Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

McNabb on NFL Network @ 4pm

redskins55

I think if we don't find a QB in this draft, McNabb returns. I can't see us going into next season with Rex and Beck only. McNabb has to also realize that while he is waiting to hear how Mike is going to say, I'm sure Mike is waiting to see what Donovan has to say. This isn't all Mike's fault. McNabb didn't play well.

:applause::applause::applause: Very good points!

McNabb knows he didnt play well which is why he never got furious after being benched like some in the media demanded he do. That's what I like about McNabb. He's not a self aggrandized star like the players of today. He's pretty humble in accepting his fate whether its starting or benching. He's an incredible easy QB to work with if we as a franchise can just choose a direction and stick with it! If McNabb is coming back then he's the starter, if he's not coming back then lets make the decision just like the Titans have with Vince Young, so we can start the ball rolling. But what ever we do ...We must stick with our decisions! It burns me up that we would make an investment in McNabb with draft picks involved and refuse to stick with it through the entire season. Especially when we know that it wasn't just his fault this year. Kyle didnt facilitate a very good offensive game plan either.

From the level of field performance I viewed from McNabb in 2010, I think there is a significant gap in the value he brings the team versus the salary he'd command.

Barring a complete turnaround from what I perceived of McNabb in the 2010 offense -- I don't see that the 2011 team would be getting its money worth in retaining him -- especially if there is some kind of salary cap in place again.

Based on what I saw of McNabb in a Redskins' uniform, I question how well McNabb really fits the offense being put in place, how consistent and healthy he can stay thoughout a season, and how much he's really willing to work within that offensive system whenever it asks for something that goes against his instincts. I was underwhelmed by how he ran the offense, his accuracy, and even his field vision and decision-making. And the reputed friction between him and his OC is not a plus for going forward either.

If it weren't for the glittering McNabb resume, and the draft picks we gave up for Donovan's services -- there might be less anxiety on whether he was retained.

I'm starting to think that McNabb will have no choice but to be back next year.

No way. McNabb is outa here. All of this talk is pointless.

---------- Post added February-5th-2011 at 11:25 PM ----------

McNabb played like complete crap. Rex outplayed him. mcNabb is a terrible fit for the offense. He's not coming back.

Agreed, I saw fits of Jason Campbell

I would have rather watched Jason Campbell (or Rex Grossman, after he replaced him) than McNabb, knowing that it didn't cost us anything, and having a 2nd round pick on the field learning, as well as having a fourth in the upcoming draft.

And that's really saying something, because I'm one of those unashamed bitter, nearly irrationally negative Campbell "haters" ;). He was so frustrating to watch under Center. McNabb wasn't much better, and neither was his famed "leadership" attitude.

Let's not start conjuring up theories to why Donovan lost the confidence of the coaches. When have you ever heard of McNabb calling his own plays instead of the ones called by the offensive coordinator? He's not that type of QB. I dont even think he's lost the confidence of all the coaches. He just lost the confidence of Kyle. If you listen to the players they say that they have all the confidence in the world of Donovan. Armstrong said he wants DMac to come back because he gives them a better chance to win next year. So you think he'd be saying that if Keenan McCardell was in the wide receivers meeting saying " dang Donovan is a mess we need Rex in there". The Redskins running backs have had break out games when McNabb is in there. They look pedestrian with Grossman at the helm. So you think Bobby Turner has lost confidence in McNabb?

We all know what happened .. Kyle went to Dad and said hey I'd like to see what Rex could do in my system because he's been in it longer. Daddy hesitated for a few weeks because he knew it would be tough to sell to the team (assistant coaches included). But when we fell behind against Detroit Daddy let Kyle have his wish and when it backfired he had a mess on his hands. Why else would they put McNabb back in the very next week? So finally when Gano missed the extra point against Tampa and killed McNabb's game winning drive, Daddy said hey I'm going to give sonny boy what he wants since we are out of playoff contention. Rex is Kyle's guy just like Collins was Al Saunder's guy. We've seen this drama before.

Are you sure you're a Skins fan.......cuz you're making a heck of a lot of sense right now. LMAO!

Yeah look at that, I think teams will just wait for us to release McNabb.I just looked at a preview for an interview with him on ESPN, and he said " the thing about Ben is, He'll go out and make that big play. " That coming from another qb, Would you look at that? Discusting, I couldnt even look at it.

Hail

P.S. All the look at thats came from a skit on youtube from Ed Bassmaster, and that is now a little inside joke we have between us.....

Exactly. That way, when his opinions are spread through his agent, he can then turn around and deny them because he never said them himself.

This is what he's done since he entered the league. He did it this year more than once I believe. But he's all class in most peoples eyes. Smh.

Exactly. That way, when his opinions are spread through his agent, he can then turn around and deny them because he never said them himself.

Or...he doesn't believe in throwing the people close to him under the bus

Personally....if a close friend/agent said a whole bunch of crap...I'm not gonna take the people who don't give two craps about me side....I'm gonna take my agent or friend. Unless it was really that bad like something politically offensive. I may or may not agree with that close friend or agent...but I'm not gonna say anything against him or her

Personally....if a close friend/agent said a whole bunch of crap...I'm not gonna take the people who don't give two craps about me side....I'm gonna take my agent or friend. Unless it was really that bad like something politically offensive. I may or may not agree with that close friend or agent...but I'm not gonna say anything against him or her

The agent's job is to represent his client's viewpoints, etc. If the agent falsely represented McNabb's views, then the agent is guilty of LIBEL, which is a crime. Apparently, McNabb is just fine with his agent saying false things about him in an OFFICIAL capacity, ASSUMING McNabb is the one telling the "truth".

You are really reaching here. There is no way McNabbs agent said anything on a subject so touchy and important without discussing it first with McNabb and agreeing what would be said. None. What was said was what McNabb wanted saying - just not out of his mouth. Thats one of the things agents are for.

You are really reaching here. There is no way McNabbs agent said anything on a subject so touchy and important without discussing it first with McNabb and agreeing what would be said. None. What was said was what McNabb wanted saying - just not out of his mouth. Thats one of the things agents are for.

My thing is this: McNabb is a high-profile athlete. Unfortunately, he is also a human being. He's gonna be prone to make mistakes just like we do all the time. I mean, I know we're all perfect here, but bear with me. Some athletes are able to handle the constant media questioning with comfort, i.e. Derek Jeter, Tom Brady, fill in the blank. But Donovan can't seem to escape the dark cloud of criticism, especially this year. He was traded within his own division!!! How much of a slap to the face was that from his long-time team? I think that adding the fact that Donovan "lies" to the list of why we want him out of DC is "reaching."

My thing is this: McNabb is a high-profile athlete. Unfortunately, he is also a human being. He's gonna be prone to make mistakes just like we do all the time. I mean, I know we're all perfect here, but bear with me. Some athletes are able to handle the constant media questioning with comfort, i.e. Derek Jeter, Tom Brady, fill in the blank. But Donovan can't seem to escape the dark cloud of criticism, especially this year. He was traded within his own division!!! How much of a slap to the face was that from his long-time team? I think that adding the fact that Donovan "lies" to the list of why we want him out of DC is "reaching."

None of this is relevant to the discussion, though. You're making excuses for the behavior you've been arguing against...basically, submitting to the reality that it HAS been happening.

None of this is relevant to the discussion, though. You're making excuses for the behavior you've been arguing against...basically, submitting to the reality that it HAS been happening.

happenING? This happened once. For all we know it was a communication error. There's been a lot of that going on with the Redskins... My point is so what if he did?

happenING? This happened once. For all we know it was a communication error. There's been a lot of that going on with the Redskins... My point is so what if he did?

Have you followed McNabb's career at all, besides just being a rival of our Skins? I know that Eagle's fans are notoriously fickle and negative, but ask around Philly. This is a classic McNabb trait:

Either he's lying and letting his agent do his dirty work while playing the innocent in the media, or his agent went rogue on him. And since he didn't fire the guy, I'd say that's unlikely.

McNabb has always worked the media and the public with his passive-aggressive bull****.

That's a quote of mine from another McNabb thread earlier, and the bolded part is the most important. This isn't a one-time thing.

Have you followed McNabb's career at all, besides just being a rival of our Skins? I know that Eagle's fans are notoriously fickle and negative, but ask around Philly. This is a classic McNabb trait:

That's a quote of mine from another McNabb thread earlier, and the bolded part is the most important. This isn't a one-time thing.

An agent's job is to not only convey what his client wants to say, but to advise as well. I truly think that his agent has had a constant hand in all the McNabb drama we've seen over the years. Is McNabb a bit of a drama queen? Sure. But to me there's no excuse for how the Redskins treated him. The funny part? It's not even McNabb I'm concerned about. It's the preview of how this staff could potentially deal with all adversity headed its way during their tenure with this team. That's why I'm so passionate about the Donovan situation.

An agent's job is to not only convey what his client wants to say, but to advise as well. I truly think that his agent has had a constant hand in all the McNabb drama we've seen over the years. Is McNabb a bit of a drama queen? Sure. But to me there's no excuse for how the Redskins treated him. The funny part? It's not even McNabb I'm concerned about. It's the preview of how this staff could potentially deal with all adversity headed its way during their tenure with this team. That's why I'm so passionate about the Donovan situation.

He's a star player with national star power, with a huge contract, who we traded high draft picks for. And Shanahan didn't let any of that stop him from benching his ass when he didn't perform to expectations.

Sorry, but that only says good things about the future of this team, and its changing culture.

Premises:

1. McNabb is a high-profile athlete.

2.He is also a human being.

3. He's gonna be prone to make mistakes just like we do all the time.

4. Some athletes are able to handle the constant media questioning with comfort, i.e. Derek Jeter, Tom Brady, fill in the blank.

5. Donovan can't seem to escape the dark cloud of criticism, especially this year.

6. He was traded within his own division!!!

7. think that adding the fact that Donovan "lies" to the list of why we want him out of DC is "reaching."

----------------------

Conclusion:

None provided by you.

So, you just listed a bunch of premises and no conclusion. So, no one knows what the hell you are trying to say.

Not only that, Premise 7 mis-characterizes what is being said here. McNabb or his agent, who acted as his official spokesperson, lied. Lying is the simple act of NOT TELLING THE TRUTH.

He's a star player with national star power, with a huge contract, who we traded high draft picks for. And Shanahan didn't let any of that stop him from benching his ass when he didn't perform to expectations.

Sorry, but that only says good things about the future of this team, and its changing culture.

I don't see how it's different!!! Changing things year to year is the Redskins stamp on the NFL. Jason Taylor anyone??? (this situation rings exactly the same tune). Consistency, other than the consistent trades of draft picks, is the direction I would like to see. Holding on to McNabb is far from the worst thing this franchise could do.

---------- Post added February-7th-2011 at 06:22 PM ----------

Premises:

1. McNabb is a high-profile athlete.

2.He is also a human being.

3. He's gonna be prone to make mistakes just like we do all the time.

4. Some athletes are able to handle the constant media questioning with comfort, i.e. Derek Jeter, Tom Brady, fill in the blank.

5. Donovan can't seem to escape the dark cloud of criticism, especially this year.

6. He was traded within his own division!!!

7. think that adding the fact that Donovan "lies" to the list of why we want him out of DC is "reaching."

----------------------

Conclusion:

None provided by you.

So, you just listed a bunch of premises and no conclusion. So, no one knows what the hell you are trying to say.

Not only that, Premise 7 mis-characterizes what is being said here. McNabb or his agent, who acted as his official spokesperson, lied. Lying is the simple act of NOT TELLING THE TRUTH.

So, in conclusion, I think that McNabb lies about certain things, but then again so does his Head Coach. Is that better?

I don't see how it's different!!! Changing things year to year is the Redskins stamp on the NFL. Jason Taylor anyone??? (this situation rings exactly the same tune). Consistency, other than the consistent trades of draft picks, is the direction I would like to see. Holding on to McNabb is far from the worst thing this franchise could do.

You don't see the difference? There's accountability in this organization now. McNabb played like ****, and there was a guy behind him who could run the offense more effectively. So he was benched, despite his high salary, his high cost in terms of draft picks, and his national level of fame.

That's a step forward for an organization whose star players used to be held to different standards while having access to Snyder at will, I don't care how you feel in terms of how it was handled. Those are just details that the media can ***** about. Its a step forward.

You don't see the difference? There's accountability in this organization now. McNabb played like ****, and there was a guy behind him who could run the offense more effectively. So he was benched, despite his high salary, his high cost in terms of draft picks, and his national level of fame.

That's a step forward for an organization whose star players used to be held to different standards while having access to Snyder at will, I don't care how you feel in terms of how it was handled. Those are just details that the media can ***** about. Its a step forward.

I'm going to agree to disagree. Just spinning the tires at this point.

My problem lies in how Mike Shanahan dealt with the "accountability" and starting the McNabb saga. If Shanahan would have came out and stated that he benched McNabb because he wasn't performing up to the level he expected and was going with Grossman to see what they have in their back up QB since he's on a 1-year deal then there wouldn't have been nearly the uproar there was with Shanahan using two different BS excuses as to why he benched McNabb, which created animosity between McNabb and the Shanahan's.

If Mike had handled the situation in this way then McNabb's argument/point would have no leg to stand on, and he would have been viewed poorly in the public image, instead of coming out as the mistreated QB by Shanahan.

We haven't talked so much about our 3rd string QB in ages. It used to be all about the backup QB, now it's the 3rd guy, just like with Colt. :D

---------- Post added February-8th-2011 at 09:37 AM ----------

My problem lies in how Mike Shanahan dealt with the "accountability" and starting the McNabb saga. If Shanahan would have came out and stated that he benched McNabb because he wasn't performing up to the level he expected and was going with Grossman to see what they have in their back up QB since he's on a 1-year deal then there wouldn't have been nearly the uproar there was with Shanahan using two different BS excuses as to why he benched McNabb, which created animosity between McNabb and the Shanahan's.

Weren't we 5-9 and out of playoff contention when he went to Grossman? He said he was switching because he was using the time to evaluate players, what other reason did he give?

Archived