Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011 NFL Combine Official thread

killerbee99

I think wether or not a QB sees the field is as much about their team as it is about the QB.

But I think Locker or Gabbert might be able to start by mid-season or wait until next year we don't know, heck they might be able to start for game 1.

Gabbert is already a very rhythmic passer when he's well protected and his reads are clear; so that's a huge plus in making the transition.

Locker has 2 years experience running a pro-style offense and is used to playing in chaos so that's a plus for his transition.

I think wether or not a QB sees the field is as much about the team as it is about the QB.

Both Locker or Gabbert might be able to start by mid-season or wait until next year, heck they might be able to start for game 1.

Gabbert is already a very rhythmic passer so that's a huge plus in making the transition.

Locker has experience in a pro-style offense so that's a plus for his transition.

Locker only has one year in the pro system, so I wouldn't say he's that experienced. Gabbert is the QB in the draft with the most pro system experience

Disagree you have 2 elite prospects in Green and Jones who are miles ahead of everyone else IMO. Then you have guys like Torrey Smith and Jonathan Baldwin who are gifted athletes as well and could be a dynamic player for a team. This is a good year for WR's

Ive read twitter reports late last week that stated that AJ Green came into the weigh in with a "soft body". If true that's a huge negative for a skill player in my book. That speaks to lack of preparation and dedication.

Locker only has one year in the pro system, so I wouldn't say he's that experienced. Gabbert is the QB in the draft with the most pro system experience

Actually you're incorrect Locker has played 2 seasonsin a pro-style offense under Stever Sarkisian.

Gabbert has no experience in a pro-style offense in college.

But he also has been very interesting this year with the QB's. I look at his stuff normally, but with how he's been with some ratings its been hard to read him

It's your judgement against his and I take his. Bottom line. You, random board message board guy, disagreeing with him doesn't diminish his judgements in the least.

But he also has been very interesting this year with the QB's. I look at his stuff normally, but with how he's been with some ratings its been hard to read him

Wes is all over the place. Just like Steve said he did'nt even know who Gabbert was till after the bowl game lmfao but he watches alot of tape.

I've watched Torrey Smith more then Bunting i'd bet my life.

It's your judgement against his and I take his. Bottom line. You, random board message board guy, disagreeing with him doesn't diminish his judgements in the least.

No I understand your point, but at the same time he's been rating QB's way lower than other guys that's whats been weird about him. I trust his opinions on a lot of prospects because honestly what he's seeing I'm seeing as well, but at the same time its just been odd

I'm not trying to take down Bunting, the man has a job and is a well known person, I'm just an 18 year old in college, that doesn't mean I can't disagree with him and his decisions

He is a random message board guy do you think he has access to some special tape that we don't?

Everybody has a opinion but some of the stuff he says sometimes makes you think did he even watch this kid play.

Wes is all over the place. Just like Steve said he did'nt even know who Gabbert was till after the bowl game lmfao but he watches alot of tape.

I've watched Torrey Smith more then Bunting i'd bet my life.

Who cares what Steve says. Steve is another message board guy who fancies himself a scout. Bottom line is you guys only have access to the broadcast footage. You can only tell so much from that. Wes has access to not only the endzone views, but also gets to talk to guys around the NFL and College to form his opinions.

I think I got his pro and high school careers mixed up. I thought I mayock say that gabbert played in a pro offense since high school, but I guess i misheard.

Gabbert throughout HS was in a pro style offense but went to Mizzou and went to a straight shotgun spread. Locker was 2 years pro style and then this year they moved more to the spread offense

Who gives a **** how fast a QB runs a 40?! Run through the top 10 QBs in the NFL right now, what were their 40 times?

Mentally I've had Alshon, AJ, and Juilio in that order as the top WRs in the nation, given the performance by Juilio at the combine I might need to rethink that. Bama was such a run orientated offense. I could be happy with Julio at 10. We have so many holes, our WRs just plain suck.

Rodney Hudson in the second is the only pick I'm dead set on.

Who cares what Steve says. Steve is another message board guy who fancies himself a scout. Bottom line is you guys only have access to the broadcast footage. You can only tell so much from that. Wes has access to not only the endzone views, but also gets to talk to guys around the NFL and College to form his opinions.

You have know idea what I have access to or Bunting for that matter lets just say getting endzone view of every play does'nt happen for any scout. Did Bunting even play the game or is he just like that nerdy hack Rob Rang who when he started out did'nt no jack shiz about football. We used to laugh at the guy back in the late 90's but he kissed the right backs to get on at CBS.

Archived