Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Iowa wrestler defaults rather than face girl

LeesburgSkinFan

I respect his choice to not wrestle and his choice to believe whatever he wants, though I think it's stupid. I think in 100 years we'll look back at things like this with a frown.

idiocracy.jpg

Nope, pretty sure in 100 years we will be closer to the movie Idiocracy. If anything I think society is becoming more mind-numbingly stupid as a whole.

Is it wrong to not agree with someone's core beliefs?

The funny thing is all people involved have no issue with it, yet you keep banging the drum like her rights as a woman have been abused. She is still wrasslin' other boys in the tournament. Stop crusading for someone's cause when it isn't necessary.

I think his beliefs are stupid and it's just another act of subtle religious bigotry if you want me to be honest.

f51fd71ffab023450a5d58d4345bd9e2.jpg?v=155820

You blasting his beliefs and calling him bigoted is about as hypocritical as it gets guy.

The funny thing is all people involved have no issue with it, yet you keep banging the drum like her rights as a woman have been abused. She is still wrasslin' other boys in the tournament. Stop crusading for someone's cause when it isn't necessary.

Good call

I think his beliefs are stupid and it's just another act of subtle religious bigotry if you want me to be honest.

Well you certainly are entitled to your opinion, even if it is off base and errant in nature. I noticed you were forced to use the term "subtle" because it wasnt actually there and that you cant define why it's "stupid" beyond the fact that you simply disagree.

You blasting his beliefs and calling him bigoted is about as hypocritical as it gets guy.

Ah yes, I'm bigoted because I expect people to view others as equal and don't let a faith determine why I believe what I believe.

EDIT: Why am I expected to respect someone's beliefs anyway?

How are you not bigoted by not accepting what he believes, when you have no idea how he would react to your belief?

I don't care how he reacts to my beliefs. Is it bigoted to not accept racists? I bet racists hate my thoughts on interracial marriage.

Edit: I think Endzone's question is interesting. It's entirely speculative, but it's interesting nontheless. I don't think we should cast the boy in that light, but as a general issue it's not unfair to raise.

about as interesting as if i asked in a political thread "would burg and asf be cheerleading like this if it were bush rather than obama?" :silly:

interesting, but totally speculative and completely irrelevant to the discussion.

---------- Post added February-18th-2011 at 09:39 AM ----------

Ah yes, I'm bigoted because I expect people to view others as equal and don't let a faith determine why I believe what I believe.

so you think males and females are equal physically?

edit: does anyone know what the record for most strawmen in one thread on es is?

I love how the straw men are being constructed by some here because they really have no true basis in debate.

I was simply using the exact same logic Homercles was using to prove the point. He said I was bigoted for not accepting what he believes.

---------- Post added February-18th-2011 at 10:43 AM ----------

No but I see no reason to not compete with someone who made the team we're competing against.

about as interesting as if i asked in a political thread "would burg and asf be cheerleading like this if it were bush rather than obama?" :silly:

interesting, but totally speculative and completely irrelevant to the discussion.

I just think it's interesting because I'm honest about my own weaknesses. If I were asked to wrestle a guy who was openly gay I would have a few qualms. I'd know it wasn't rationale, but there would be a certain "ick" factor and that's coming from a guy who spent a number of years working in theater.

with that rationale, boys should be allowed to try out for the girls team. the 13th best male player should be the first one on the girls team, unless there are 12 girls better than him.

So true.

So silly that this is even an issue.

Why can't a guy play on the softball team in college ?

Well you certainly are entitled to your opinion, even if it is off base and errant in nature. I noticed you were forced to use the term "subtle" because it wasnt actually there and that you cant define why it's "stupid" beyond the fact that you simply disagree.

Lol, he's 21, he has an opinion on everything without having the experience or knowledge

Who's saying he doesn't view her as equal? You, like your predecessor endzone, are building a strawman to fight your argument. If you want to fabricate stuff no one will take you seriously.

And yes you are a bigot per the definition of bigot: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&defl=en&q=define:bigot&sa=X&ei=ToVeTei0AcXTgQfrhKmhDQ&ved=0CBMQkAE

bigot - a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from his own

If you viewed people as equal you would respect his opinion, but because he is a Christian and is following his beliefs you bash him...that is both bigoted and hypocritical.

How are you not bigoted by not accepting what he believes, when you have no idea how he would react to your belief?

Exactly

I don't care how he reacts to my beliefs. Is it bigoted to not accept racists? I bet racists hate my thoughts on interracial marriage.

yes it is, because that is their belief. you might not like it or respect it, but you have to accept them.

BTW i am married to a middle eastern girl so you can go ahead and toss out your interracial marriage crap now.

---------- Post added February-18th-2011 at 09:46 AM ----------

---------- Post added February-18th-2011 at 09:39 AM ----------

edit: does anyone know what the record for most strawmen in one thread on es is?

i don't, but between spec and endzone they might set the record for only two people building them, haha

I don't really believe this is about faith.

But everyone is due respect until proven otherwise to the point where it has an impact on your life or beliefs.

I was simply using the exact same logic Homercles was using to prove the point. He said I was bigoted for not accepting what he believes.

No but I see no reason to not compete with someone who made the team we're competing against.

No you aren't, Homercles didn't create a situation that doesn't exist, he told you that you would have no idea how he would react to your beliefs because...well...you don't, unless you know this kid....do you?

Dude I do bjj and even with full gi it's still uncomfortable to roll with girls in class.

He added "no Homo" before going on an incoherant rant about familar touching

"Northrup's father, Jamie Northrup, is a minister in the Believers in Grace Fellowship, an independent Pentecostal church in Marion that believes young men and women shouldn't touch in a "familiar way," said Bill Randles, the church's pastor."

Archived