Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who Do You WANT/THINK Will Win The Super Bowl? (Pouncey Out)

ACW

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Want GB, think GB.

This is similar to the Colts-Bears Super Bowl. It wasn't about the Colts O vs the Bears D, it was the Colts D vs the Bears O, and the Colts D won it for them.

Packers O vs Steelers D is the understory...the real story will be the Packers D vs the Steelers O, and I think Green Bay's defense can contain Big Ben and the Steeler O enough to pull out a win, especially if Pouncey is out for the game.

Good piece by Boswell: As Super Bowl approaches, Steelers and Packers led by a different kind of quarterback

The NFL has always been defined by its great quarterbacks. That's not going to change. But the style of the quarterbacks who prosper the most might be altering subtly. Green Bay's Aaron Rodgers and Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger may illustrate the point in Super Bowl XLV. If you don't have the strength or agility to shed tacklers and turn busted plays into your own magic, these are tough days to be a playoff quarterback.

Of the last 11 Super Bowls, nine were won by a classic pocket-passing quarterback whose name was Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Kurt Warner, Brad Johnson or one of the Manning brothers, Peyton and Eli. Include Trent Dilfer, too; it'll make him feel good.

Some could run a bit or buy time by moving in the pocket. But it wasn't their calling card. Ripping away from 300-pound tacklers or making blitzing safeties miss them completely wasn't their best gift. You knew where to find them: in the pocket. And, difficult as it might be, you knew your only prayer to beat them: Get there and blast 'em.

In the NFL, coaches exist to spend 100-hour weeks studying film so they can invent schemes, and acquire specific types of players who can destroy what others have created.

The sophistication, speed and complexity of the best defenses - especially the blitzing 3-4 defenses of the Packers, Steelers and the just-eliminated Jets - attack so unpredictably that, sooner or later, they are going to bring devastating pressure. However, holding and interference rules, designed to help promote offense, make life miserable for defensive backs.

As a result, the quarterback who can "extend plays" - by breaking tackles, buying time and creating a secondary unscripted play - may be more valuable than ever. In fact, the most successful of the breed in recent years has been Roethlisberger with his two Super Bowl rings. Rodgers, who now has the highest career quarterback rating in history, is the new embodiment of this double-threat type.

I wanted a Bears -Superbowl but now I want the Packers to win it. The lesser of 2 evils. I don't want the Steelers to have 7 superbowl wins. I don't want the Packers to have 4 either but it is better than 7. The Redskins will have a lot of Superbowls to catch up now......

didn't want to make another SB thread, I'll ask here.

Do you all think NFL Network is biased towards the Steelers winning the SB? They're getting a lot of coverage this week on their programming with playing their recent Super Bowls, showing their logo every 2 seconds, and what not. I always pay attention to when I think programs do this kind of hidden

I want the Packers to win, but I'm sure Pitt will pull out a late victory curtesy of a timely penalty.

:ols:

---------- Post added February-1st-2011 at 10:31 AM ----------

didn't want to make another SB thread, I'll ask here.

Do you all think NFL Network is biased towards the Steelers winning the SB? They're getting a lot of coverage this week on their programming with playing their recent Super Bowls, showing their logo every 2 seconds, and what not. I always pay attention to when I think programs do this kind of hidden

Though GB certainly has a loyal following, I would think that the NFLN is just playing to the masses. Pittsburgh has a HUGE national following and is looking to win its third Super Bowl in the past six years. That's dynasty territory. Also, getting a seventh Super Bowl championship is a huge story.

So, I don't think the NFL is pulling for them to win since, at this point in the NFL's history they will do fine no matter who wins these games. But, I think they have an interest in promoting the most popular teams when they can.

I want GB all the way, but think the Steelers Defense will be too much for a GB offense that won't be able to get any type of running game going. Aaron Rogers must play the game of his life, while the Packs Defense hammers Big Ben and stuffs the Steelers running game. Hopefully this will be a great Super Bowl either way.

Archived