Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The SB commercials

Spaceman Spiff

No, she looks hit.

Maybe in that picture at that moment. I can only really take that with a grain of salt though.

It's like when Predicto posts the same 2 pictures of Kim Kardashian looking out-of-shape in a bikini and claims that they're definitive examples of her being a fat chick.

Yeah, I could tell everything in that commercial was shopped.

I mean, Fonzie in a Packers jersey? Norm in a CURRENT Pats jersey? Didn't that strike anyone else as odd?

I thought the obviousness of the shopping was part of the commercial.

Who actually thought all of those scenes were real?

"many people on the board,"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhTeDn0hV_7sgnTXmOxKTkk1cwhzkrMli4u2HIY5FgMJHLuv3EZA

Yeah, that directly contradicts the most important lesson bestowed upon us by the heaping helping of dramatic wisdom that was Men in Black: "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

: "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

You know what, I think about that quote everyday. I didn't understand it when I first heard it, due to being a 9 year old kid, but now that I'm older, I've come to realize that no truer words have probably ever been spoken, whether it was a movie or not.

According to ConnSKINS26, "many people on the board," who believed, and still do, that Sofia is a skins fan because of the shirt she was wearing.

I can't speak about the other parts of that commercial, but there were definitely tons of people posting on the board who thought that she was, or could be. Probably because the alteration to her scene was so small, it looks plausible.

You know what, I think about that quote everyday. I didn't understand it when I first heard it, due to being a 9 year old kid, but now that I'm older, I've come to realize that no truer words have probably ever been spoken, whether it was a movie or not.

I actually think that truer words were spoken very shortly afterward: "1500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was the center of the universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat. And 15 minutes ago, you knew that people were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."

(Forget, for a moment, that the reports of "knowing" that the Earth is the center of the universe or that it's flat were overstated. The basic message of that line still resonates: Imagine what you'll know tomorrow.)

I actually think that truer words were spoken very shortly afterward: "1500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was the center of the universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat. And 15 minutes ago, you knew that people were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."

(Forget, for a moment, that the reports of "knowing" that the Earth was the center of the universe or that it's flat were overstated. The basic message of that line still resonates: Imagine what you'll know tomorrow.)

I think about that part a lot actually.

It's fairly deep for a summer movie like Men in Black. Good lines though.

Imagine what you'll know tomorrow.

That one was good, but the first line always hits home for me. The one thing that sets us as individuals apart from a wild animal, is our highly developed brains. We like to think of ourselves as very intelligent, rational, compassionate people, yet our history as a species has shown many times that we're fully capable of committing truly horrific acts, especially when faced with a situation that challenges our belief system/something we can't comprehend. We tend to become hostile.

That's why I'm completely captivated by movies like The Matrix, Armageddon, Invasion, I Am Legend, etc. I always find myself wondering what I'd do if I knew that the world was coming to an end tomorrow. How would I react? What would I do if I somehow found out that I was living in some sort of controlled alternate reality? Would I accept it? Or would I struggle to come to grips with it, lashing out in the process? It really takes you on a mindtrip.

---------- Post added February-9th-2011 at 11:11 PM ----------

I think about that part a lot actually.

It's fairly deep for a summer movie like Men in Black. Good lines though.

Yeah, although it was meant to be sci-fi/comedy action flick, it definitely had some serious philosophical undertones.

* Eh, sorry for the minor derail here.

NU was getting some love by the announcers for the Bruins game last night.

It's going to take a miracle to win Monday. We play BC three straight games actually. Beanpot Monday then at Conte Forum Friday and then at Matthews Saturday. It is going to get ugly and fast. Also surprised at how poorly Minnesota is doing this season but as long as they make the WCHA Tournament anything can happen.

I liked the Groupon commercials; they were clever. And it's not like anyone really cares about Tibet or the Brazillian rainforests anyway.

I care about Jungles...... they showed the world that Tarzan and Jane as well as Cheetah were a bunch of swingers and that George never watched out for that tree.

And I'll never be upset about eating inexpensive great Chinese food.

Archived