Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Finally Got My Season Ticket Offer! I Have Some Questions

Riggins77

Last night, I got my offer to purchase season tickets after about 6 years on the wait list (if there really is one). Anyhow, due to not living in Charlotte, NC and not DC and having a 2 year old, we are going to have to go with 2 seats in the End Zone sections (410-418 or 437-445). With that in mind I have a few questions for current ticket holders or fans that frequently attend games.

1. Which section would be the best out of all of those, I was thinking sections 410, 418, 437 and 445 simply because they are as close to the corner as you can get.

2. What side does the sun effect the most? Where is it blinding you or where is it behind you etc.?

3. We will not be able to attend all of the games, as much as we love DC, 10 trips is not feasible with a near 3 year old daughter to take care of. So, where is the best place to sell your tickets that will get me close to what I paid for each ticket? The End Zone uppers are $44 per ticket, I'd like to get at least half or close to 75% of what I paid for the games we cannot attend.

4. Do they ever offer upgrades to better sections? Would I ever get a chance to go lower in another section on the sideline if I pick the End Zone uppers?

5. How good/frequent are the upgrades?

6. Can you add an extra seat later on? Eventually, I'd like to add a seat for my little girl when she gets older, so we are talking 4-5 years away, if that soon.

All help is appreciated.

Just say no.

You will be lucky to sell those seats at a discount.

They did do massive upgrades last year. I would bet upgrades will be somewhat frequent as many people are giving up their season tix.

In any event, why would you want to invest in tickets that you wont be able to sell or use?

Just say no.

You will be lucky to sell those seats at a discount.

They did do massive upgrades last year. I would bet upgrades will be somewhat frequent as many people are giving up their season tix.

In any event, why would you want to invest in tickets that you wont be able to sell or use?

Well, we should be able to attend 3-4 games a year depending on the scheduling. Also, I have a couple of friends that would buy them from me for a game or two, so I might only have to actually sell them for 2-3 games hopefully and not losing too much money. I dont care if I have to eat the cost of the preseason games, but if we go to 3 games, friends go to 2 games, then I have 3 games to sell (which is the plan).

Thanks Mark! I was already on the fence about it, now you're making me think harder lol. I'd hate to pass up the chance and then the Skins get it turned around and I have to pay out the ass for tickets buying them as single games.

Of course, we have sucked for 18 years.......:ols:

I think that the secondary ticket market bottomed last year. I've got season tickets in 130, and I attended only 2 games this year in my seats (Colts and Texans). In the end, after selling the other 8 tickets (including preseason), I attended those games at just over face value. In the past 2 years, I was seriously raked through the coals in the secondary market (especially when I've gone to the Cowboys game).

Granted, in order to come anywhere close to face value, you need to sell the Cowboys game at a significant premium, and this year's premium was very high given that the game was opening weekend. It is also much more difficult to sell upper level tickets, particularly in the end zone. But the economy is improving. I don't believe that season ticket turnover will be as bad as it has been over the last 2 years (although I acknowledge that the Shanny effect has worn off). Next year's schedule brings the Patriots and Jets. A 9 game regular season is in the not to distant future, and I don't foresee immediate increases to ticket prices. It isn't quite as terrible as some would lead you to believe.

1. Which section would be the best out of all of those, i was thinking sections 410, 418, 437 and 445 simply because they are as close to the corner as you can get.

and...

2. What side does the sun effect the most? Where is it blinding you or where is it behind you etc.?

If those are your choices i would go either 410 or 445..in those two cases the sun would largely be behind you over your left or right shoulder, depending on which you go with. I'm in 413 and the sun is off to my right, and goes down behind the stadium on that side.

3. We will not be able to attend all of the games, as much as we love dc, 10 trips is not feasible with a near 3 year old daughter to take care of. So, where is the best place to sell your tickets that will get me close to what i paid for each ticket? The end zone uppers are $44 per ticket, i'd like to get at least half or close to 75% of what i paid for the games we cannot attend.

If you are selling your tickets at a discount you can often find ab uyer here on es in the classifieds section. I've sold several sets on here. So long as you aren't expecting to make a profit you should be good. Otherwise the normal routes apply..ebay, local craigslist, etc. The earlier you sell the better. If you hang on to them until the week before game time you won't be able to give them away in a lot of cases.

4. Do they ever offer upgrades to better sections? Would i ever get a chance to go lower in another section on the sideline if i pick the end zone uppers?

Yes, upgrades occur every year. As people drop their tickets people get moved up. The whole process is kind of convoluted and random, but yeah..you will have opportunities to move to better seats

5. How good/frequent are the upgrades?

Depends on random luck and what you are willing to buy. When your account is set up on the redskins website you can go in and check off whether you want to be considered for upgrades and if you want to be considered for upgrades that change your price. For example last year i got offered to move down to the lower level, but i couldn't really afford it at the time so i passed. But if they had offered to move me lower within my same ticket-price range i could've taken it, y`see?

6. Can you add an extra seat later on? Eventually, i'd like to add a seat for my little girl when she gets older, so we are talking 4-5 years away, if that soon.

You can add extra seats, but it, like the upgrades, is dependent on availability. If there aren't any 3 seat blocks open when you are looking, you might have problems. Or you might need to get two because there are only blocks of 4 and they don't want to leave a single seat open because nobody buys single seat packages. Or maybe someone just dropped an odd amount so a spot with 3 is available. Really, adding/moving/upgrades is possible, but it all seems to be luck `o the draw. Timing.

all help is appreciated.

hth :)

Riggins, don't do it. With you being out of state and the Redskins sucking wind, this will not end well.

The second link MTH wrote and posted is the most exhaustive and accurate report I have ever seen on the Redskins ticket aftermarket.

Read it, learn it, use it.

I think that the secondary ticket market bottomed last year. I've got season tickets in 130, and I attended only 2 games this year in my seats (Colts and Texans). In the end, after selling the other 8 tickets (including preseason), I attended those games at just over face value. In the past 2 years, I was seriously raked through the coals in the secondary market (especially when I've gone to the Cowboys game).

Granted, in order to come anywhere close to face value, you need to sell the Cowboys game at a significant premium, and this year's premium was very high given that the game was opening weekend. It is also much more difficult to sell upper level tickets, particularly in the end zone. But the economy is improving. I don't believe that season ticket turnover will be as bad as it has been over the last 2 years (although I acknowledge that the Shanny effect has worn off). Next year's schedule brings the Patriots and Jets. A 9 game regular season is in the not to distant future, and I don't foresee immediate increases to ticket prices. It isn't quite as terrible as some would lead you to believe.

that's an awful lot of hassle, when you could have just bought aftermarket tickets for the couple games you went to and probably paid less.

IF you really want to be a season ticket holder, now is one of the best times to get in the door. Your initial seats are likely to be much better than at any other time becuase of the low demand caused by a bad economy and an even worse team. Contrary to some of the negative posters, a lot of us got major upgrades in seating this year because of the low demand. I went from the Row 5 upperdeck to row 14 in the lower level end zone.

IF you buy, I would recommend insisting on sideline seats (and a parking pass) with the ticket office. If you need to save money, stay above row 15. Mark's incredible ticket thread should answer all your questions about the upgrade process.

Yes, as many have pointed out, it is cheaper to get better seats for the games you want from ebay, brokers, stubhub, etc. But when/if the Skins ever return to the playoffs, those extra tickets and their relative low prices will become much more scarce; but not impossible to find. For example, I was just helping an Eagles buddy of mine here at work look for Eagles tickets for their last two games. Even the Minnesota game after Christmas is in relatively short supply and even the nosebleed tickets are still going for double face value. the Eagles/Cowboy game prices are out of sight so far this weak. So, yeah, as long as we suck, Redskins tickets will be available and cheaper. But that could change......

As far away as you live, I would stick to the aftermarket. I travel 2.5 hours from Harrisburg, PA and the drive to FedEx Field and back can be a pain. I love my season tickets, but the Skins are making it harder each year for me to justify keeping them. After 8 years in the upperdeck, I moved to the lower level endzone and love being so close to the action. But it may be better to spend some $$ on a huge wide screen HDTV instead.

It is a personal decision. Something only you can decide whether it is worth your entertainment budget. You can still be a great fan watching most games on TV and treating yourself a couple times per year. It is, after all, a very big investment for most of us.

Yes, as many have pointed out, it is cheaper to get better seats for the games you want from ebay, brokers, stubhub, etc. But when/if the Skins ever return to the playoffs, those extra tickets and their relative low prices will become much more scarce; but not impossible to find. For example, I was just helping an Eagles buddy of mine here at work look for Eagles tickets for their last two games. Even the Minnesota game after Christmas is in relatively short supply and even the nosebleed tickets are still going for double face value. the Eagles/Cowboy game prices are out of sight so far this weak. So, yeah, as long as we suck, Redskins tickets will be available and cheaper. But that could change......

It could, but it probably won't. It's not like home playoff tickets (when those days finally return) will be impossible to get - they'll just be costly. But I bet they'll still be cheaper than the cost of becoming a STH now, in the hopes of being able to buy playoff tickets from the team in 5 years or so.

I just got my offer after a 3-4 year wait. I live in Arizona and read many of the "don't do it" posts. Nevertheless, I made my down payment. I'm a life long fan and will some day retire. I hope to have good seats by then. Meanwhile, I will try to make it to DC for each year for a game or two and will sell the rest for whatever I can get. Maybe I can make a connection with someone in the DC area who wants to go in on the season tickets with me...who knows. I might take a loss when the team is doing poorly but someday I will be very glad I purchased season tickets.

I look at this way, why put you name on the list and wait years for a turn and then say no?

BTW anyone interested in Skins/Giants tickets for Jan 2. See my offer in Classified Forum for a GREAT deal.

Until this franchise proves othewise, they are not worthy of your money. The tickets are not worth what they charge and they steadily increase the price each year. They view a quality gameday experience as having everything to do with the amenities and features of the stadium. I view a quality game day experience has having a winning team that doesn't make me sick to my stomach when I'm done watching a game. Everything else is a distant second and they should offer refunds when they put a poor product on the field, since a good business is supposed to have customer satisfaction as a priority.

I just became a STH this past season...attended 3 games and was able to sell all the games I didn't attend for face value...so don't allow that to decide for you of getting them....I'm in 441....used to purchase ST from a Women in Fla (until this season of course) those seats were in 442...I have always loved to UL Endzone seats.....just my favorite (now my Wife and children when they go with me) prefer sideline seats.....

Until this franchise proves othewise, they are not worthy of your money. The tickets are not worth what they charge and they steadily increase the price each year. They view a quality gameday experience as having everything to do with the amenities and features of the stadium. I view a quality game day experience has having a winning team that doesn't make me sick to my stomach when I'm done watching a game. Everything else is a distant second and they should offer refunds when they put a poor product on the field, since a good business is supposed to have customer satisfaction as a priority.

When was the last price increase?

(I know the answer just curious to see if you do)

OP, this is really a question only you can answer. When I got my season tickets I didnt get them to sell, I didnt get them to go to 2-3 games a year. I got them because for as long as I can remember I wanted to be a Season Ticket Holder for the Washington Redskins. The "privelege" lasted 2 years for me, now I'd rather pay a fair market price for games and sit in good seats. I can't speak to selling tickets because I typically gave mine away when/if the need arose. The only game I sold a ticket to was Dallass and I sold that at face value.

Bottom lone is only you can decide if the purchase is right for you.

The tickets are not worth what they charge and they steadily increase the price each year.

Just stupid. The Skins have increased prices twice in recent years, after they made the playoffs in 2005 and 2007. So that's what, twice in the past six years minimum. Possibly longer depending on what went on pre-2005. False information like this is what drags the site down.

As to the OP's question, if you're set on buying season tickets, I sat in 410 for two years, first in Row 27, then in Row 13. The sun is generally to your back in that section. You'll get burnt on the back of your neck during early season 1:00 games, but 4:00 is no problem, and the area is shady by mid afternoon. The other side of the stadium is the side where you're looking into the sun.

It could, but it probably won't. It's not like home playoff tickets (when those days finally return) will be impossible to get - they'll just be costly. But I bet they'll still be cheaper than the cost of becoming a STH now, in the hopes of being able to buy playoff tickets from the team in 5 years or so.

I didn't word that well....I meant to say when the Skins return to the playoffs, it will be harder to get regular season game tickets because the demand will be higher. But even though playoff tickets will be available, it will be at a premium should the Skins ever be there on a regular basis. Just look at ticket prices for other teams that are in the playoffs regularly. It will take some time to attract the bandwagon fans back again. The only ones going now are pretty much us die hard fans. IF that ever happens, it will not be so easy to buy playoff tickets or at least to buy them at ar reasonable price. IF you only buy playoff tickets, then you are correct.

Just stupid. The Skins have increased prices twice in recent years, after they made the playoffs in 2005 and 2007. So that's what, twice in the past six years minimum. False information like this is what drags the site down.by mid afternoon.

:secret: The last price increase was in Feb. 2006.

The team has already announced GA ticket prices will hold for the 5th consecutive year in 2011.

Just stupid. The Skins have increased prices twice in recent years, after they made the playoffs in 2005 and 2007. So that's what, twice in the past six years minimum. Possibly longer depending on what went on pre-2005. False information like this is what drags the site down.

As to the OP's question, if you're set on buying season tickets, I sat in 410 for two years, first in Row 27, then in Row 13. The sun is generally to your back in that section. You'll get burnt on the back of your neck during early season 1:00 games, but 4:00 is no problem, and the area is shady by mid afternoon. The other side of the stadium is the side where you're looking into the sun.

:secret: The last price increase was in Feb. 2006.

The team has already announced GA ticket prices will hold for the 5th consecutive year in 2011.

Awww, come'on guys.......

I wanted him to tell me the last price increase. People spewing nonsense irk me.

Awww, come'on guys.......

I wanted him to tell me the last price increase. People spewing nonsense irk me.

Are you really irked? Did this ruin your day? I know some club seats increased from 2009 to 2010, maybe that's handled differently than general admission. So I do apologize for not fact checking in regard to the type of seats the OP is considering. I'm just trying to save someone from wasting money on this franchise. I can't imagine why you would go for season tickets being of sound mind. Who is going to refute my claim that you are paying for a poor product? Is Joe Gibbs coming back again and I didn't hear about it?

You can get tickets for 50% under face value, especially up top. If you are out of town and only plan on going to 50% of the games I would simply buy them individually. You will save a lot of time, money and effort.

But then again, we might be good in 2 years and tickets could become impossible to get. I doubt it, but you never know. I understand want to have season tickets, but in your situation I wouldn't.

Archived