Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Here we go again - FNN: Oddsmakers: Cowboys Among Super Bowl Favorites for 2011

HapHaszard

http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2011/oddsmakers-cowboys-among-super-bowl-favorites-for-2011/

What do the Green Bay Packers, New England Patriots, and Dallas Cowboys all have in common?

According to oddsmakers, it’s that all three teams are Super Bowl favorites in 2011.

The MGM/Mirage line gave the Cowboys 8-1 odds to win the Super Bowl title next season, putting them only behind Green Bay and New England’s 6-1 odds.

Popular online betting site Bodog, meanwhile, gave the Cowboys 16-1 odds. The line gives them the same chance as the Atlanta Falcons and Philadelphia Eagles–the top two seeds in the NFC in 2010–and by far the best odds of any non-playoff team from this season.

Green Bay and New England make sense as favorites.

click on the link to continue reading

Well Vegas is hurting after the Packers won and the point spread was covered on Sunday. They figured they can sucker all the bandwagon Cowboys fans who are gamblers into putting some money down NOW if they give them good enough odds, that way they can make up some of the cash they lost on the SB.

The team’s early hype won’t do them any favors. Owner Jerry Jones pointed out what he thought caused the Cowboys disappointing 2010 season, “We read our press clippings.”

I have to believe I'm not the only one who read that as "R-E-E-D" rather than "R-E-D" (present tense vice past tense)

Seriously, did you expect any less? The Super Bowl is over, the "temporary" champion Packers had their stupid parade. Now it's time to get back to talking about how the real "CHAMPIONS"..."America's Team" is the greatest team ever assembled in any sport at any time and should be the favorite to win the next 20 super bowls. They are all Madden all the time. Dez Bryant and Tony Romo sits to pee are demi-gods. Jerry Jones is the Lord of all things Football. Jason Garrett is the "essence" of Vince Lombardi, Hank Stram, and Bill Walsh, and will triple all their successes combined.

So let it be written so let it be done.

only reason is that they unlike you enjoy seeing Dallas succeed

Which they haven't done in 15 years, and goes to show how idiotic the oddsmakers are. Care to explain how the 6-10 Cowboys have better odds than say, the Saints, Falcons, Colts, Jets, , Chargers, Bears, or Ravens? That's a little ridiculous, and shows how bias the media is. Dallas deserves those odds as much as the Redskins do.

As if they care if they look idiotic or not..they are willing to stick their necks out and take a chance Dallas

might actually turn it around and win it all. and one day they will be right, eventually things have to change

and Dallas will end up winning it all. much to the dismay of you and your "fans"

As if they care if they look idiotic or not..they are willing to stick their necks out and take a chance Dallas

might actually turn it around and win it all. and one day they will be right, eventually things have to change

and Dallas will end up winning it all. much to the dismay of you and your "fans"

Wow, that's an awesome post. You won't get credit for calling Dallas to win it if you do it every year. Going 1 for 15 isn't exactly something to hang your hat on.

If I'm wrong, and you do get credit for something like that, then I predict that there will be a Super Bowl winner. I declare myself the most accurate prognosticator.

Wow, that's an awesome post. You won't get credit for calling Dallas to win it if you do it every year. Going 1 for 15 isn't exactly something to hang your hat on.

If I'm wrong, and you do get credit for something like that, then I predict that there will be a Super Bowl winner. I declare myself the most accurate prognosticator.

They will get credit for accurately predicting Dallas wins the super bowl and will be wrong if they fail to win the super bowl..but again and clearly they do not

seem to care..all they want is for the Cowboys to win.

The only reason Vegas has Dallas at such high odds because of the large number of dumb bandwagon fans who are still willing to bet large amounts of money on Dallas thinking that "their" team will somehow win the Super Bowl. There's no other logical reason as to why Dallas is an 8-1 favorite to win the Super Bowl, none.

The only reason Vegas has Dallas at such high odds because of the large number of dumb bandwagon fans who are still willing to bet large amounts of money on Dallas thinking that "their" team will somehow win the Super Bowl. There's no other logical reason as to why Dallas is an 8-1 favorite to win the Super Bowl, none.

Haven't you heard about how "talented" they are?

This is correct. And what's better is that it serves as actual evidence that Cowboys fans are stupid, which is completely awesome.

Dumb bandwagon fans?? more like people with severe gambling addictions..who run off to the bookie and make bets on any game playing

then run off to OTB to gamble even more on the ponies and greyhounds

Archived