and miss out on the #1 pick for Andrew Luck.

I could dig it.. but no ones wants to see a losing and terrible season, especially since we've endured it for sooooo long

overpaying again? for who? atogwe??? i dont think so. that signing was a bargain. by anybodys standard (except his).

---------- Post added March-16th-2011 at 12:25 PM ----------

I wrote Walter an email about his overwhelming negative reaction to the Atogwe signing last week and he told me that we are idiots for signing Atogwe because it means we could win 5 games instead of 3 now and miss out on the #1 pick for Andrew Luck.

seriously?

Archived