Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011 NFL Combine Official thread

killerbee99

So which QBs do all of you like the most today for OUR system?

Well from what I've been reading Locker looked very good today even AJ Green liked how Locker was. If we traded down and then took him I have no complaints.

Also its tough to tell because Gabbert didn't throw and also with Ponder he's looked very well but doesn't have the biggest arm

So which QBs do all of you like the most today for OUR system?

Mallett, Gabbert and Locker seem to me to be the only three that fit the Shanahan's downfield version of the WCO.

Not liking Newton at all. Ponder is more a traditional WCO QB. Dalton is intriguing, but I'd need to see more out of him. Tyrod Taylor needs to switch positions.

Mallett, Gabbert and Locker seem to me to be the only three that fit the Shanahan's downfield version of the WCO.

Not liking Newton at all. Ponder is more a traditional WCO QB. Dalton is intriguing, but I'd need to see more out of him. Tyrod Taylor needs to switch positions.

For what we run though Mallett doesn't fit it. He's not the fastest guy and in a pocket alone he's a great thrower but on the run and having to reset himself is when he struggles

ponder is athletic has a strong arm can run bootlegs and roll out of the pocket perfectly which means you got to be able to throw on the run which he can. unless gabbert or newton are there trade back get extra picks and make sure ponder is one of them!

Ponder doesn't have a strong arm. A lot of his deep throws are not strong throws compared to Gabbert or Newton and Mallett. Not saying Ponder is a bad QB because that's not what I'm getting at, but with our offense that does a lot of downfield passing we need a bigger armed guy

For what we run though Mallett doesn't fit it. He's not the fastest guy and in a pocket alone he's a great thrower but on the run and having to reset himself is when he struggles

That can easily be coached up. The accuracy and the ability to throw downfield is the most important part of his skillset that meshes with this offense.

---------- Post added February-27th-2011 at 10:24 AM ----------

AlbertBreer Albert Breer

by nflnetwork

Cam Newton seems to be struggling a bit with his accuracy.

3 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

I think he fits the offense Dukes its just we don't have the type of o-line and running game he will need to thrive atleast not yet. I almost think Mallett might be getting underrated by alot of people. Sure he has trouble when forced to move but alot of it is just trusting his arm to much throwing off balance he needs good coaching and learn to just throw it away.

Also Kyle's version has alot less rollouts then Shanny ran in denver.

If Mallet fell to rd2 i'd pick him in a heartbeat.

I think he fits the offense Dukes its just we don't have the type of o-line and running game he will need to thrive atleast not yet. I almost think Mallett might be getting underrated by alot of people. Sure he has trouble when forced to move but alot of it is just trusting his arm to much throwing off balance he needs good coaching and learn to just throw it away.

Also Kyle's version has alot less rollouts then Shanny ran in denver.

I think though Samuels watching the O the last few weeks, we were using more rollouts and trying to blend Kyle and Mike's schemes thats where I'm concerned about him. Not saying Mallett is bad because the guy can throw a football there is no question, but I just don't see him as a fit here

Well from what I've been reading Locker looked very good today even AJ Green liked how Locker was. If we traded down and then took him I have no complaints.

Also its tough to tell because Gabbert didn't throw and also with Ponder he's looked very well but doesn't have the biggest arm

With our vert passing game, it looks like Locker is the best fit for us from those throwing today.

Not impressed with the Ponder/taylor/Newton group. Ponder would be good in a pure WCO but perhaps not our vert WCO.

of you watch fsu play they throw the ball a lot down field he is more than capable trust me and he is a gamer. he makes plays happen with his leg and arms he has a lot of tools that need sharpening and thats what shanny does qb's. if people want to take locker on potential then go with a guy like ponder he is being overlooked if he gets a good qb coach the sky is the limit for him.

I love everythign about Locker but his accuracy and that asset is the #1 thing I look for in a QB. I would love to take him but I just hope he improves that.

I think though Samuels watching the O the last few weeks, we were using more rollouts and trying to blend Kyle and Mike's schemes thats where I'm concerned about him. Not saying Mallett is bad because the guy can throw a football there is no question, but I just don't see him as a fit here

I agree there are better fits but this kid will be dynamic off hard playaction throwing downfield. If protected the kid can throw the ball his fade route is about the best i've ever seen from a college QB.

I agree there are better fits but this kid will be dynamic off hard playaction throwing downfield. If protected the kid can throw the ball his fade route is about the best i've ever seen from a college QB.

I see your point and that's why I think Gabbert is the better fit for our Offense as is Locker. Its tough to tell though with this staff what we'll do at QB because of the fact that they are so closely vested about the draft

Rashad Carmichael looks like a potential FS. The guy is a straight ball hawk and a hard worker with heart from what I see. I hope he is projected to go late.

4th rounder is what I've seen as projections for him.

---------- Post added February-27th-2011 at 01:48 PM ----------

rb's getting ready to run

Watch Ingram's and LeShoure's times those will be huge to watch

Redskins19and0 Redskins19and0

by c4man5282

Watching Cam Newton throw. DO NOT WANT. He's about 33% accurate.

26 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

---------- Post added February-27th-2011 at 10:51 AM ----------

NFL Network

nflnetwork NFL Network

Top 40 times, WRs (official): Edmund Gates (4.37), Ricardo Lockette (4.37), Julio Jones (4.39), Leonard Hankerson (4.43), Al Robinson (4.43)

3 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

---------- Post added February-27th-2011 at 10:52 AM ----------

Not surprising since he came from the Pistol Offense, but an intriguing prospect nonetheless.

---------------------------

Colin Kaepernick - QB - Player

Nevada QB Colin Kaepernick measured 6-foot-4 5/8 and 233 pounds at the NFL Scouting Combine weigh-in.

He also ran an official forty time of 4.53 to rank second fastest among quarterbacks, and had a 9-foot, 7-inch broad jump. Kaepernick helped himself by adding eight pounds since the Senior Bowl, but his momentum seems to have stalled a bit. While he was outstanding in Mobile, Kaepernick's performance in Combine passing drills has been described at only "so so."

Source: NFL.com

Feb 27, 1:43 PM

I am a D#(DB) guy...so how do you think the QB´s look? NFL network says that Newton strugles because of his dropback. I really have no clue, doesn't look that bad to me.

He was throwing more so than being a QB. There's a difference between a thrower and a QB and Newton for the most part was throwing and not being a QB. He had a few good throws that showed the potential but was also overthrowing his WR's by a good yard or so.

Russellmania09 Chris Russell

@

@RealRedskins Totally agreed on the DB issue, been preaching that. Was surprised they didn't at least trans. tag Carlos. + Buch + safeties?

4 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

---------- Post added February-27th-2011 at 10:54 AM ----------

He was throwing more so than being a QB. There's a difference between a thrower and a QB and Newton for the most part was throwing and not being a QB. He had a few good throws that showed the potential but was also overthrowing his WR's by a good yard or so.

McClain_on_NFL John McClain

Cam Newton was 11-for-21. His form was good, but his accuracy was off. He was high on his out routes.

33 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply

I'm sorry but if your talking QBs red flags are unacceptable. The leader of your franchise must be clean, any other position sure give a guy a second chance. how many head case QBs have been great?

completely off topic still unreal Warren Moon went undrafted, just an unbelievable talent. Sorry the top ten undrafted players was on the other day, and it was just amazing to me.

Archived