Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How does Yao Ming get named to All Star team?

Dallascrushers

I haven't seen this post anywhere...sooo here goes my rant. I am really not a huge NBA fan just an occasional fan. I know enough as an outsider to question the Yao Ming All Star selection. Not even just selection....a STARTER. I mean maybe I can understand the vote if it is a bid farewell for a career of injuries and a few good seasons of All Star material, but really. I mean Yao played 5 games this year and averaged 10.6 pts per game. I mean Kevin Love is a monster....he is averaging 21.6 pts. per game, 15.2 rbs per game and is 43 percent from 3 pt. range....can anyone give me a perspective on this? I am so confused.

As a related question, how does Monta Ellis NOT make the all star team. Averaging 25 points per game (6th in NBA), third in steals, in the top 20 in assists (and he's not even the team's point guard).

I mean, I know the Warriors are an NBA backwater, but come on.

As a related question, how does Monta Ellis NOT make the all star team. Averaging 25 points per game (6th in NBA), third in steals, in the top 20 in assists (and he's even the point guard).

the same could be said about Kevin Love, 21pts a game & he's leading the league in rebounding

the same could be said about Kevin Love, 21pts a game & he's leading the league in rebounding

Absolutely. It's ridiculous.

---------- Post added February-4th-2011 at 12:54 PM ----------

Definitely racism...

Lol, no way. It's "important NBA city-ism."

Last year, lily-white David Lee got on the all star team with lesser numbers. Both Lee and Love have stats that benefit from being the only decent player on otherwise horrible teams.

The difference was that Lee played for the Knicks last year - one of the teams that "matters" even when they stink.

As a related question, how does Monta Ellis NOT make the all star team. Averaging 25 points per game (6th in NBA), third in steals, in the top 20 in assists (and he's not even the team's point guard).

Russell Westbrook is that good. He's deserving over Monta.

Lol, no way. It's "important NBA city-ism."

Last year, lily-white David Lee got on the all star team with lesser numbers. Both Lee and Love have stats that benefit from being the only decent player on otherwise horrible teams.

The difference was that Lee played for the Knicks last year - one of the teams that "matters" even when they stink.

Get the hell out of here with your fancy lawyer 'facts'....its clearly racism and you know it! :pfft:

Ginobli is the one I would question (assuming you only have three guard reserves). Not Westbrook.
Its hard to punish the Spurs because they play team basketball.

Ginobili is one of the best clutch players in the league. His 18 ppg leads directly to victories.

Its hard to punish the Spurs because they play team basketball.

Ginobili is one of the best clutch players in the league. His 18 ppg leads directly to victories.

Meh, Ginobili benefits greatly from playing with the greatest fundamental player of all time in Tim Duncan. He isn't even the second best player on his team - Tony Parker is much more important. As the third option, Ginobili gets easier looks and clean up points. Ellis has no big man down low to take the pressure off of him. He has to create his own shot on a bad team, and does a great job of it. Always among the highest percentage shooting guards in the game.

Ah, I'm just biased. The Warriors haven't had an all star for fifteen years. I'm not sure what else Ellis could do to get in. He wasn't even in the top ten guards in the Western voting tally - Hell, Vince Carter got more votes than Monta. That is wack.

Meh, Ginobili benefits greatly from playing with the greatest fundamental player of all time in Tim Duncan. He isn't even the second best player on his team - Tony Parker is much more important. As the third option, Ginobili gets easier looks and clean up points. Ellis has no big man down low to take the pressure off of him. He has to create his own shot on a bad team, and does a great job of it. Always among the highest percentage shooting guards in the game.

Ah, I'm just biased. The Warriors haven't had an all star for fifteen years. I'm not sure what else Ellis could do to get in. He wasn't even in the top ten guards in the Western voting tally - Hell, Vince Carter got more votes than Monta. That is wack.

haha.

I was about to say, there's a reason why Ginobili is an all-star this year Parker isn't. He's taken over that role as the go-to guy for the Spurs over Duncan and Parker. He's their best player this season. (he's absolutely their first option now)

And creating your own shot on a bad team is easy in the NBA. Nothing against Monta who's tons of fun to watch but creating your own shot in a half court offense like the Spurs is what's hard.

haha.

I was about to say, there's a reason why Ginobili is an all-star this year Parker isn't. He's taken over that role as the go-to guy for the Spurs over Duncan and Parker. He's their best player this season. (he's absolutely their first option now)

And creating your own shot on a bad team is easy in the NBA. Nothing against Monta who's tons of fun to watch but creating your own shot in a half court offense like the Spurs is what's hard.

Fair enough. I admit, I haven't watched the Spurs much this year and was going on what I have seen in the past.

Just seems to me like Manu always has the threat of Duncan and Parker to help him. In contrast, when the Warriors offense breaks down and they are all just standing around with the clock winding down, they give the ball to Monte and say: "Hey, you go one on five and get us some points" and half the time he is able to do it. :whoknows:

Duncan is still a solid player but he is on a fast decline. This is by far the worst season of his career statistically. His numbers in literally almost every single major statistical category is at the lowest of his career. He's 34 years old and not getting any younger. He's most certainly not a first or second option anymore. On the flipside, Manu is putting up one of the finest seasons of his career. Plus, as has been pointed out, his numbers aren't empty. They're leading to wins.

Archived