Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hopefully this kind of disrespect against Patrick is coming to an end...

Larry Brown #43

hold on...I have the highest expectations for PR like the rest of you...but he has demonstarted a tendancy to breakdown under a passrush. he's young, learning and improving. he made several bad audibles last night: is this because he didn't ecognize the deense or the D changed after his audible? again...another experience matter. we will find out if he can bring the rteam back from behind later on in the year. he's only played 6 games- give him some room to devlop, he's not there yet.

Lisntening to WFAN right now - John Madden is on.

You'd think Ramsey played the worst game of his life last night.

"He's got a good arm but he's not accurate...and that's just the way this kid is gonna be."

Hey, thanks for the vote of confidence you old fart. Go join all the haters. :hammer:

I'm not sure how inaccurate a guy is when he completes 73 percent of his passes and his first 15 balls hit receivers in the hands. I don't expect Ramsey to be THIS accurate all year or anything, but, you can't really question his accuracy after this game and come off at all intelligent.

Well said, Art. I wasn't trying to suggest that Patrick doesn't have room to develop. But what irritates me is that most people don't even want to acknowledge that he MAY one day become a legit QB. At best, he's an afterthought to most reporters. When he starts lighting other teams up, expect the haters to launch into spin-control mode. They'll act like they were behind him from Day 1.

From a Jet fan...

"The D did not play that well last night - the score was as close as it was because Washington shot themselves in the foot with penalties and turnovers, and their QB is PATRICK RAMSEY!"

They act like Patrick is some undrafted rookie free agent. He was drafted in the first round for a reason.

:gus:

Ramsey's throw to Coles off balance after ducking the rusher and his TD pass to McCants were ones that a number of starting quarterbacks in the NFL would not have been able to make.

Jets fans took the 41-0 wildcard victory in 2002 over Indy too seriously. It gave them a false sense that their team is knocking on the door to a championship, when in reality even with Pennington they are not that good yet :)

6th start - I can't remember any QB looking that good in his 5th start. With all that pressure and national exposure and the poor play by his tackles that, I'm sure, he counted on for a little more protection from. He showed so much in the intangible department last night. How anyone could not be impressed is simply a Danny hater...nothing more, nothing less.

Sure PR is going to have bad games and bad halves, but he's clearly got the skills, physical and mental, to succeed in this league. It's sad to see such wonton unprofessionalism by these "sportswriters".

Originally posted by Art

I'm not sure how inaccurate a guy is when he completes 73 percent of his passes and his first 15 balls hit receivers in the hands. I don't expect Ramsey to be THIS accurate all year or anything, but, you can't really question his accuracy after this game and come off at all intelligent.

And don't forget that that was during a half of football when this poor, inaccurate soul was averaging something like 10 yards per attempt.

Why people have so much trouble complimenting a genuinely likeable and improving football player is beyond me. :hammer:

The thing he still needs to prove is if he can read a zone defense. It's clear he can pick apart man coverage

I remember hearing SOS say after that game that the Jets ran a zone the entire game. One of the few plays that wasn't zone was the one where Patrick ran for 24 yards. That being said, I think Patrick really read the zone well.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Larry Brown #43

courtesy of Shaun Powell, NewsDay:

"Once again, Snyder shows his football genius by buying a wideout before finding a quarterback to get him the ball. That's like getting a silk necktie without having a suit."

Thanks for the insight, Shaun. Too bad we didn't have a QB to get the ball to #80 last night. :moon:

*bump*

I was searching for something else, but came across this.

Shall we send Mr. Powell a polite inquiry into how his Jets are doing, and sign it "Patrick Ramsey"? :evil:

Originally posted by redman

*bump*

I was searching for something else, but came across this.

Shall we send Mr. Powell a polite inquiry into how his Jets are doing, and sign it "Patrick Ramsey"? :evil:

Thanks, Redman, for finding my old thread. :) If anyone comes across an email address for Powell, feel free to post it. I couldn't find one on the Newsday site when I orginally started this thread.

Here's his bio (WARNING: LOTS of pop up ads):

Prior to joining Newsday in 1993, Shaun Powell was a sports columnist for the St. Louis Globe Democrat, the Dallas Times Herald and the Miami Herald; a pro-basketball columnist for The Sporting News, and a freelance writer at Basketball Digest, Inside Sports, and Sports Illustrated. His columns have been recognized with numerous awards including: The Associated Press Sports Editors' First Place award for Best Story in 1986; APSE's First Place for Best Enterprise Reporting in 1988 and 1996; The New York Associated Press' Best Sports Story award in 1995; and the New York Deadline Club's Best Sports Story award in 1999.

Powell is often a guest commentator on a variety of sports programs and has been featured on CNN, ESPN TV and radio, the Madison Square Garden Network, MSNBC, ABC sports radio, WFAN, One-On-One Sports radio, and the Metro Channel's Game Face show. A former president of the Professional Basketball Writers Association, Powell is a member of the National Association of Black Journalists. He hails from Pittsburgh and holds a Bachelors degree in Journalism from Howard University.

Archived