Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The SB commercials

Spaceman Spiff

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local-beat/Childrens-Hospital-Patient-Stars-in-Super-Bowl-Ad-115453244.html

A 6-year-old heart patient from Children's Hospital Los Angeles appeared in a Super Bowl commercial Sunday, playing Darth Vader in a car commercial.

Max Pagehasm, who is also part of the cast of "The Young and the Restless" was the little "man behind the Darth Vader mask'' in a Volkswagen ad that aired during Super Bowl XLV.

Max took off his mask Monday on TODAY. He said he had never seen Star Wars, so he didn't know a lot about the character he was playing.

When Max was just 4 months old, he was diagnosed with Tetralogy of Fallot, a congenital heart defect. His parents, Buck and Jennifer Page, brought Max to Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, where he received a pacemaker.

"Max's prognosis going forward is very good,'' said Dr. Michael Silka, head of the hospital's Division of Cardiology and Max's pediatric cardiologist. "He can essentially have normal activity and with careful care, a full life is a reasonable expectation.''

Max's parents see the attention as an opportunity to reach out to parents whose children suffer from heart conditions.

No. she has definitely slimmed down recently.

I'll take your word for it. She was still airbrushed. Which isn't anything to be ashamed of...every celebrity is "edited", in commercials, pictures, etc.

You are an evil, evil person for stomping on my dream! :(

Sorry man. I was sad too :(

Why? As if she wasn't CGI'd and airbrushed as hell in that commercial.
No. she has definitely slimmed down recently.

I think the point is that she's not as fat as some people make her out to be.

Like Predicto when he posts the same 2 pictures from a couple years ago of her in a bikini.

I think the point is that she's not as fat as some people make her out to be.

Like Predicto when he posts the same 2 pictures from a couple years ago of her in a bikini.

Fair enough. I would never call her legitimately "fat" in the first place. I'm just on board with the people who say that for someone who's really only famous because she's "hot" or a sex symbol....she really isn't.

Which isn't to imply that I wouldn't hit that.

^^^ Thus making her a sex symbol.

:doh:

No. Any normal guy wouldn't kick her out of bed...it doesn't mean she deserves to be a national sex symbol. That's reserved for another level of hotness...almost an unattainable level, if any of us non-famous schmucks are being honest.

Have you seen a picture of Billy Bob Thornton ?

Honestly... any guy can get any girl if he has his own stuff in check. Kevin Federline was not famous when he started dating a sex symbol.

Billy Bob Thornton is a movie star. Not on the Brad Pitt/Tom Cruise/etc. level, but the guy's got money and fame. His looks don't factor into it. You think Kim Kardashian would have ever dated Miles Austin, or known that he existed even when he was in the NFL, before he broke out and became a star player? Hell no.

When it comes to a guy without the fame and riches, the looks do matter, when you're talking about a famous woman.

Obviously, all bets are off when it comes to two non-famous people, no matter the looks.

And Kevin Federline was a decently well-known backup dancer for many very famous groups before he started dating/married Britney Spears, who also probably wasn't/isn't mentally stable :ols: So he had access to a sex-symbol with mental issues.

That's a rare case.

:obvious:

Maybe to you. Many people around the board were saying that she was a fan, or wondering if she was. Why would that be obvious? It was a very small edit, as opposed to many of the large changes made to some of the other scenes in that commercial (for those who've seen those episodes of those shows)

Maybe to you. Many people around the board were saying that she was a fan, or wondering if she was. Why would that be obvious? It was a very small edit, as opposed to many of the large changes made to some of the other scenes in that commercial (for those who've seen those episodes of those shows)
They were all edits. Fonzie a Packers fan? Newman a Cowboys fan?

---------- Post added February-7th-2011 at 06:50 PM ----------

And I'm still trying to figure out...the "Your rack is unreal" one...was it THAT blatant, because if so I'm SHOCKED it got through.

I really liked the Darth Vader one and the Eminem/Chrysler/Detroit one. The ones I hated were the groupon (or whatever they were) ones where someone was talking about like the plight of the rainforest or some developing country, then talking about getting a groupon to go to a restaurant??? Did I miss something there or was that totally awkward?

I was listening to 980 on my way to the gym, and Czabe was listing his top five. I can't remember all of them, but he had the "Reply all guy" and the finger licking Doritos guy in there. In both commercials, I felt that they were trying way too hard to be funny. I'm more of a "subtle humor" type of guy anyways. One came off stupid and somewhat forced, while the other one came off as mildly amusing, but very disturbing.

I was listening to 980 on my way to the gym, and Czabe was listing his top five. I can't remember all of them, but he had the "Reply all guy" and the finger licking Doritos guy in there. In both commercials, I felt that they were trying way too hard to be funny. I'm more of a "subtle humor" type of guy anyways. One came off stupid and somewhat forced, while the other one came off as mildly amusing, but very disturbing.

I thought the "Reply All" Guy commercial was funny.

The only problem was that it was for Bridgestone Tires, but it didn't get that message across at all considering it concentrated on a guy doing crazy things like jumping out of a tree on someone or running into a meeting to take everyone's laptops so they couldn't read his accidental e-mail. It just showed some tires screeching around tight corners, but that could easily be a sign of him driving like a maniac, not him having great tires.

Humorous commercial, but bad advertisement. At least the weird Doritos one focused on a part of Doritos that a lot of people actually recognize and enjoy- eating the dusty bits at the end of a bag.

Archived