Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

S Tom Zbikowski Challenges WR Chad Ochocinco to a Boxing Match

darklight1216

Baltimore safety Tom Zbikowski has already announced that he plans to participate in professional boxing during the NFL's lockout/offseason.

PFT reported earlier today that Zbikowski said that Chad Ochocinco is the NFL player he would most like to face in a boxing ring. The Ravens defensive back claimed he would knock #85 out in 45 seconds.

“Ochocinco talks like he can box,” Zbikowski said.

“I’d let it go for about 45 seconds,” Zbikowski said. “I’d let him know what a real jab feels like.”

Ochocinco responded on Twitter: @tommyzbikowski you wana go nite nite, you want to box me, for 1 your feet are to slow and you've no hand speed to even be competitive #smh http://twitter.com/o...13022010687488#

According to PFT:

Zbikowski didn’t hesitate, posting the following challenge on his Facebook page: “Dear Ocho Cinco . . . thanks for following my career . . . You and me at M&T Bank Stadium, charity four-round boxing match. You wear Orange and Black and I will wear Purple and black. If we do it in May, that should give you enough time to get ready . . . You game?”

http://profootballta...d-boxing-match/

Who you got?

Zbikowski would knock now Chad Johnson out cold, and I would love to see it happen. If Johnson wants to run his mouth, then step up and get inside the ring and walk the walk, and we'll see if Zbikowski is too slow to knock out Johnson.

I think this is great stuff, in a possible lock-out off-season.

And I'll take Tom every time.

We're talking strictly boxing right? I'll take Tommy Z over every single player in the NFL. Who else has his pedigree or background in the sport?

We're talking strictly boxing right? I'll take Tommy Z over every single player in the NFL. Who else has his pedigree or background in the sport?

Exactly, strictly boxing. He'd KILL Ocho. I hope it happens.

I also think this is great, rivalry-wise, for the NFL and specifically the Ravens/Bengals.

Oh wow apparently Zbikowski has a fight this weekend....he may be the one looking stupid if he gets knocked out

Maybe. But getting knocked out by a fighter is different than getting knocked out by Ochocinco.

Not impressed. A trained Pro Boxer/ NFL Safety calling out a NFL WR to a boxing match. Why doesn't Sbikowski call out Clay Matthews to a MMA fight?

He was asked who he wanted to fight so he picked a guy in his division he has to help cover twice a year and someone who talks smack *constantly*. Why would he call out Clay Matthews...who plays defense also....in a different conference....in a sport he doesn't know and isn't being interviewed about? =p

I mean it just seems like Sbikowski was joking around about someone that is probably annoying to him and the guy replies back like he thinks he really could beat him? So Sbikowski asks him to go 4 rounds for charity....nothing wrong with that. :)

He should challenge James Harrison, Lamarr Woodley, even Ryan Clark. The Bengals sucked this past year...for charity everyone in Pittsburgh and Baltimore would be at a fight like that...Bart Scott is out here wrestling too so he may step up to the challenge

Zbikowski would knock now Chad Johnson out cold, and I would love to see it happen. If Johnson wants to run his mouth, then step up and get inside the ring and walk the walk, and we'll see if Zbikowski is too slow to knock out Johnson.

This. And this I would PAY to see. Someone needs to shut this clown up, for once.

---------- Post added March-8th-2011 at 01:46 AM ----------

Did anyone see Michael Westbrook beat up that bully on that MTV show? That's about how a boxing match would go between these two. Only much quicker. Dear Chad, STFU. You are about to write a check your ass can't cash.

---------- Post added March-8th-2011 at 01:47 AM ----------

There's a guy on, I think, the Vikings that has stated he wants to take up boxing, too. Forget the guy's name.

Not impressed. A trained Pro Boxer/ NFL Safety calling out a NFL WR to a boxing match. Why doesn't Sbikowski call out Clay Matthews to a MMA fight?

Why? Read unforgiven's response below, on point!

He was asked who he wanted to fight so he picked a guy in his division he has to help cover twice a year and someone who talks smack *constantly*. Why would he call out Clay Matthews...who plays defense also....in a different conference....in a sport he doesn't know and isn't being interviewed about? =p

I mean it just seems like Sbikowski was joking around about someone that is probably annoying to him and the guy replies back like he thinks he really could beat him? So Sbikowski asks him to go 4 rounds for charity....nothing wrong with that. :)

This, the entire thing, is correct.

He should challenge James Harrison, Lamarr Woodley, even Ryan Clark. The Bengals sucked this past year...for charity everyone in Pittsburgh and Baltimore would be at a fight like that...Bart Scott is out here wrestling too so he may step up to the challenge

Why? Ryan Clark maybe, but Ryan Clark is a quiet guy who doesn't run his mouth. You don't see the appeal of a safety and receiver from the same division having a 4 round boxing match, especially when that receiver is ochocinco and has been running his mouth for years? You do realize that tommy z is a safety right? Those guys you are listing besides clark all outweigh him by a good 50 lbs. or so, little bit of a weight difference there...plus they didn't say they could beat him, ochocince did.

This. And this I would PAY to see. Someone needs to shut this clown up, for once.

---------- Post added March-8th-2011 at 01:46 AM ----------

Did anyone see Michael Westbrook beat up that bully on that MTV show? That's about how a boxing match would go between these two. Only much quicker. Dear Chad, STFU. You are about to write a check your ass can't cash.

I usually make it a point to disagree with whatever you post, lol, but this is on the money. I don't dislike ochocince....but someone needs to punch him in the mouth, haha. I did see the michael westbrook fight on bully beatdown, it was epic. I don't think ochocinco would get quite as clowned because it's not an mma fight and he can literally run away if he wants, but he'd look really stupid if he did.

Why? Read unforgiven's response below, on point!

[\quote]

Its like Dale Earnhardt Jr challenging you to a race. How about Jr challenges you to something were things are equal?

Tom would whoop Ocho in boxing. Tom is also supposed to do that as he is trained that way.

Notice Chad challenges runners to a race as the field is near equal?

I'm not impressed when a guy challenges someone to an event where the challenger is far superior at its craft than his challengee.

Hopefully it happens for charity. Though, I still wouldnt be impressed.

would love to see this happen... chad made a huge deal out of him training at a boxing gym to prepare for last season, saying he could fight pro he got so good, blah, blah, blah, and he's been saying if there is a lockout, he'd look at a pro fight (meanwhile, all he has done is hit mitts and trained with some pros who go 20% on him)... would love to see him actually believe his own hype and fight tommy... 45 seconds is generous...

Archived