Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jaguars release WR Mike Sims-Walker. Now a UFA until late Thursday. (EDIT: TIMES UP)

Oldskool

Best Safety tandem in the NFL  

326 members have voted

1. 1. Best Safety tandem in the NFL

• Redskins: Atogwe/L. Landry
    • Ravens: Reed/D. Landry
    • Steelers: Clark/Polamalu
    • Other (name your own)

Mike Sims-Walker - WR - Jaguars

Free agent Mike Sims-Walker suggested on his Twitter account Thursday night that he won't be re-signing with the Jaguars.

"Its official ... Sorry to say my time is up," tweeted Sims-Walker, who has been told the team is moving on without him. Sims-Walker fell out of favor with the coaching staff in 2010, and it was widely believed all along that the Jags would let him walk. He falls into the second tier of free agent receivers as a talented but extremely brittle playmaker. Barring an impact addition, Hill will have sleeper value in deeper leagues as a starter Jacksonville.

Related: Jason Hill

Source: Mike Sims-Walker on Twitter

Mar 3, 9:49 PM

His NFL profile: http://www.nfl.com/players/mikesims-walker/profile?id=WAL281506

6'2" 214lbs. 26 years old.

He was a beast the year before last, this past season he was inconsistent and injured. He's a very good player who with the right coach could really turn into something special. He was all the Jags had in 09. '10 Lewis broke out and I forget the other WR's name, but he came on strong for them as well and it seemed Sims-Walker was no longer their main target.

He's def worth a look, but a modest incentive laden contract if we do want him.

He was a beast the year before last, this past season he was inconsistent and injured. He's a very good player who with the right coach could really turn into something special. He was all the Jags had in 09. '10 Lewis broke out and I forget the other WR's name, but he came on strong for them as well and it seemed Sims-Walker was no longer their main target.

He's def worth a look, but a modest incentive laden contract if we do want him.

Mike Thomas

I'm a little surprised because he's played well whenever I've gotten a chance to watch him. I'd much prefer him to Jacoby/James Jones (too many drops), would probably be cheaper than Rice, and still relatively young. I think he, Armstrong, Moss and Kelly (assuming he stays healthy) could be a nice little receiving group. Would let us address the trenches and defensive front seven, or QB if the FO deems it necessary. I would wager they wouldn't be too costly either. Just some thoughts.

i dont really understand how WRs are used in our system.. but id rather Draft Julio slap Moss down in the slot and let Armstrong and Kelly dominate on the other side..

Let me Mos go

Draft Julio and pair him with Kelly and put Armstrong in the slot. If this Sims-Walker is worth it maybe you bring him in as insurance for Kelly's knees. Jones, Kelly, Armstrong, Sims-Walker, Banks ?

Instead of drafting Julio, we can sign Sims-Walker and reach for an offensive linemen at #10. The OL will probably bust but we will be in the same place as if we had drafted Jones anyway......the offense won't get any better.

None of this matters until we fix the o-line and get the QB position figured out. Until this happens the team will be dealing with the same offensive issues haunting it for the better part of the last 10 years. Upgrading WRs doesn't accomplish anything.

Let me Mos go

Draft Julio and pair him with Kelly and put Armstrong in the slot. If this Sims-Walker is worth it maybe you bring him in as insurance for Kelly's knees. Jones, Kelly, Armstrong, Sims-Walker, Banks ?

moss is much better slot than armstrong will be.. Armstrong needs to stay opposite the number 1 guy.

Instead of drafting Julio, we can sign Sims-Walker and reach for an offensive linemen at #10. The OL will probably bust but we will be in the same place as if we had drafted Jones anyway......the offense won't get any better.

None of this matters until we fix the o-line and get the QB position figured out. Until this happens the team will be dealing with the same offensive issues haunting it for the better part of the last 10 years. Upgrading WRs doesn't accomplish anything.

So we should just hold off on picking up quality FAs because we don't have a QB or OL at this moment? What about signing him, drafting a QB and OL? If we wait till after the draft, he might not be there.

Sims walker is way better than all of our receivers including my boy Armstrong

Moss IMO will not be back.

Kelly prolly will get the boot when they find out he actually isn't any good

Austin and banks are special teams guys not great wr or even average wr yet but I will wait n see

Ride has a first round tender on him so that isn't going to happen

Both jones I would be ok with but not likely leaving IMO

As for Julio I would be ok with as well but rather go oline

Austin and banks are special teams guys not great wr or even average wr yet but I will wait n see

Rice has a first round tender, but it may not be applicable if/when a new CBA is reached. Under the old system, Rice would be a UFA with 4 years of service...thus free for the taking at no cost. Our recent 2nd round tender of Chris Wilson is the same.

I tend to agree, I think we need to go O-line again. If I look at the starting 5 from last year, the only one that I really want back as a starter is Trent Williams. I think Rabach is done, Hicks is better served as a backup and I'm still not sold on Lichtensteiger. I'm not even sure if we want to resign Jammal Brown...he was nothing close to what he was before his injury in New Orleans and it showed, he could only crack as a rotational guy at RT with Stephon Heyer.

This is just my take, but Moss is coming back. I think everyone else knows this two. We haven't seen one SHRED from the rumor mill that any team is interested in him. And that's not because they aren't. People know he's getting re-signed. Not to mention that you don't get rid of a solid receiver when you've got next to nothing behind him and the only person two people you would consider drafting to fill the void might be off the board when you pick. Not to mention that we have other pressing needs to draft for. Moss is staying, even if it is because of strategical reasons.

So we should just hold off on picking up quality FAs because we don't have a QB or OL at this moment? What about signing him, drafting a QB and OL? If we wait till after the draft, he might not be there.

Not against signing. My comment was directed at drafting Jones but the same logic applies to picking up MSW. Ultiamtely, I'd be happy with the scenario you just proposed and I think the team would be better off (the same would be true for draftig Jones if qualify upgrades to the OL were found in FA).

Its fine to upgarde the position but the results won't change until QB/OL issues are rectified.

This is just my take, but Moss is coming back. I think everyone else knows this two. We haven't seen one SHRED from the rumor mill that any team is interested in him. And that's not because they aren't. People know he's getting re-signed. Not to mention that you don't get rid of a solid receiver when you've got next to nothing behind him and the only person two people you would consider drafting to fill the void might be off the board when you pick. Not to mention that we have other pressing needs to draft for. Moss is staying, even if it is because of strategical reasons.

Moss will come back when a CBA is in place. Book it.

7 TDs each of the past two seasons, good for ~50 catches and ~600 yards? I'll take it.

Well we had 3 guys over 800 last year already. I'm thinkin this would have to bump AA out a little bit, and he could be good next year. Meh, I doubt they go for him.

Archived