Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

kiper draft 3.0

Reaper 21

That has nothing to do with coke, has to do with you saying that since he took his team to the Sugar Bowl he can make it to the Superbowl.

---------- Post added March-9th-2011 at 09:02 PM ----------

I hear that Mallett spent the weekend before the combine at Charlie Sheen's mansion.

Ahhhh sugar bowl...thought you wrote super bowl.

Everyone hatin on mallet look him up on YouTube check out his highlites. He had almost 4000 yds in a pro style offense vs the sec. Check the videos at least do that foe me I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Personality aside.

Brady also couldn't get off thr bench Just saying he prolly has more tome to study

Everyone hatin on mallet look him up on YouTube check out his highlites. He had almost 4000 yds in a pro style offense vs the sec. Check the videos at least do that foe me I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Personality aside.

Brady also couldn't get off thr bench Just saying he prolly has more tome to study

He started all games his Junior and Senior year, Michigan wen't 20-5 in those years. You say this like Brady didn't put up numbers in college, he definitely did.

im just saying this if ryan mallett last name was manning and you saw him play he would go number 1 overall. just saying coke head and all.

you forget to mention the first two years where he was about to transfer cuz he didnt think he ever get to play cuz of drew henson.?

im just saying this if ryan mallett last name was manning and you saw him play he would go number 1 overall. just saying coke head and all.

you forget to mention the first two years where he was about to transfer cuz he didnt think he ever get to play cuz of drew henson.?

....I can't believe that you're comparing Mallett to Peyton Manning as a prospect.

Mallet is young enough where the way he comes off is mostly due to the people he grew up with and was around. I wouldn't call that a cause for concern. Personally I think Ryan Mallet is the best QB in this draft. Best as in as of right now he is the best at his position throwing the rock. Some people can complain about his windup but he is actually fairly quick with his decision making. What made Jason Campbell so slow was he both had a long windup and was slow with his decision making.

He is also by far the best passer out of the top guys. I wont go as far as to say years down the road he will be the best QB but as of right now he is. He has a good arm in terms of strength but he has great touch on his throws and can seriously put the ball where it needs to be.

With all that said I have no interest in him in the first nor any QB. I actually think Grossman is more then capable and would do better for us this season than any of the top QB prospects. There isn't a single plug and play QB in this draft, if there was I'd say it was Mallet but we don't have the line nor the running game to supplement his weaknesses so I'd much rather stick with grossman who honestly hasn't had much of a shot to truly develop in this league. Believe it or not he only has 34 game starts in his CAREER.. thats not even two full seasons.

Campbell has already had 64 game starts.. wow.

i didnt compare mallet to manning i was saying if he acted like a manning not the attitude and drugs, then he would be the top pick. two different things dude

---------- Post added March-9th-2011 at 09:46 PM ----------

i agree if patrick peterson falls to the cowboys i will puke.

i didnt compare mallet to manning i was saying if he acted like a manning not the attitude and drugs, then he would be the top pick. two different things dude

To act like Manning, meaning no drugs and no attitude, he'd also have to be a hard working player who is a leader of men, and he'd have to possess a sky-high football IQ.

Mallett comes off as the opposite of a Peyton Manning.

And that's not even getting into their attributes as QB prospects football-wise.

Saying "if he was like Manning" is just ridiculous. He's not, in any facet of his game or personality.

He started all games his Junior and Senior year, Michigan wen't 20-5 in those years. You say this like Brady didn't put up numbers in college, he definitely did.

Exactly. So many people have this twisted concept that Brady was a bum at Michigan and it was quite the opposite. Brady was a killer and killed in Bowl Games against top flight comp also.

The more people bash Mallet, the more I think someone may get a steal in round two. No one in this draft can even come close to throwing the ball like he can. That's a fact.

Who knows? Maybe he is a punk who will flame out like Ryan Leaf. And I certainly don't like his lack of mobility in the pocket. I'm not a fan of the guy personally. I just

think it's just weird that every other QB in the draft have people bending over backwards to make excuses for them, while no one is cutting Mallet any slack at all.

A lot of punks grow up.

The biggest knock on him was arm strength. I mean, does this look like a QB to you?

Pretty much the same reasons that Montana fell to the 3rd (and may have fallen further if Walsh didn't have a hunch about him.)

---------- Post added March-9th-2011 at 11:25 PM ----------

The more people bash Mallet, the more I think someone may get a steal in round two. No one in this draft can even come close to throwing the ball like he can. That's a fact.

Who knows? Maybe he is a punk who will flame out like Ryan Leaf. And I certainly don't like his lack of mobility in the pocket. I'm not a fan of the guy personally. I just

think it's just weird that every other QB in the draft have people bending over backwards to make excuses for them, while no one is cutting Mallet any slack at all.

A lot of punks grow up.

What are you talking about dude? We're sports fans. We sit around and judge players, judge their talents, judge their prospects. It's what sports fans do. If you want to be all cute and sensitive go hit a little league game.

EDIT: I read that last line as calling us punks. My bad. And you're right, you never know. But normally, by this point, prospects show some signs of excellence. Other than being able to physically throw a football, I haven't seen much to suggest that Mallet has done that.

I have a big feeling that someone ahead of us is going to do something out of the blue and screw everything up. Every mock i've seen seems to be the same. It just cant be that simple. I mean i know the Raiders aren't there to screw it up, but i find it hard to believe the 49ers and their new O minded coach is going to take a CB with a top WR on the board. Guess my biggest fear is that Jones and Green are gone and Paterson falls to the Cowboys. Id really hate to see that.

When does Mel Kiper get it right? If you look at his Mock Drafts and predictions he is never right on. If you look at history the only sure one he gets right is the first one which everyone gets because by the draft the top team has already picked him. So forget about Mel Kiper's draft board because he is usually wrong anyway.

Archived