Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN: Keith Olbermann, MSNBC part ways

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Since when has the truth been a necessary requirement for them?

Are you attempting to say liberals have been telling the truth but their ratings have slumped because of the lies told on one cable channel?

The thing that was annoying was the stories the liberal channels did not cover until they were forced to by FNC covering them.

Yeah because the newspapers have been soooo honest and balanced. :rolleyes: Most people still watch PBS,NBC,CBS,ABC for news and I do not see the Washington post or NY Times moving to the right anytime soon.

Sadly, lies are almost always sexier and more seductive than truth, ND. That explains not only FOX's popularity, but why it chooses the tactics it does. The fact is, FOX is not the heroic diminuative David standing up against all the Goliaths to champion the people.

Sadly, lies are almost always sexier and more seductive than truth, ND. That explains not only FOX's popularity, but why it chooses the tactics it does. The fact is, FOX is not the heroic diminuative David standing up against all the Goliaths to champion the people.

Given the Tucson tragedy and the "media's" abominable coverage of that I'd suspect that you'd be a bit more accurate & insightful in you comments. But alas I guess i'm just wrong.

---------- Post added January-22nd-2011 at 06:58 PM ----------

FWIW-

Here's how it went down. Sources familiar with the situation tell us that Olbermann's agent recently went to NBC complaining that Keith -- who has the most popular show on MSNBC -- was underpaid at $7 million per year. NBC execs told Olbermann's agent they would not cough up anymore money.

Network execs were well aware that Comcast wanted Keith gone because he was "a loose cannon that could not be controlled." It became clear to both sides that Olbermann's days were numbered and they began negotiating an exit.

We're told the exit deal wasn't completed until just before airtime Friday night.

Under the deal, sources say Olbermann will get money but cannot appear on television for a certain period time -- we don't know how long.

Our sources say Olbermann will, however, reappear soon with a presence on the Internet.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/01/22/keith-olbermann-msnbc-countdown-comcast-cable-news-network-nbc-universal-secret-deal/

Given the Tucson tragedy and the "media's" abominable coverage of that I'd suspect that you'd be a bit more accurate & insightful in you comments. But alas I guess i'm just wrong.

Nope, you just added to my point. Many broadcasters chose to go with the sexy story. It's what FOX chooses routinely. Doesn't mean others are immune from it. After all, FOX didn't invent "if it bleeds it leads"

But honestly, we both know what the media did in referenceing Palin and the hyperbolic Press wasn't about lies. It was about unsubstantiated conjecture (which can be just as dangerous, but is different)

It's not actually smugness if the people you look down to are demonstrably inferior in all way, you know. Oh, I guess you wouldn't.

:silly:

Uh oh, not good, a liberal actually playing up the caricature of liberals. I thought only we conservatives did this (Evil fargin bastages that we are). Good reply.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/01/22/keith-olbermann-msnbc-countdown-comcast-cable-news-network-nbc-universal-secret-deal/

Keith Olbermann's Exit -- Secret Deal

Keith Olbermann saw the handwriting on the wall with the new owner of NBC and cut a deal for his exit that will give him money and options -- sources tell TMZ.

Here's how it went down. Sources familiar with the situation tell us that Olbermann's agent recently went to NBC complaining that Keith -- who has the most popular show on MSNBC -- was underpaid at $7 million per year. NBC execs told Olbermann's agent they would not cough up anymore money.

Network execs were well aware that Comcast wanted Keith gone because he was "a loose cannon that could not be controlled." It became clear to both sides that Olbermann's days were numbered and they began negotiating an exit.

We're told the exit deal wasn't completed until just before airtime Friday night.

Under the deal, sources say Olbermann will get money but cannot appear on television for a certain period time -- we don't know how long.

Our sources say Olbermann will, however, reappear soon with a presence on the Internet.

They are? Why would they want a leftwing lighting rod who displays everything thats wrong about being a a far left liberal / progressive to leave?

I'm just surprised that both viewers of Soccer on ES can stay awake to also watch MSNBC. just don't operate heavy machinery while doing so okay?

Oh, some conservatives are certainly celebrating and doing "the wicked witch is dead" dance. Don't believe me? Read some conservative websites and the responses to the articles on this subject. But, to be fair, it's probably the same reaction you'd see from liberal websites if Limbaugh were to go off the air.

If you're referring to the proverbial football of politics, it's broadcasters such as Olbermann that probably keeps it from getting to be too boring. ;-)

---------- Post added January-22nd-2011 at 11:13 PM ----------

Interesting details. Thanks for posting it.

Keith was a spokesperson for a lot of liberals. During the Bush years no one in the media would dare question anything the Bush admin done. They refused to question the war of choice, lack of evidence for WMD's, warrant-less wiretaps, torture, indefinite detention without being charged, etc. The purge of MSBNC has begun. Ed Schultz and rest of the Liberals there will soon be next.

Keith was a spokesperson for a lot of liberals. During the Bush years no one in the media would dare question anything the Bush admin done. They refused to question the war of choice, lack of evidence for WMD's, warrant-less wiretaps, torture, indefinite detention without being charged, etc. The purge of MSBNC has begun. Ed Schultz and rest of the Liberals there will soon be next.

Come back and post when you sober up.

Well, during the early Bush years, it's been proven that a lot of people gave Bush a pass and didn't do their due dilligence. That became less true as the years went on and especially into his second administration, but in 2002-2005, you were anti-American if you so much as disagreed with a sitting war time President. Remember when you were a traitor who hated the troops if you voiced dissent on any topic or challenged the President in any way? Heck, saying you weren't proud that you two shared the same birth state was cause for major boycotts and near exile from the country. Mind you, we're still in war and the primary goal is to unseat the President by any means possible and can you imagine Rush or Beck or Coulter or Palin or Hannity or Savage saying anything as mild as "not proud"

Boy, do Republicans and Consersvatives do the opposite of what they preach. If you think about it the hypocrisy is stunning (though not surprising)

Ace o Spades once asked Keith on Twitter: @KeithOlbermann, when you have your inevitable psychotic break and get fired again, do you think MSNBC will finally hire a black guy?

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/301030.php

Do people still say, oh snap. If so

Oh snap!

twa,

do you know if what level of truth that comment has? The only time I watch cable is at the gym and that's generally tuned to either CNN or FOX. Mind you when I think of news pundits most of them are white from Kritol to Kraut to Mathews and Eleanor... PBS does a good job with diversity esp. the Newshour cast who actually all quite good which is the most important thing. NPR actually needs to do a better job. How does MSNBC rank in terms of the demographics it puts on the air. How does it compare with FOX, CNN, ABC, NBC, etc.

---------- Post added January-23rd-2011 at 02:06 PM ----------

You guys don't need to worry, KO landed on his feet, just a different position with a different network.....

OlbermannAtFoxNews.png

No wonder, you're probably one of those freepers who's going to vote for Sarah Palin or New Gingrich. SIGH..

The problem with Olberman, Hannity Limbaugh Beck et al is they focus on the negatives of others and see their way as the only ways. They produce a negative narrative where compromise and moderation are frowned upon. This is turn can lead to gird lock and nothing getting done.

We should almost always start from the position that someone is trying their best and is basically good and work from there.

There can be differing ideas on how things get done.

---------- Post added January-23rd-2011 at 02:06 PM ----------

No wonder, you're probably one of those freepers who's going to vote for Sarah Palin or New Gingrich. SIGH..

Get bent.

Olbermann is a grade a douche bag just like the other 95% of the blowhard pundits on the political scene.

Sorry your buddy got canned.

Maybe if he didn't bleat like a wacked out crackhead, he might of had better ratings and not lost his job.

do you know if what level of truth that comment has? The only time I watch cable is at the gym and that's generally tuned to either CNN or FOX. Mind you when I think of news pundits most of them are white from Kritol to Kraut to Mathews and Eleanor... PBS does a good job with diversity esp. the Newshour cast who actually all quite good which is the most important thing. NPR actually needs to do a better job. How does MSNBC rank in terms of the demographics it puts on the air. How does it compare with FOX, CNN, ABC, NBC, etc.

CNN has Roland Martin and Donna Brazile, and I remember some black Republicans being used fairly frequently.

• 3 months later...

Archived