Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who Do You WANT/THINK Will Win The Super Bowl? (Pouncey Out)

ACW

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I wan't GB to win, and I think they will win, but I don't think they should be favored. That's crazy talk.

Green Bay 31, Pittsburgh 24.

This is similar to the Colts-Bears Super Bowl. It wasn't about the Colts O vs the Bears D, it was the Colts D vs the Bears O, and the Colts D won it for them.

Packers O vs Steelers D is the understory...the real story will be the Packers D vs the Steelers O, and I think Green Bay's defense can contain Big Ben and the Steeler O enough to pull out a win, especially if Pouncey is out for the game.

That's pretty much how I feel too. I think a lot of people are underestimating the effect Pouncey's absence will have on the game, especially Steeler fans. I know a lot of them who aren't worried at all.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/orangutan-gives-thumbs-up-to-packers/story-e6frf9if-1226000105274

Thanks to the late Paul the Octopus - who correctly forecast the winner in all seven of Germany's World Cup matches last summer - American zoos have now gotten in on the act of having animals "predict" the outcomes of big games.

On Wednesday, an orangutan in Salt Lake City and an elephant in Dallas indicated that the 'Cheeseheads' from Wisconsin would be celebrating Sunday night.

Eli the Orangutan, who has picked the Super Bowl winner three straight times, went with Green Bay by smashing the team's helmet and leaving the Steelers' helmet alone.

my first run with a prediction of this game came about 5 days ago and it was 27-20 Pitt....

But i was talking to my old coach about some things and he made a good point talking about G.B and how that team is a "dome" and "turf" team...regardless of them being in G.B and being a cold weather team...the offense is built for the indoors and they will be right in their element in Texas Stadium. They actually remind me a lot of Indy.......BUT that being said, when the dust settles and "coaching" starts to be the difference and it becomes that "Chess" match. I just think thats when Pitt takes over and Dick LeBeau will do his thing.....

Chicago was able to hit Rodgers, and late in that game they hit him hard and messed up dudes head...he was crap the next two possessions....if Chicago can do it, I know Pitt can. A Rodgers isn't that far removed from his last concussion...We sleep on concussions, but even the slightest of em cause you problems.

We do concussion testing on our high school'ers and we test all the kids before they play, then after they show "any" signs of a concussion we re-test....

you would be surprised at the scoring difference on these test even after the slightest of hits and/or concussions....my guess is, Rodgers and company are gonna get on em and it will look like one of those air it out run away games....and then a hit will make the difference......

Coaching edge goes to Pitt as well as the game. 34-24 Pitt!

Want G.B and Think Pitt

I want Green Bay and think Green Bay, but it pretty much depends on how the first quarter goes. Both of the defenses are going to play fantastic, so it comes down to the offenses.

I'm going to say that if Pittsburgh tries to run, isn't producing, and turns to the pass (which they have done several times this season), then Green Bay wins this game. Green Bay has been playing with a no run offense for nearly the entire season, and at this point a pass heavy game would favor them (not to mention they can go 4 wide with guys who would be starters on nearly every team in the league, the Steelers can't match that).

IMO, it will all fall on whether or not Pittsburgh has success running the ball early.

Steelers Center being out might give the Packers a slight advantage. Sure the Packers have more players on IR than any team in the league but they've dealt with it the whole season and are in the Super Bowl anyway.

That injury to Pouncey was a severe blow to an already bad Steelers' O-line. Right now their options for who lines up against Raji are a gimpy Pouncey suffering from a high ankle sprain, which means he'll get less leverage and be less effective in the run game, or his backup who fumbled a couple of snaps in the AFCCG and caused the safety. (On a side note, I find it really funny that the Steelers and Jets played twice this year, and both times the Jets got a safety)

That injury to Pouncey was a severe blow to an already bad Steelers' O-line. Right now their options for who lines up against Raji are a gimpy Pouncey suffering from a high ankle sprain, which means he'll get less leverage and be less effective in the run game, or his backup who fumbled a couple of snaps in the AFCCG and caused the safety. (On a side note, I find it really funny that the Steelers and Jets played twice this year, and both times the Jets got a safety)

Pouncey missing the Super Bowl hurts the Steelers, but Bronco Legursky did well as a run blocker against the Jets.

The O-line is weak at pass protection, but the Steelers should be able to run on the Packers.

Steelers 27, Packers 26

Archived