Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TotalProSports: Albert Haynesworth rated 6th Biggest D-bag of 2010 (MET)

Chase M

"Haynesworth’s inability to pass a basic conditioning test after being awarded one of the more handsome contracts in the history of the NFL gave ammo to not only every Skins fan, but everyone who has ever tossed around the argument that pro athletes are complacent jerks. Sadly, in this instance, they were right.

Looking a gift horse square in the mouth, Albert ****ed about the new defensive scheme, then, like a toddler, decided he was taking his ball and going home. Not directly, mind you, but by phoning in every aspect of his presence on the Redskins football club. Rarely do you see a players fall from grace happen in such short order as we did with Haynesworth."

http://www.totalprosports.com/2010/12/31/9-biggest-douchebag-athletes-of-2010/

Albert should have been at 5 in my opinion, shanahan definitly in the top 10

:gus: ....gotta love ES....the idiocy never ceases to amaze me....the idea that Shanahan should be mentioned is beyond ludicrous. You're talking about a HOF coach that stepped in, cleaned house, quit letting the patients run the asylum, and established a true disciplined culture in his first year.

The guy should have a frickin shrine built after the crap he's had to endure his first year here. If anything, the Washington media should be listed for slanting everything and leading the sheep to believe the "locker room is in turmoil" BS they spoon feed everyone...

:gus: ....gotta love ES....the idiocy never ceases to amaze me....the idea that Shanahan should be mentioned is beyond ludicrous. You're talking about a HOF coach that stepped in, cleaned house, quit letting the patients run the asylum, and established a true disciplined culture in his first year.

The guy should have a frickin shrine built after the crap he's had to endure his first year here. If anything, the Washington media should be listed for slanting everything and leading the sheep to believe the "locker room is in turmoil" BS they spoon feed everyone...

Thank you! Glad someone else agrees with me about our head coach. Our media is absolutely horrible. Im not kidding outside of NY what other media simply makes a living off of bashing their home teams? Sure Snyder has done harm to the organization however bringing in Shannahan was a huge step in the right direction. Someone get Lavar & bmitch out of the radio business. They are killing this team!

Thank you! Glad someone else agrees with me about our head coach. Our media is absolutely horrible. Im not kidding outside of NY what other media simply makes a living off of bashing their home teams? Sure Snyder has done harm to the organization however bringing in Shannahan was a huge step in the right direction. Someone get Lavar & bmitch out of the radio business. They are killing this team!

It'll just make it that much sweeter when we have a consistent winner under Shanahan to watch them backtrack, trip over themselves, and act like they supported him since Day 1 when it happens. Keep up the fantastic work, Mike.

Oh yeah, and to get back on topic of the thread....Albert - you can still #*@*@&*!&*^$&^*@)*!*&%*&*#&**@%%!&*&!! yourself...

Hail.

Oh hell yeah11vjdw6.gif

As for Haynesworth....poopthreadvv9aj6.gif

exactly

yes

It'll just make it that much sweeter when we have a consistent winner under Shanahan to watch them backtrack, trip over themselves, and act like they supported him since Day 1 when it happens. Keep up the fantastic work, Mike.

Oh yeah, and to get back on topic of the thread....Albert - you can still #*@*@&*!&*^$&^*@)*!*&%*&*#&**@%%!&*&!! yourself...

Hail.

correct

SWFL - that dancing banana is hilarious...all the while strangely creepy and soothing simultaneously... :)

:paranoid: ......yes

I'm a massive fan of the HC, and firmly believe he has on the right track to get back to were we've so craved to be for so long. And the way he's changed the whole culture here as you mentioned above has been refreshing and long overdue with this franchise.

But he's brought a lot of totally unnecessary drama upon himself and this franchise this year. Haynesworth should of been traded by the deadline, instead of being kept around around which lead to more tawdry, public slanging matches between player and coach. Then there was McNabb being pulled in Detroit. Whatever the reason, and whether you agreed or disagreed, that could of been nipped in the bud straight after the game by a little honesty, instead of one spurious excuse after another for the next 24 hours to keep that media circus going. And just this past month we've had him publicly getting involved with a tawdry war of words with McNabb's bonehead agent, when he'd of been FAR better served keeping his own council.

Let's not pretend Coach Mike has been perfect in year one. He's made a lot of mistakes his first year back, and as such has had some very legitimate doubts raised and rightly asked by many. I don't know if he deserves to be on this list, but he's certainly not free from being called a d/bag for the public way he's washed a lot of our dirty linen this year.

Hail.

I'm a massive fan of the HC, and firmly believe he has on the right track to get back to were we've so craved to be for so long. And the way he's changed the whole culture here as you mentioned above has been refreshing and long overdue with this franchise.

But he's brought a lot of totally unnecessary drama upon himself and this franchise this year. Haynesworth should of been traded by the deadline, instead of being kept around around which lead to more tawdry, public slanging matches between player and coach. Then there was McNabb being pulled in Detroit. Whatever the reason, and whether you agreed or disagreed, that could of been nipped in the bud straight after the game by a little honesty, instead of one spurious excuse after another for the next 24 hours to keep that media circus going. And just this past month we've had him publicly getting involved with a tawdry war of words with McNabb's bonehead agent, when he'd of been FAR better served keeping his own council.

Let's not pretend Coach Mike has been perfect in year one. He's made a lot of mistakes his first year back, and as such has had some very legitimate doubts raised and rightly asked by many. I don't know if he deserves to be on this list, but he's certainly not free from being called a d/bag for the public way he's washed a lot of our dirty linen this year.

Hail.

I disagree. He doesn't "owe" the media or us anything. It's the media that blows things out of proportion and he is in no way obligated to be completely open and honest with the media (or us). He was brought in to do a job and he's doing it. The drama-queens are gonna make noise and make him look bad, but at the same time he has the attention of the guys that ACTUALLY want to play for this team.

I disagree. He doesn't "owe" the media or us anything. It's the media that blows things out of proportion and he is in no way obligated to be completely open and honest with the media (or us). He was brought in to do a job and he's doing it. The drama-queens are gonna make noise and make him look bad, but at the same time he has the attention of the guys that ACTUALLY want to play for this team.

Couldn't agree more as regards the media. He owes them jack.

"Us", on the other hand, he owe's at the least a modicum of dignity being as he's in the privileged position of being the head football coach of this franchise. He brought all those instances I mentioned on himself by choosing to get involved in two of them publicly when he shouldn't of; and by coming out with a string of B/S in the other that kept the circus going that week when the Detroit thing could of been over before it started.

Nobody to blame but himself the way those three incidents came down on him through the press.

Hail.

Couldn't agree more as regards the media. He owes them jack.

"Us", on the other hand, he owe's at the least a modicum of dignity being as he's in the privileged position of being the head football coach of this franchise. He brought all those instances I mentioned on himself by choosing to get involved in two of them publicly when he shouldn't of; and by coming out with a string of B/S in the other that kept the circus going that week when the Detroit thing could of been over before it started.

Nobody to blame but himself the way those three incidents came down on him through the press.

Hail.

I see where your coming from and in the recent presser he said he wished he handled the detroit thing different, which is understandable. I still want him to be as shrewd as possible to everyone outside of the organization though. I'm hoping the new blood they bring in this year will put a fresh face on a team that really needs one and get some more positivity going.

I love the way he give's as little as possible to the media in his press conferences. It's very Gibb-esq. Frustrating at times as a fan, but the way you want your HC to be. (As opposed to Zorn who'd all but give the next week's game plan away if you kept him talking long enough.).

There's been a lot of mistakes his first year back that I'm sure Coach Mike would do differently a second time; but the good he's done in year one far outweighs the mistakes. All you can do is learn from them going forward.

Hail.

Actually Shanny didn't make the list. I do think Albert should rated #3 though. I'd put Big Ben at #2 and leave Floyd at #1.

Why would Shanahan make the list when its pertaining to athletes maybe its just me but I thought coaches were seperate from athletes

Can't disagree, and 1000% agreed that we all would have been better served by trading before the deadline, although we'll never know who ultimately made that call. Watching his actions through biased rose-colored glasses, I tend to lean that it was a hand forced upon him, and when it got to the point he couldn't take it anymore, he cut his losses and sat him. I might be COMPLETELY wrong, but that's how I viewed it.

Agreed, and he's even admitted some of those shortfalls. He's been far from perfect, but certainly to group him with Roethlisberger & Pretty Boy "I'm Scared of Pacman" Floyd is absurd.

images%3Fq%3Dslow%2Bclap%2Bgif&zoom=1&q=slow+clap+gif&usg=__xJauJLdfiCwlU4gPH50dTKpx8Fk=&sa=X&ei=j_0kTeIBxoCUB5iY6M8B&ved=0CBkQ9QEwAA

If there's room on this bandwagon, I'd like to jump aboard.

Shanny spent the year fixing what Snyder brought about by hiring Fat Albert in the first place. Secondly, the culture of players running past the coaches to the owner was another Snyder practice that Shanahan brought to an end. Long overdue. Fat Albert is a putz.

Archived