Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's bury the Giants this weekend and put Coughlin out of his misery.

tr1

;8074409']Every team I think has been ruined by injuries at some position. Ours just happened to be WR. Looking forward to having Hixon' date=' Smith, and Nicks back at full strength next year.[/quote']

isn't Smith supposed to get paid after this year? i can't imagine him getting as much as he would have if he was healthy. he had his breakout season one year too early.

isn't Smith supposed to get paid after this year? i can't imagine him getting as much as he would have if he was healthy. he had his breakout season one year too early.
If Coughlin stays, the Giants have no choice but to re-sign Smith. He's the only WR we have that fully understands the Giants' over-complicated passing offense. 16 weeks into the season, both Manningham and Nicks still make frequent errors determining which route to run.
;8074409']Every team I think has been ruined by injuries at some position. Ours just happened to be WR. Looking forward to having Hixon' date=' Smith, and Nicks back at full strength next year.[/quote']But that's usually at spots where they don't have a ton of depth. Like safety on the Giants last year. Or the Skins and their offensive line. WR was the deepest spot on the team. The Giants could afford to cut a solid player like Hagan because they had so much talent there. Before the season, I would have never believed that the Giants would become so desperate for a WR that they would need to raid the UFL for a possible starter.

Despite all the talk about drafting, I think it would be in the best interest of the Redskins (especially it's fans) to win this game. I have not done the math (nor do I intend to), but it seems to me the draft pick between 6-10 and 7-9 doesn't seem big to me, and as a huge 'Skins fan, I think beating the Giants would give great momentum going into 2011, as well as putting a horrible losing streak to NYG put to bed. I realize we are not as talented as some of the teams in the league, but I think we still have a lot of talent that many of the fans on ES have underestimated. Given some time, patience, smart drafting, and good utility of current talent, I think Shanahan can build this team into a playoff contender as early as next year. Here's to hoping I'm right. Cheers.

Based on what I think other teams will finish at this week, I have Skins picking 9th if they lose, 13th if they win. So I agree with you.

---------- Post added December-29th-2010 at 03:59 PM ----------

oh, and Giants aren't going to the playoffs even if they win. Bears have secured homefield advantage and don't have a reason to play their starters. Packers are a good team, needing a win, and will face a bunch of Bears back-ups.

I would think knocking the Packers out of the playoffs would be "something to play for" in the eyes of the Bears players and coaches :yes:...

I read an article (and I will post it when I find it again) where the Bears have every intention on playing that game like they need to win it.

Edited: Here it is:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/29/bears-insist-they-will-be-full-go-against-packers/

Given what we've been through in Washington, I think it's absolutely laughable that the Giants are ready to scapegoat a man that brought them a Super Bowl win against a undefeated regular season team. I'll never understand why we're vilified for giving up on our personnel too easily when the fanbase of every other NFC East team has the patience of a 3-year-old brat (well, Dallas's fanbase isn't that bad, but NY's and Philly's make us look like saints).

Given what we've been through in Washington, I think it's absolutely laughable that the Giants are ready to scapegoat a man that brought them a Super Bowl win against a undefeated regular season team. I'll never understand why we're vilified for giving up on our personnel too easily when the fanbase of every other NFC East team has the patience of a 3-year-old brat (well, Dallas's fanbase isn't that bad, but NY's and Philly's make us look like saints).

elimanning.jpg

I don't understand firing a coach after going 9-7, but I really hope they do that.
So do I. After the Packers won, I was actually rooting for you guys. Instead, now I'll probably get the pleasure of sitting through yet another second half collapse next season. The only bright side: The Redskins have now not at any point held a lead in a game against the Giants for 3 consecutive seasons.

;8081352']Tom Coughlin will definitely be back next year per a Tweet by Mara just moments ago.

Coughlin should definitely be back. The Giants are far from the level of crappiness that is getting other coaches fired. He must have set the bar pretty high if a 10-6 record isn't getting it done in today's NFL.

;8081352']Tom Coughlin will definitely be back next year per a Tweet by Mara just moments ago.

I, for one, am elated Coughlin will be back. He's put your team in the predicament we'd been in for so long: Winning enough to get mediocre position in the draft for year after year...and, players who pretty much figure they're around as long as the coach survives.

The Skins will be better next year, and the division will pay the price for it.

A lot of team's fanbases are guilty of having the patience of a three-year-old.

Unfortunately, the Redskins are actually owned by someone with the patience of a three-year-old.

---------- Post added January-2nd-2011 at 09:39 PM ----------

I, for one, am elated Coughlin will be back. He's put your team in the predicament we'd been in for so long: Winning enough to get mediocre position in the draft for year after year...and, players who pretty much figure they're around as long as the coach survives.

Coughlin in NY: 6-10, 11-5 (div title), 8-8, 10-6 (SB Champ), 13-3 (div title), 8-8, 10-6

You're comparing THAT to the Skins record since 2004??

Coughlin in NY: 6-10, 11-5 (div title), 8-8, 10-6 (SB Champ), 13-3 (div title), 8-8, 10-6

You're comparing THAT to the Skins record since 2004??

Coughlin has just missed the playoffs for the second year in a row.

At mid-season the year they went to the SB and won it, there was talk of firing him.

If he starts slow next year or misses the playoffs, he's gone.

This is the beginning of the decent of the Giants.

The Skins will be better next year, and the division will pay the price for it.

hahahaha. The Skins picked up 2 games from last year, a year in which the WORST coach in NFL history was on board.......and how will they be a threat to anyone in the division. They dont have a QB, and if they do draft one, that will be 2-3 years away.........Gotta tell ya, the Skins will be in last place again next year. I dont see where they are going to be better?

hahahaha. The Skins picked up 2 games from last year, a year in which the WORST coach in NFL history was on board.......and how will they be a threat to anyone in the division. They dont have a QB, and if they do draft one, that will be 2-3 years away.........Gotta tell ya, the Skins will be in last place again next year. I dont see where they are going to be better?

I agree with you. The Redskins need a QB, they need probably 2-3 linebackers (fletcher won't last forever, alexander, jarmon, macintosh are not good in the 3-4), 1 more safety, at least another corner, some dline help (vonnie holliday is ancient), and receivers. It most likely will be another year before they are consistently competitive.

I love TR1's schtick, but when he talks about the giants all I can do is laugh. It might be because the giants are 14-3 in their last 17 games against the skins, and I don't expect it to improve for them next season. The skins need a QB to build around first and then develop him and a supporting cast.

I love TR1's schtick, but when he talks about the giants all I can do is laugh. It might be because the giants are 14-3 in their last 17 games against the skins, and I don't expect it to improve for them next season. The skins need a QB to build around first and then develop him and a supporting cast.

Time will tell...we can revisit this post next year at this time.

The Giants are in a steep decline.

Yes, 10-6 is just dismal. :rolleyes:

haha I was going to say, the Giants won 2 more games this year than they did last year. Hmmm who else did that? Oh yeah the Skins but for whatever reason they are quickly on the rise and the rest of the NFCE needs to watch out according to some people.

;8083624']Wow' date=' how many times have I heard this the last 6 or 7 years.[/quote']

From me? Twice.

---------- Post added January-3rd-2011 at 07:17 PM ----------

haha I was going to say, the Giants won 2 more games this year than they did last year. Hmmm who else did that? Oh yeah the Skins but for whatever reason they are quickly on the rise and the rest of the NFCE needs to watch out according to some people.

And, when they had a chance to win the division out right, what did they do?

They sucked...that's what they did.

Prepare for more suckage.

Archived