Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Appreciation: Santana Terrell Moss

RBClintonPortis

The 4th All-time Redskin receiver (after Monk, Taylor and Clark) has fully separated himself from the Henry Ellards, Ricky Sanders, Charlie Browns etc, with his 3rd 1,000 yard season in 6 years. In Redskin’s history, I submit, it is no longer the Big Three (w. Monk above the other two) and then everybody else, but the Big Three, then Moss, then everybody else.

No Bobby Mitchell???

I have no problem keeping Moss for a couple more years as long as we pick up a true #1 receiver. As for Portis, I'm sorry. If he could stay healthy, and accept vet minimum, he would be great for 5-10 carries a game and in for blocking situations, but we all know he'll be hurt before week 5. The last thing we need is for him to go down again and us stuck with a 3rd stringer or practice squad guy as the backup.

The funny thing about Moss is Daniel Snyder wanted to draft him in 2001. Instead Marty drafted Rod Gardner, who Gibbs ended up trading away for a 6th round draft choice after the 2004 season. Thanks to Laverneous Coles wanting a trade, we ended up with Santana Moss. Moss is among the elite WRs in the NFL, but he doesn't get that respect the he deserves. Something tells me Bruce Allen will make him an offer or maybe place the franchise tag on him. It wouldn't be logical to let a player who has meant so much to the team get away via free agency. If Moss became a solid #2 WR and the Redskins drafted either Julio Jones or A.J. Green, along with Anthony Armstrong, the passing game would soar to new heights. I'm hoping that Santana Moss stays put in Washington.

The #s are the #s but you can ask, who else have we had? Since hes been here, hes been the man while the BIG 3 had to share catches. I remember more crucial drops or tipped passes that got intercepted. If we had won more often, we would remember those good games hes had, but they didnt translate into wins so who cares.

The #s are the #s but you can ask, who else have we had? Since hes been here, hes been the man while the BIG 3 had to share catches. I remember more crucial drops or tipped passes that got intercepted. If we had won more often, we would remember those good games hes had, but they didnt translate into wins so who cares.

True. Taylor had to share with Jerry Smith and Bobby Mitchell. Monk had to split with Clark and Sanders. It was nice having multiple receivers.

Let's factor in this guys hasn't had a great recevier opposite him. Cooley is about it but he's also had the likes of David Patten, Brandon Lloyd, Randle El, etc and still put up good numbers. Plus the QB's haven't exactly been Sonny or Theismann which makes his accomplishment even better

Im not sure the tag will be available if the CBA isnt signed BUT if it is you better not give TOP 10 $$$$ to a solid #2 wr. To elaborate a little on what I said before. In comparison to S.Smith (CAR), even his big games translated into more wins then Moss'

---------- Post added December-28th-2010 at 01:30 PM ----------

Let's factor in this guys hasn't had a great recevier opposite him. Cooley is about it but he's also had the likes of David Patten, Brandon Lloyd, Randle El, etc and still put up good numbers. Plus the QB's haven't exactly been Sonny or Theismann which makes his accomplishment even better

When we had the BIG 3, we were a run first, set up the deep play action passing. Even that Sonny and Joey T are HOFers, its not like they were the true passers of today, but they led their teams to victories and put up good #s for their eras

if we add two starting WR's via the draft/free agency that is two fewer linemen or safeties or other dire needs we will be filling. why get rid of one of the few good players on this team? it makes no sense.

Because he's more than likely going to want way too much money for his age. He's at that point where you don't want to loose him, but you don't want anything high priced or long term.

I agree we have bigger holes, but we can't pay him top dollar. We need guys who can take it all the way and stretch defenses. He's not that guy. If he agrees to be paid like a 3rd receiver, then I'd love to have him. If not, let him walk.

---------- Post added December-28th-2010 at 12:45 PM ----------

Are you factoring in all his drops? He's prone to fumble also. I agree that he hasn't had a spectacular supporting cast, but he's not a star receiver. You can't throw fades to him. He's too small to win body position on most corners. He's got a bad habit of dropping passes.

Like i always say, Moss has a special place in my heart for what he has done here. It will be a sad day for me personally when we let him go.

Yes he does and I would like to see him here next year aswell, hopefully with another star WR playing opposite of him.

"Santania(o)" is my favorite redskin from my my generation by far. (And my boy ST21).

He is a threat,constantly doubled and has never been a problem off the field, so whats the biggie?.

#89 can make plays, so let's get the boy PAID....as a number 2. Go get VJAX to be your #1 wideout,,

if not draft a stud in the early 2nd round, Santana/Armstrong as 2/3. Then who cares Austin

as a 4. Banks @ 5. BAM looks good on paper. I do not want to read about Malcom Kelly

making his way as a #2 on this team., guys a wasted pick act like McNabbs 2nd round

pick and just move on. Why would anyone anyone want Santana to leave. Will you be upset

if he comes back next year ? maybe to a 5 year/40 mil. Has he earned a name in Redskin

colors and ppl are ready to ship him off.Sheeeeshh! I have a feeling. Snyder will want to give

him his last payday. And If not, thanks for the memories KowBoy KiLLaH,!!!!!!! Mistas Shanahallens,

you better have someone half as good to replace him or thats gonna make me mad!!!! lol

HAIL!!!

It's hard to gauge Santana Moss' true standing among Redskins WRs, given that he has had no help at the position. Does it speak volumes for him as a skill player, that he can get open despite lack of threat on the other side of the field? Or is it a detriment, since he's the only threat and therefore receiving a disproportionate number of throws?

That said, I still think it's:

Art Monk > Charlie Taylor > Bobby Mitchell > Gary Clark > Santana Moss/Henry Ellard

Moss and Ellard are barely above Ricky Sanders, and I mean barely.

He is a threat,constantly doubled and has never been a problem off the field, so whats the biggie?.

So not getting in trouble off the field now constitutes resigning people? Heath Schuler was a clean guy? Seriously. He's A. an adult. and B. a professional athlete paid millions to do a job. I expect him to not get in trouble. That's like telling someone you take care of your children. You're supposed to!

And a threat? Do you think any D this year has game planned around Santana Moss? He's not constantly doubled. If he was, we would have other people open and getting a ton of catches. Not happening. I really like him, but the past is the past. Sign him cheap as a #2 or 3, but if he wants #1 money, let him walk and wish him well.

So not getting in trouble off the field now constitutes resigning people? Heath Schuler was a clean guy? Seriously. He's A. an adult. and B. a professional athlete paid millions to do a job. I expect him to not get in trouble. That's like telling someone you take care of your children. You're supposed to!

And a threat? Do you think any D this year has game planned around Santana Moss? He's not constantly doubled. If he was, we would have other people open and getting a ton of catches. Not happening. I really like him, but the past is the past. Sign him cheap as a #2 or 3, but if he wants #1 money, let him walk and wish him well.

Philly game planned around him and he is top 15 in receiving yards with Armstrong as the number 2.... how is he not that good? cause he had a few drops every receiver drops some. he is a lot better than ES posters make him out to be

You guys are talking like he's dead. He's a heck of a player and someone will pick him up if we are kind enough to cut him.

Ive read he can void (and will) his contract, making him a FRA. Hes a #2, so if he voids to get/chance a bigger payout, then walk.

---------- Post added December-28th-2010 at 03:33 PM ----------

For most of his tenure, we've been horrible and playing from behind, so maybe his #s are scewed. As far as drops, yeah, everyone drops some. His just seem to be at critical times in the game.

There is almost no way Santana Moss won't be a Redskin next year. We'll have to back up a truckload of cash for him--pay his demands! We simply cannot afford to let him go. You think our WR corps was a shambles this season? Just imagine what it would have been like w/o 89 on our team.

---------- Post added December-28th-2010 at 11:47 PM ----------

I really like him, but the past is the past. Sign him cheap as a #2 or 3, but if he wants #1 money, let him walk and wish him well.

So who, pray tell, would be leading our WR corps next season if we let Santana go? How do you really feel about a group consisting of Anthony "Aces" Armstrong, Terrence Austin, Brandon Banks, Malcolm Kelly and Roydell Williams? Excuse me while I go vomit.

Nah, we're going to have to pay him #1 money. He's got us over a barrel. Give him whatever he wants.

i dont think people realize how he gets 1000 yards here with the trash at qb and wr. its amazing he even gets open

Being the only WR on the team, whose worth a hill of beans, is how he racks up all those catches and yards.. He's been great for the Redskins and I appreciate him for it, but if he goes I'll not be broken hearted or anything.. The Portis, Moss, and even Fletcher era needs to be put behind us imo..

Archived