Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

AsburySkinsFan

My son and I just got back from seeing On Stranger Tides, great stuff. IMO it falls right in line with the trilogy, and it picks up on the search for the Fountain of Youth. I was impressed with the themes of forgiveness, and redemption that ran through the movie. Honesty, if you like the first three, I would be surprised if you didn't also like this one. A word of caution though, the PG-13 is on it for a reason, and there is one scene where my 9 year old had his eyes covered and he watches Avatar (space smurfs).

Long live Captain Jack Sparrow!!

Oh and as of tonight the audience ratings are at 77%. :pfft:

I liked it but there was something missing.

I think the franchise has run its course and there isn't any more stories that need to be told.

:yikes: WHAT! ninja spoiler: Captain Jack needs to get the Pearl!! Oh and that doll. lol

Oh this shouldn't need to be said, but just in case. As with all Pirates of the Caribbean movies...don't leave until after the credits roll.

I thought Stranger Tides was worth seeing if you liked the first one. Good acting, though I thought stiff acting by the "religious man" brought down some good scenes with the mermaid.

Neat how the book this movie was based on, was written back in 1987. Was the book better?

Storywise, this movie is a good continuation of the Pirates saga. I went into the movie wondering how they were going to replace Bloom and Knightley. They did a good job with Gibbs and Cruz, with her being Depps' love interest.

YOU GOTTA STAY AND WATCH THE VERY END OF THE CREDITS. TRUST ME.

(ninja spoilers)After the credits, something interesting washes up, on the island Cruz is stuck on.......

It was a good movie. Better than World's End, IMO.

The main thing I didn't like, was making Blackbeard one-dimensional in the end, and not having him WTFpwn Barbossa.

My wife and I saw this movie Friday night. It was an OK movie, the 3D was extremely good in some places.

There were a lot of very predictable events in the first part of the movie. My wife and I took turns whispering to each other what was going to happen next. It got a little less predictable as the story evolved, but at the end you knew what would happen.

All in all, it was a good movie. Cruz needed to show some more cleavage and more legs, but hey, it was all good.

:yikes: WHAT! ninja spoiler: Captain Jack needs to get the Pearl!! Oh and that doll. lol

Oh this shouldn't need to be said, but just in case. As with all Pirates of the Caribbean movies...don't leave until after the credits roll.

I read that and had a feeling but didn't feel like waiting. I will probably see it again, next weekend after Hangover 2 and Kung Fu Panda 2 and this time stay for the credits.

Archived