Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Cam Newton BCS Championship thread

Stadium-Armory

You forgot to mention that he is so down to earth he drives a moped around campus. A moped! What a guy.

I've heard plenty of interviews and seen plenty of smiles and plenty of sound bites. I'm in SEC country too RCS. I believe Newton knew about what Cecil was doing. That is recent enough to continue a pattern that I don't view as typical of a future franchise QB.

I don't think he did simply because of the timeline of what happened. Newton's Dad didn't even meet Rogers, the agent, until the day of his official visit to MSU. Cam wasn't with them. He was on campus while Cecil and Rogers were at the hotel. I think his Dad probably told him what happened on their way home but that would still have been after the fact. The NCAA investigated this for 10 months, not just a few weeks after the news hit. Part of that time was with the Newton's lawyer present which tells me there depositions given under oath. The NCAA was satified that Cam didn't know.

Leadership skills? if the stuff he pulled at his other stops are any clue he lacks that

---------- Post added January-10th-2011 at 08:17 PM ----------

You forgot to mention that he is so down to earth he drives a moped around campus. A moped! What a guy.

I've heard plenty of interviews and seen plenty of smiles and plenty of sound bites. I'm in SEC country too RCS. I believe Newton knew about what Cecil was doing. That is recent enough to continue a pattern that I don't view as typical of a future franchise QB.

Agreed what you do off the field is just as important as what you do on it

This kid will turn our morbid franchise around. Its going to be on the "brain trust" to make the call and draft him.

---------- Post added January-10th-2011 at 08:21 PM ----------

OT but did anyone see the Auburn fan in black face with his Newton Jersey on? How did this dude think that was anywhere near a good ideal lls & smh

smh.... tell me that isn't true? Jesus Christ

smh.... tell me that isn't true? Jesus Christ

I didn't see it but I think it wasn't meant maliciously. However, I also think it's a bad idea. I remember people insisting in the tailgate, other than a few people who backed me, that a Dallas cheerleader who put on blackface for her Li'l Wayne costume didn't do anything wrong (in her off hours for a Halloween party.) Sure, intention matters more but it is revealing. I don't think most people who aren't black really get the history or what it seems to imply when someone dresses up in black/brown-face.

OH WAIT--I think I just saw that! LOL WOw, guy is wearing one of those leather helmets but seems to be wearing dark makeup on his skin. Oy gevalt!

I didn't see it but I think it wasn't meant maliciously. However, I also think it's a bad idea. I remember people insisting in the tailgate, other than a few people who backed me, that a Dallas cheerleader who put on blackface for her Li'l Wayne costume didn't do anything wrong (in her off hours for a Halloween party.) Sure, intention matters more but it is revealing. I don't think most people who aren't black really get the history or what it seems to imply when someone dresses up in black/brown-face.

OH WAIT--I think I just saw that! LOL WOw, guy is wearing one of those leather helmets but seems to be wearing dark makeup on his skin. Oy gevalt!

Blackface? Like make up? lol

---------- Post added January-10th-2011 at 05:29 PM ----------

Diplomat YES they showed that guy again with his face painted....that's CRAZY who in their right mind does that?

You guys sure it wasnt dark blue?

wow @ the idea of people thinking its ok. That is ridiculous. Those fans should be ashamed of themselves.

You guys sure it wasnt dark blue?

I would hope it was but it really didn't look DARK enough to be blue makeup. It, uh, looked like a 'tasteful' skin tone makeup job. I mean, I guess no one does the old Minstrel show makeup unless they're really trying to be historical or offensive but yeah, I am thinking this guy is just oblivious.

Sidenote: After that dallas Cheerleader flap, Deron Williams was photographed wearing 'whiteface' for a Halloween outfit. Still stupid, IMO.

so stoked, I hope he does well so we can finally set our sights on someone we have a chance at drafting

I agree with this statement, but probably not in the way you meant it...I want him to have a ridiculously good game and do excellent in pre-draft activities. Same with Mallett.

All so that Gabbert falls to us at 10.

I would hope it was but it really didn't look DARK enough to be blue makeup. It, uh, looked like a 'tasteful' skin tone makeup job. I mean, I guess no one does the old Minstrel show makeup unless they're really trying to be historical or offensive but yeah, I am thinking this guy is just oblivious.

Sidenote: After that dallas Cheerleader flap, Deron Williams was photographed wearing 'whiteface' for a Halloween outfit. Still stupid, IMO.

Very tasteless and stupid , but its kinda funny.

well im sure there will be a big swoon (either positively or negatively) based on Newtons play tonight.

i am unsure exactly what i think of him so far. i can tell you one thing. if we do have him, at least we will have gotten a playmaker, even if it is at qb. the kid backed up tebow for a couple seasons, and is just getting the hype he feels he deserves. that alone should motivate him n the nfl for a couple of seasons.

i think he is the definition of a high risk-high reward prospect.

anyways, isnt this game being broadcasted in 3d?

Ok apparently the fan was attempting to resemble the heisman trophy. Still, when you're in the mirror putting on black/brown/tan makeup, something in the back of your head should say "WTF am I doing?" lol

LOL OK, I guess that's a pass on that but that is actually kind of hilarious. Like I said, I think he is just oblivious.

I hate the obnoxious and arrogant SEC fanbase, so that's another reason to root against the Tigers.

Did they wet the field prior to the game, what the hell?

Archived