Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011 NFL Combine Official thread

killerbee99

sdutChargers S.D. U-T Chargers

Just talked with UCLA safety Rahim Moore. As impressive a talker as he is a safety. Can play both spots and maybe in the slot.

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

He's a guy I'd take in a trade down in the 2nd round. Would be a very good FS, only knock that I've seen is some question his hitting. Now to be fair I haven't watched a lot of him so my judgement isn't the best but as a FS prospect a good one in a weak class

LOL! Yeah, that guy is serious too. I haven't seen him crack a smile yet. He's focused. I like his competitiveness.

I tell you what as a pure WR prospect, he's a great one and one that in the 1st I take every single time without question if Gabbert isn't on the board. Love Quinn as well its tough between those 3 if they all are there at #10 we'd have a tough choice to make

MockingTheDraft MockingTheDraft

Veteran NFL players told Fairley he has to work on his technique.

2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

---------- Post added February-27th-2011 at 09:45 AM ----------

Titus Young - WR - Player

Boise State WR Titus Young posted unofficial 40-yard dash times of 4.43 and 4.44 at the NFL Combine on Sunday.

Times nowhere near the 4.2s he predicted he'd run. Young is clearly one of the quicker players in this year's crop of receivers, but he didn't vault himself into the first-round conversation today like he could have. He needs to run in the 4.3s at his Pro Day if he wants to keep getting labeled as the next DeSean Jackson.

Greg Little - WR - Player

According to SI's Tony Pauline, North Carolina WR Greg Little has hurt his draft stock at the Combine by being "less than honest" in team interviews.

"And that's putting it nicely," writes Pauline. Another report suggested Little could fall out of the draft altogether. A former running back, Little is considered one of the draft's better run-after-catch wideouts. If he can get his head on straight, it might not be crazy to make Bucs WR Mike Williams comparisons. Williams dealt with similar character concerns last April.

---------- Post added February-27th-2011 at 09:48 AM ----------

MockingTheDraft MockingTheDraft

Ras-I Dowling is impressive physically.

Measured at 6'2, 198

2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

»

---------- Post added February-27th-2011 at 09:49 AM ----------

Russellmania09 Chris Russell

On first throw by Cam, over shoulder he was completely off directions. Next one I saw him throw, he was dead on accuracy wise, flat footed..

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

---------- Post added February-27th-2011 at 09:50 AM ----------

Jonathan Baldwin - WR - Player

Pittsburgh WR Jonathan Baldwin posted an impressive 42-inch vertical leap at the NFL Combine on Sunday, but ran a slower than expected 40-yard dash, registering an unofficial time of 4.52.

At 6-foot-4, 228 pounds Baldwin has excellent size, but he needed to post a better 40-time today to turn himself into a bonafide round-one sleeper. Dogged by character questions on and off the field, his Pro Day will be especially critical in solidifying his draft stock.

---------- Post added February-27th-2011 at 09:51 AM ----------

Ryan Mallett - QB - Player

Arkansas QB Ryan Mallett put on a show during throwing drills at the NFL Combine on Sunday.

He was supremely accurate, and lofted deep balls with almost frightening ease. However, that's what he was expected to do. Cam Newton included, Mallett has more to prove behind the scenes than any other player at the Combine.

Feb 27, 11:00 AM

http://www.hogshaven.com/2011/2/27/2018504/day-4-notes-from-combine-qb-wr-drills

Ryan Mallett by far was the best QB in the drills. All the drills were routes: 2,4,1,3,8,9. The QBs were very inconsistent as a whole, but Mallett was throwing the ball with zip and accuracy. A lot of the QBs were floating their passes on the 9 route.

When he sets his feet Mallett throws a really pretty ball and has touch as well as a cannon. He is accurate as well.

However too often he gets lazy and throws off his back foot or without setting and getting his shoulders square, then he has balls sail on him. He is also very slow to get to his drop and even slower if he has to move. Think Drew Bledsoe but slightly less athletic .....

Then there is all the off field and questions about his intelligence and work ethic. I would pass personally even high in the second round (not that I think he will fall quite that far).

Jazz Rodriquez...how fast can he be with does short legs? He plays fast, gess he is a mid 4.3 low 4.4 guy

The kid is sick (trust me ive seen him too many times against USC). His issue is that with his frame he's going to be a 3rd down back/ST only player in the NFL/

The kid is sick (trust me ive seen him too many times against USC). His issue is that with his frame he's going to be a 3rd down back/ST only player in the NFL/

If we're looking for one of those shifty backs later in the mid rounds, then Kendall Hunter is the guy to watch. Very shifty RB and showed he can be a very good pass protector and would be a very good compliment to Torain

I think I got his pro and high school careers mixed up. I thought I mayock say that gabbert played in a pro offense since high school, but I guess i misheard.

No he played in a Pro system IN High School. Pure Shotgun spread in College, but one which featured his arm rather than legs and in which he made NFL type stick throws.

While I've seen those I've also seen this

@OmarKelly: No matter how impressive Arkansas' Ryan Mallett looks doing his combine drills, keep in mind he's not on some team's NFL draft boards.”

Mallett's entire NFL career depends on individual interviews with teams that still have him on their boards come a few weeks before the draft. He and Newton fall in the same category: do they have the grey matter and the dedication to be worth the draft pick.

How do ya'll feel about drafting Tyrod Taylor?

Nothing special IMO.

------------------

Tyrod Taylor - QB - Player

Virginia Tech QB Tyrod Taylor posted an unofficial time of 4.45 in the 40-yard dash at the NFL Combine on Sunday, the fastest by any quarterback.

Taylor has been adamant that he does not want to switch positions, but with a 40-time like that, teams won't stop trying to convince him to. As a quarterback, he's nothing more than a day-three pick.

Feb 27, 12:44 PM

Archived