Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

THE official Carolina will take Cam Newton #1 / What happens to Jimmy Clausen thread.

Oldskool

They won't release him, but I'm sure they'd listen to offers. Maybe our 3rd or a 4th? What do you guys think?

The thing I like about Clausen is his Pedigree. Also, I liked that a couple of years back on ESPN, they did a special on him that he's been studying film and going to camps since he was like 13 or something.

It's clear no one believes in this kid. He was a "Top First round Talent" and slid to the second round watching QB needy teams just pick others. Then.... He makes the roster (as a backup), gets the chance to start due to circumstances, and yet they still don't believe in the guy..... Does that tell you anything that maybe the scouts and coaches are better evaluators then us, perhaps?

Does that tell you anything that maybe the scouts and coaches are better evaluators then us, perhaps?

If that were true, the draft wouldn't have as many busts as it still does. Scouts and coaches are still human (especially if they work for the Raiders).

You guys busting on Clausen obviously don't know anything about the situation in Carolina last year. The guy was basically thrown to the wolves there. He never had a real chance to succeed. Fox was a lameduck coach. Steve Smith was a pain in the ass. Clausen wasn't ready to play last year. Fox was probably "instructed" to play him. Plus the guy had no WR's to throw to. Smith is a shell of himself. And when he was playing, he was getting double-teamed. And they had no other options.

Not saying the guy is a good QB, or even that he will end up being good. However, I wouldn't base any opinion of the guy on last year. Take it from someone that has alot of insight on the Panthers organization.

You guys busting on Clausen obviously don't know anything about the situation in Carolina last year. The guy was basically thrown to the wolves there. He never had a real chance to succeed. Fox was a lameduck coach. Steve Smith was a pain in the ass. Clausen wasn't ready to play last year. Fox was probably "instructed" to play him. Plus the guy had no WR's to throw to. Smith is a shell of himself. And when he was playing, he was getting double-teamed. And they had no other options.

Not saying the guy is a good QB, or even that he will end up being good. However, I wouldn't base any opinion of the guy on last year. Take it from someone that has alot of insight on the Panthers organization.

Yeah I'm not a big fan of Clausen but he was in a no win position last year. He was played too early and every time I watched himmplay was getting killed back there. Aaron Rodgers looked really really bad his first year in preseason - had he been forced to play that year his career could have looked a lot different. That said I read his attitude did not endear him to his teammates in Carolina.

For Clausen to have any chance he needs to be with a stable franchise with an established QB where he can sit and learn for a couple of years. That's not Washington though.

I said Clausen was over rated last year when Mel Kiper had us picking him in 1st round and still feel the same now and he proved me right..OVER RATED ND QB...no good...dont want him...never will....bye bye

Only a fool thinks anything has been "proven" at this point - plenty of QBs struggle in their first year on really bad teams. There's a reason the Chargers went looking for a replacement for Drew Brees after a few years, but he worked out.

Typical Notre Dame Fan....He was no good in college so what makes you think he will be good in the NFL.If he doesnt have Tate to throw to make him look any good at all he never would have even been drafted.So why would we want him when Beck or even SEXY REXY(lol) is better then he is.

It's clear no one believes in this kid. He was a "Top First round Talent" and slid to the second round watching QB needy teams just pick others. Then.... He makes the roster (as a backup), gets the chance to start due to circumstances, and yet they still don't believe in the guy..... Does that tell you anything that maybe the scouts and coaches are better evaluators then us, perhaps?

To be fair, the coach mailed it in last year, he had absolutely no help, and of course the new regime is going to want to hand-pick their own guy. He's probably better than Beck or Grossman but the team already has Beck under contract and won't have to give anything up to retain Grossman. For a team that will likely draft its QB of the future next season, acquiring Clausen doesn't make much sense.

Having watched every game of his college career, i assure you JC will be a major improvement in the passing game over Mcnabb. JC with time and proper development, will show a lot of people his true skills. I hope we can unload haynesworth as well.

Having watched every game of his college career, i assure you JC will be a major improvement in the passing game over Mcnabb. JC with time and proper development, will show a lot of people his true skills. I hope we can unload haynesworth as well.

I would love to see a trade sending Haynesworth to Carolina for Jimmy C.

Even if JC only ends up as a back up, we get rid of AH, and at least get someone who wants to play the game.

Archived