Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is the minimum requirement for you to be happy with this Franchise?

Annonymous Source

I just want to start this thread because I think that a lot of the debates going on right now in the stadium are centered around people having different levels of what they expect from this franchise. It is tough for someone like me, who would be happy with a playoff visit in the next two seasons, to discuss things with someone who expects superbowls. Every Christmas I want to be able to ask for the Redskins to make the playoffs...what are your goals for the franchise?

Post your age and your minimum requirement for being satisfied with this franchise in this thread

I have no minimum, they are the Redskins therefore I would root for them no matter the indignity.

This has nothing to do with rooting for them, something I will do my whole life regardless, It has to do with what result would make you happy with the season?

---------- Post added December-26th-2010 at 12:18 PM ----------

Can we please just ****ing win please?

So 19-0 with a SB win?

---------- Post added December-26th-2010 at 12:21 PM ----------

I agree. I look for us to be competitive and in the playoffs. Ideally, a super bowl contender. Someone said in another thread, look at the ravens, they've only one one super bowl and yet are contenders every year. I'd like to be where they are NOW.

The Ravens are a great franchise, and if we can achieve even 50% of the stability and consistency that they have then I would be very happy

Age over there <<<<< Redskins fan for the past 27 years or so.

I am happy with this franchise.

The owners given us what we want, and stepped TOTALLY back and handed over the reigns to football people. We have a two time SB winning; HoF headed HC who's hopefully shaken off the rust this first season back with the mistakes he's made; and a FO that, the McNabb pick's aside, hasn't blown picks or big money like it's predecessor. With this off-season being the first they'll have to go at a proper FA, and a decent draft hand; allied to a season of evaluating and making subtle changes to the roster to get younger going forward as we've gone along this year, I'm full of optimism for the future.

It isn't gona' happen over night, and I fully expect another few years of ups and downs, with no post-season play. But we're finally doing everything the right way, and this makes me the happiest on my team as I have been in YEARS.

Hail.

Age 20:

I just want a rebuilding plan set and executed over the next few years. I don't want to see any big free agent splashes for no reason when we aren't close to a winner. I want to see an infusion of new talent and moving on from the past. I want to see competent drafting.

And I hope as soon as possible, years and years from now we get out of that dump FedEx Field.

I'm 41. I lived through and thoroughly enjoyed the glory years.

That said, the NFL landscape is very different now than it was 20-25 years ago. I would love to have a team that is simply competitive year in and year out, with the occasional deep playoff push. I believe this is all one can realistically ask for nowadays. The Patriots and Colts are the exception rather than the rule, and any franchise be extremely fortunate to ever achieve that level of consistent success.

Oh, I'm 38, getting old, lol.

I don't really care about the record but going to the playoffs and winning there and at least not getting smoked there, and winning the SB is the goal, am I correct?

I don't want a coach who is happy to have made it to the playoffs a couple times and missing it a couple times. I want to see them destroy Dallas, NY, and Philly at least once a year each and I want to see a SB win sometime too. They don't have to win the SB every year but sooner is better than waiting 20 more years for the team to improve enough to do it again.

So to me this team isn't keeping up with my expectations at all. Actually the only teams that I'd be happy with their past 10 years is the Pats and Steelers really. I'd even be pissed to be a Colts fan having to watch the best QB in the league only get 1 shot to win the SB.

It isn't gona' happen over night, and I fully expect another few years of ups and downs, with no post-season play. But we're finally doing everything the right way, and this makes me the happiest on my team as I have been in YEARS.

Hail.

This is a very interesting perspective, and really explains alot of the debates I have seen you have on this board. I actually agree with you in a lot of ways, but you are even more content with the current direction of the franchise than I am. Great post, and thanks.

This has nothing to do with rooting for them, something I will do my whole life regardless, It has to do with what result would make you happy with the season?

So 19-0 with a SB win?

I am happy now with the team. I see progress and a light at the end of the tunnel. Fans forget that this team has sucked for so long that one year could not fix it, I think next year the ship starts gaining some steam. I like the young guys that are developing and that this coach is not afraid to be in charge and get rid of undedicated players. Obviously McNabb has disappointed Coach by not learning the offense and being able to run it properly, and obviously the team needs players, we the fans were kidding ourselves by thinking we had some decent talent. There are only 12 players on this team that should be secure going into next year, maybe 15 at the most. I am not saying all need to go but as starters I think you will see 50% TO going into next season.

But yeah, I am happy with progress at this point.

I'm 41. I lived through and thoroughly enjoyed the glory years.

That said, the NFL landscape is very different now than it was 20-25 years ago. I would love to have a team that is simply competitive year in and year out, with the occasional deep playoff push. I believe this is all one can realistically ask for nowadays. The Patriots and Colts are the exception rather than the rule, and any franchise be extremely fortunate to ever achieve that level of consistent success.

Another great post. I think you are around the average on the board, now the question is how long do you think before this franchise can achieve that?

This is a very interesting perspective, and really explains alot of the debates I have seen you have on this board. I actually agree with you in a lot of ways, but you are even more content with the current direction of the franchise than I am. Great post, and thanks.

YW man. FWIW, I always enjoy reading your views too.

I think too many people look at the "here and now", on the field; and haven't taken into account all the good work that's gone on off the field this year, from the owner on down. Has there been mistakes along the way? HELL yes, a lot of the HC's own making. But we're finally a respected, professionally run franchise again, at least off the field. Now we just need the patience to let them get it right on the field.

Hail.

I am happy now with the team. I see progress and a light at the end of the tunnel. Fans forget that this team has sucked for so long that one year could not fix it, I think next year the ship starts gaining some steam. I like the young guys that are developing and that this coach is not afraid to be in charge and get rid of undedicated players. Obviously McNabb has disappointed Coach by not learning the offense and being able to run it properly, and obviously the team needs players, we the fans were kidding ourselves by thinking we had some decent talent. There are only 12 players on this team that should be secure going into next year, maybe 15 at the most. I am not saying all need to go but as starters I think you will see 50% TO going into next season.

But yeah, I am happy with progress at this point.

Okay, great. I agree with this mindset, but what is the minimum result of the next few seasons (In W-L, or playoff results) that you would accept?

I didnt do a good job wording my question last time, sorry.

Another great post. I think you are around the average on the board, now the question is how long do you think before this franchise can achieve that?

I honestly believe that we are on that path now. It will require patience from the fanbase (something that is sorely lacking, but understandable in this era of instant gratification), and the ability to acknowledge what progress actually looks like. Incidentally, we were on the path once before IMO in Schotty's first year...but lil' Danny grew impatient and he allowed Vinny to worm his way back in, which led to the last decade of mediocrity. I sincerely hope and believe that he has learned from his mistakes.

Age 20:

I just want a rebuilding plan set and executed over the next few years. I don't want to see any big free agent splashes for no reason when we aren't close to a winner. I want to see an infusion of new talent and moving on from the past. I want to see competent drafting.

And I hope as soon as possible, years and years from now we get out of that dump FedEx Field.

Just out of curiosity, do you think that a rebuilding plan is already in place?

Also I completely agree about FedEx Field. I hate having to drive halfway to Baltimore to see the Redskins play. It almost feels like it should be a shared stadium, like in New York.

---------- Post added December-26th-2010 at 12:47 PM ----------

I honestly believe that we are on that path now. It will require patience from the fanbase (something that is sorely lacking, but understandable in this era of instant gratification), and the ability to acknowledge what progress actually looks like. Incidentally, we were on the path once before IMO in Schotty's first year...but lil' Danny grew impatient and he allowed Vinny to worm his way back in, which led to the last decade of mediocrity.

I completely agree.

BTW your sig is very distracting:)

---------- Post added December-26th-2010 at 12:48 PM ----------

Just win, baby...

So 19-0 and super bowl winners is your necessary result for a successful season?

Okay, great. I agree with this mindset, but what is the minimum result of the next few seasons (In W-L, or playoff results) that you would accept?

I didnt do a good job wording my question last time, sorry.

NO problem and it is a good thread for discussion purposes. I think really 8-8 or better next year with a eye toward improvement for the next year after that. Paloffs? Paloffs? I don't know when that could happen honestly until improvement is made.

NO problem and it is a good thread for discussion purposes. I think really 8-8 or better next year with a eye toward improvement for the next year after that. Paloffs? Paloffs? I don't know when that could happen honestly until improvement is made.

So you want to see us get to Respectability on the field in the next couple years, and then start thinking of contention. I am right there with you on that.

Thank you for the compliment. I just really saw how many of the arguments on here were being caused by differing levels of expectation, and I figured I would make this to try to do something about it.

So 19-0 with a SB win?

I'd like to see progress. Ever since I can remember we've just been failing. 2005 is really the only exception, and even then we had the worst offensive production in a playoff game victory in NFL history. If we could just get going in the right direction, I really believe we could make a run at a Super Bowl. I want to witness a championship, and soon.

Archived