Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DFP - Lions DT Ndamukong Suh gives Albert Haynesworth a plug

CurseReversed

Re posted from breaking news

DFP - Lions DT Ndamukong Suh gives Albert Haynesworth a plug

If the Lions are of a mind to bolster their defensive line even more, Ndamukong Suh says he'd like them to go shopping for Redskins problem child Albert Haynesworth.

"I definitely like the group the way it is, but if we were able to have the opportunity and it was my decision to allow Albert Haynesworth to join our team, I would love for him to be able to join our group," Suh told Pro Football Weekly. "He's been in this exact scheme, he's been with Coach Schwartz, been with Gunther Cunningham, been with Kyle Vanden Bosch. ... It would be a great addition."

Haynesworth was with those three on the Titans.

"He's the one guy that when I was in college I watched closely my last two years," Suh told PFW. "I tried to steal some things from his game and understand how he was beating players. Being able to have a guy like that at our own disposal, it would be great to be able to work with him and talk to him about football."

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I am surprised this was not posted in the stadium. This is some pretty damn good news IMO. SUH calling out Haynesworth by name speaks volumes for the legitamacy of detroit willing to deal for him.

I'd try and work something out to pull the trigger on draft day. It'd be nice for us to trade down a bit from 10 to 13, include Haynesworth, and get some mid-rounders in return. If Amukamara is on the table and our QB prospect is still there at 13, I think that's a win for both teams.

That assumes a lot though. First and foremost that we'll be able to trade players this offseason...

If I am right this is a Suh quote. It is the same if Orakpo says he would love to play with Woodley. Does guys do not make does decisions so to me it says nothing except that Suh is a smart kid because he and Big Al would be a great duo, if they both draw a dubble team there would be only one lineman left to block a other rusher. Thats scary.

I don't understand the Vinny/GM's on his board.

Why in the world would a 3rd round pick be satisfaction? Does not make sense or cents, He is much more valuable than thinking like that.

Wait for the best opportunity to get a steal, like teams have pulled on us for the centuries..ie Mike Shanahan with Bailey and Portis, Which Shanny pulled off by the way.

Its about time we stop acting like a scared monky and hand it to some of the teams to improve ours.

Our other option is to sit Albert and wait for him to come around.

By the way, did not any of of you hear we are not letting Albert or McNabb go, or were you on the moon eating crackers and soda pop at the time of the announcement?

agree with some of the other posts, hold him and get true value. (Of course though, I'd love to see the sorry a** made an example of and ride the bench the rest of his "career" here....that would send a signal to the future free agents that Washington isn't just a check-cashing machine; you have to perform!)

If they want Fat Albert so bad, they should give up a first round pick for him. Enough with settling....we don't have to trade him and we can let him rot on the pine for a season, but if a team is desperate enough to trade for him, they better be willing to part with a high draft pick.

It's hilarious that Suh is the person to listen to in trying to bring in an 8 year vet. It kind of shows how well Suh has played his cards thus far and how badly Haynesworth has that he has no say or respect whereas Suh does as a 2nd year player now.

since we've already paid him the bulk of his money ... and the season is over ... we need to stick to our guns and get some value for him. No point in giving him away now. Let the Lions and Titans bid for his services.

I have faith that Bruce and Shanny are not letting this guy walk for peanuts, only to face the Lions later in the year. They will get a deal worked out. We need more than a 4th for everything we have gone through with this guy.

It's hilarious that Suh is the person to listen to in trying to bring in an 8 year vet. It kind of shows how well Suh has played his cards thus far and how badly Haynesworth has that he has no say or respect whereas Suh does as a 2nd year player now.

Suhey is overated. Watch. You willl see

Ok.... So by a raising of the hands. Who was on the moon?

(When Bruce said McNabb and Hellsworth was Not going anywhere?)

Teams are trying to play this team as joke as if Management here rides the Little Bus.

Coaches are looking at what Albert did with little time in there on those few plays he dominated and are saying "Lets steal him away from the little man, still unaware Bruce and Shanny is in the Hisss House. .....telling them break youself off son...nothing less than a first or one of YOUR dominant players ...fooool.

Nothing less than a dominant player in exchange for a DOMINANT player...NOTHING LESS.

---------- Post added January-17th-2011 at 09:59 AM ----------

And you're going off what to back that up? He was a stud in college, and a stud in his rookie season.

Did you watch every game? Or were you on the moon. I said overated. Thats what I meant.

Ok.... So by a raising of the hands. Who was on the moon?

(When Bruce said McNabb and Hellsworth was Not going anywhere?)

Teams are trying to play this team as joke as if Management here rides the Little Bus.

Coaches are looking at what Albert did with little time in there on those few plays he dominated and are saying "Lets steal him away from the little man, still unaware Bruce and Shanny is in the Hisss House. .....telling them break youself off son...nothing less than a first or one of YOUR dominant players ...fooool.

Nothing less than a dominant player in exchange for a DOMINANT player...NOTHING LESS.

---------- Post added January-17th-2011 at 09:59 AM ----------

Did you watch every game? Or were you on the moon. I said overated. Thats what I meant.

And you still haven't said what you're basing that off of lol...I guess I was on the moon, too, or on Saturn or Xernonia Space Station 9 or wherever it is that Suh looked completely legit this season.

How about Haynesworth, Carter and our no.1 (10), for Detroit's number 1 (13) and Detroit's no.3 (75).

According to the Draft Value Chart this basically is Detroit trading a 4th for Haynesworth and Carter (+150 (moving 13 to 10) - 220 (75th pick) = 70 (which is the value of 16th pick in the 4th round).

It is face saving and away out of last seasons trade talks: for the skins who do not want to trade AH for a 4th (supposedly) and the Lions who don't want to trade more than that for him (supposedly again).

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

And you still haven't said what you're basing that off of lol...I guess I was on the moon, too, or on Saturn or Xernonia Space Station 9 or wherever it is that Suh looked completely legit this season.

Some players are a product of the system they play in. Take Albert for instance, he has only shown a small amount of success in the 3-4, they said he dominated in the 4-3, not so did well in the 4-3. Other players like Ray Lewis show they can dominate in any system. Suh is the product of the system he plays in. Time will tell if he is a Ray Lewis with that great intangible. When offenses begin to figure him out, New York lights are out, bet on it.

---------- Post added January-17th-2011 at 10:40 AM ----------

I think Detroit would be willing to give up more IMO than Tennessee.

---------- Post added January-17th-2011 at 10:24 AM ----------

Suh is overrated? Wow...

Close your mouth, you left it wide open. The statement is not breath taking. Just a statement.

Archived