Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sucker Punch

ACW

Okay, just to be clear, we have a movie that has samurais, machine guns, a building full of hot chicks, dragons, bullet trains, a sensei that turns into a WWI soldier, biplanes with more machine guns, exploding balls of fire, undead samurais, robots, jet packs, robots with jet packs, super swords that can cut through robots with jet packs, tanks, missiles, undead samurais with still more machine guns, nun-chucks, Molotov ****tails, Led Zeppelin, actual zeppelins, and oh my God my head just exploded with awesome.

Been waiting for months. Can't wait to see it.

• 2 weeks later...
I know....on subsequent watchings, 300 wasn't as good. But that first time watching it, it was awesome! In a purposeful-testosterone-fest kind of way, of course.

And I hated Watchmen.

He had 3 fails in those 19 words

1) First he said he didn't make it past 15 min. of 300 and declared it sucked. Watch the rest of the movie *$*#^*#($#! Were you expecting some oscar worthy drama in the first 15 min.? In a movie like 300?

2) He liked Watchmen over 300? :ols::ols::ols:

That has to be a joke or one huge head scratcher.

3) This looks "tiresome"

What definition of tiresome are you using??

Ironically, if you took out all of the slow motion in 300 the movie itself would only be 15 minutes long :)

Can't wait for SuckerPunch, though I'm hearing impaired so I'll have to wait 3-4 months for Bluray. On a side note, movies suck nowadays for the hearing impaired...why can't they make an app that you cue at the beginning of the movie that displays the last 10-15 lines of dialogue? Would that be so difficult? I can dim the brightness of my phone to be less distracting. Anyhoo, back OT...

He watches 15 minutes of 300, a very good movie, and says it sucks. He watches all of a 4 hour snoozefest and says it's good?

Makes no logical sense at all.

I liked Watchmen a lot. Some parts get a little slow, but for such a complex (and I know some say heavy handed or outright boring) graphic novel, I thought Snyder did a pretty good job scaling it all down into a film.

I like 300 too, but beyond the fact that it's an awesome "guy's movie" with some cool gore, sex, and action scenes, it's not anything that special.

In other words, I disagree with the idea that someone liking Watchmen more than 300 is really that crazy. And actually, Watchmen carries a 64% on Rotten Tomatoes to 300's 60%.

I like 300 too, but beyond the fact that it's an awesome "guy's movie" with some cool gore, sex, and action scenes, it's not anything that special.
Well, why does there have to be a beyond? Sometimes that's all you need!

Well, why does there have to be a beyond? Sometimes that's all you need!

I never said there had to be. I love a good "turn off your brain and just watch" type of action movie as much as anyone. I don't think I can go more than 3 or 4 months without re-watching Commando on DVD.

But I also don't think 300 is really a better movie than Watchmen. 300 is fun, but it's not that great, is my point. Watchmen might have been a tad overambitious in some areas, but it at least tried to tell a cool, meaningful story and did a decent job of it, considering the source material it was based off of.

Okay, just to be clear, we have a movie that has samurais, machine guns, a building full of hot chicks, dragons, bullet trains, a sensei that turns into a WWI soldier, biplanes with more machine guns, exploding balls of fire, undead samurais, robots, jet packs, robots with jet packs, super swords that can cut through robots with jet packs, tanks, missiles, undead samurais with still more machine guns, nun-chucks, Molotov ****tails, Led Zeppelin, actual zeppelins, and oh my God my head just exploded with awesome.

Been waiting for months. Can't wait to see it.

This is the last year of syfy in one movie... Brilliant!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived