Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

McNabb on NFL Network @ 4pm

redskins55

He was on ESPN Super Bowl Special last night and was asked about his future with the Skins, and all he said is he would have to sit down with his agent, Mike, and Kyle and see where he stands and then go from there. Assuming there's a new CBA, I just can't see how Donovan is the QB for the Skins next season. IMO there's too great of a rift between McNabb and the Shanahan's for him to come back and be the QB/face of the franchise.

Hopefully Mike Shanahan realizes he made a mistake trading for McNabb and just cut ties with him and trade him to another team for a draft pick. Then sign Grossman to an extension to be the stop gap QB until Shanahan finds the QB of the future for the Skins, whether it's in this year's draft or next year's.

All I have to say to the front office is good luck trading a player that you demeaned, signed to a lucrative contract, then sat in favor of Rex Grossman. The only team dumb enough to trade for Donovan McNabb would be the Redskins. I personally think that the notion that we can get a thrid rounder for McNabb is laughable.

Okay so he says they're evaluating everyone on our team, which Shanny has already said they were doing, then he says they're all on vacation. I don't get that...

I kinda got the impression Warren and him were kinda inferring they were blowing him off, when he kinda contradicted himself their...

Any updates? I just read somewhere that he's said he hasn't been contacted by the team at all since the season ended.

He just said that he plans on Meeting with Dan, Bruce and Mike soon. He said the coaches are on vacation, and Bruce is available but they want to meet when they are all there.

Scot Hansen introduced McNabb with all of his accolades.

"12 time All Pro

6 time pro bowler

5 time NFC Championship participant

1 time Super Bowl appearance

Donovan McNabb"

Hanson : Is this going to last whats up with the Washington Redskins?

MCNabb: We're in wait and see mode right now. The coaches are evaluating the 13 games I started and the 3 that Rex started and we're waiting for our meeting with Shanahn, Allen and my agent Fletcher Smith to iron out some wrinkles.

Kurt Warner: I've been in some situations in this league as well and tell me how do you trust the system there? How do you not look over your shoulder if you go back to Washington?

MCNabb: That's something we will have to address behind closed doors. There are alot of questions that I'd like to be answered before I'm comfortable coming back to Washington. Because it puts a QB and any player in a tough position having to look over their shoulder to wonder if anyone is pulling the trigger when anything goes wrong. Its also good for the team to have an idea of who the starters are on the team to have the confidence in the system.

Hansen: So we're looking toward a meeting in the next couple of days?

McNabb: Well the coaches are on vacation right now, but we are eager to get with them once they come back to get questions answered.

Sapp: Is the GM on vacation too?

McNabb: Naw the GM isn't on vacation, but you cant have a sit down with the GM if you hadn't spoken with the head coach yet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some observations he did sound more assertive with his stance on things instead of just saying its the coaches team. Basically he wants to see what Shanahan has to say before officially making a public decision. But he knows he wants to start and will accept nothing less than starting. I really find it disheartening that Shanahan hasn't spoken to McNabb or his agent yet. I'm looking for some leadership from start to finish. Make a decision, stick with it, and lets roll!

mcnabb's position sounds like it makes perfect sense to me. also, notice how he clearly states the facts, and he is capable of stating his opionion and situation dispassionately. he's not trying to stir anything up by implying anything. it's 180 degrees opposite of portis! i like the way he handles the media.

sounds like he's basically saying that if after evaluating his and rex's performances, that they want him back, then he wants to at least know exactly where he stands. all sounds pretty reasonable and honest.

i'm taking a different stance. Everybody likes to make everything that shanahan does "personal" like he has some personal beef with haynesworth or mcnabb or something. IMO it's the exact opposite. I think Shanahan deals with everything STRICTLY from a professional standpoint. He doesnt care who you are or where you were drafted (with a slight benefit of doubt going to more experienced players), it comes down to what he sees on the field. Quarterback A isnt getting the job done, lets shake things up and see what the other QB's can do. I sortof view this season as one big tryout to see who will fit on this team in the system that they want to implement, and nobody has immunity or is irreplaceable. The problem comes when some players expect special or preferential treatment and cant deal with this.

i'm taking a different stance. Everybody likes to make everything that shanahan does "personal" like he has some personal beef with haynesworth or mcnabb or something. IMO it's the exact opposite. I think Shanahan deals with everything STRICTLY from a professional standpoint. He doesnt care who you are or where you were drafted (with a slight benefit of doubt going to more experienced players), it comes down to what he sees on the field. Quarterback A isnt getting the job done, lets shake things up and see what the other QB's can do. I sortof view this season as one big tryout to see who will fit on this team in the system that they want to implement, and nobody has immunity or is irreplaceable.

I agree with you completely.

mcnabb's position sounds like it makes perfect sense to me. also, notice how he clearly states the facts, and he is capable of stating his opionion and situation dispassionately. he's not trying to stir anything up by implying anything. it's 180 degrees opposite of portis! i like the way he handles the media.

sounds like he's basically saying that if after evaluating his and rex's performances, that they want him back, then he wants to at least know exactly where he stands. all sounds pretty reasonable and honest.

Your exactly right! He's a very professional player one that we have needed leading our team over the years. He did sound very steadfast on his position. He's also done a great job with his analysis on NF Network. He's stayed on for the last 2 hours evaluating the Hall of Fame WRs and the Super Bowl WRS and QBs. :D Feels good to see a redskin on tv looking good.

Archived