Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011 NFL Combine Official thread

killerbee99

Funny you are saying that about Gurley, reading twitter he's been using his body a lot to catch the ball which is not good for me IMO. It's a pet peeve of mine, yes you have ones you catch with your body here and there but when a guy is mentioning it, it does become concerning

I agree with you...that's why he will go in the latter rounds. I just hope we take a flyer on him.

Praising his footwork??? Are you sure you're watching the same thing as the rest of us? His footwork needs MAJOR improvement...don't just disagree with someone for ****s and giggles. Give me something other than someone else's viewpoint to sway me in your direction.

Update:@11:03

I thought Jake Locker threw the ball extremely well

Sterling Sharpe agreed.

BTW-I'm not trying to sway I'm responding to your false statement, if you knew what you're looking at you wouldn't need to be swayed and if you want to check out my assessment just look for the Closer look at Jake Locker thread.

Update:@11:03

Sterling Sharpe agreed.

BTW-I'm not trying to sway I'm responding to your false statement, if you knew what you're looking at you wouldn't need to be swayed and if you want to check out my assessment just look for the Closer look at Jake Locker thread.

Look, if you want to argue...its not gonna happen. I happen to agree that he threw well today, but i believe his major weakness is in his footwork.

Cheers

I know its gonna be hard for you to hear that, you have the guy in your sig. Locker threw the ball well today...but if he had great footwork as they seem to claim, he would go #1 to Carolina. Sharpe said J Jones wouldn't go in the 1st round, for christ's sake.

I'm not saying he isn't a good/great prospect, but you can agree with me that his footwork needs ALOT of help. Other than that, he has all the tools to be great in our system.

I think I can be objective about QBs despite my sig.

And lets not forget I didn't say that Locker's footwork didn't need work.

Many of the prospects footwork need work.

I was responding to your false statement that Locker's footwork was terrible.

Which I pointed was in direct opposition of what I saw and what the Mayock and Sharpe saw and said.

But, I can see from the bolded/highlighted portion of your statement you've changed your stance from terrible.

Look, if you want to argue...its not gonna happen. I happen to agree that he threw well today, but i believe his major weakness is in his footwork.

Cheers

No you're right, if he didn't have bad footwork he wouldn't have that accuracy problem and probably be a top of the QB list this season. Its a shame because he has other intangibles that are being whiffed over because of that flaw.

I'm intrigued by Lockers upside. He has all the physical tools to become a productive NFL quarterback. However, it is no secret that he willl be a project behind center. If Locker is still available at our spot in the second round, I would pull the trigger in a heartbeat. After today though, I could see him going mid to late first round.

No you're right, if he didn't have bad footwork he wouldn't have that accuracy problem and probably be a top of the QB list this season. Its a shame because he has other intangibles that are being whiffed over because of that flaw.

That's all I was trying to say. I used a poor choice in words with "terrible"....how bout less than stellar??? hahaha, i actually think he is the best fit for our offense in this year's QB class.

Casserly brought up Brady Quinn as a guy that had accuracy issues and never improved. He also says that you're not going to get much improvement in that area after a transition to the pro's. Locker is frustrating. I'd be fine with taking him in round 2, would not touch him with 10.

Exactly can't teach accuracy..and QUinn was a weak armed *****

Another thing about Locker is that the accuracy issues (which arent that bad to begin with, its just not quite where it needs to be) is they disappear when he rolls out. His footwork naturally corrects itself when he's on the move. It would make a lot of sense to use roll outs off play action, where he can throw or run, since he is such a good runner. Meanwhile, continue working on his footwork which will improve because now he doesnt play baseball (which is where a lot of the overstride came from according to Mayock). If Locker is still there in the 20's I would trade up with our 2nd to get him before Seattle.

Cheers

I'm sorry if I came across as argumentative but I just happened to disagree w/ your initial statement and was supporting my reason for doing so.

Cheers!

5284491422_d1094fbff3_t.jpg

Another thing about Locker is that the accuracy issues (which arent that bad to begin with, its just not quite where it needs to be) is they disappear when he rolls out. His footwork naturally corrects itself when he's on the move. It would make a lot of sense to use roll outs off play action, where he can throw or run, since he is such a good runner. Meanwhile, continue working on his footwork which will improve because now he doesnt play baseball (which is where a lot of the overstride came from according to Mayock). If Locker is still there in the 20's I would trade up with our 2nd to get him before Seattle.

He's never thrown for over 58% during a season.... That's pretty bad.

Archived