Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Finally Got My Season Ticket Offer! I Have Some Questions

Riggins77

You can get tickets for 50% under face value, especially up top. If you are out of town and only plan on going to 50% of the games I would simply buy them individually. You will save a lot of time, money and effort.

But then again, we might be good in 2 years and tickets could become impossible to get. I doubt it, but you never know. I understand want to have season tickets, but in your situation I wouldn't.

Tickets will never be impossible to get at FedExField. It's not just the stadium, the whole dynamic has changed regarding the ticket aftermarket, relative to the good ole' RFK days.

Re the ticket prices, no, they haven't gone up in at least six years. BUT, many seats have doubled in price since 1999. And the last increase in '06 was damn near 40% for many lower level seats. Average it out, it's still a huge increase even six years later.

Funny - these threads come out every few months, and it's always the same comments and responses over and over. :ols:

Tickets will never be impossible to get at FedExField. It's not just the stadium, the whole dynamic has changed regarding the ticket aftermarket, relative to the good ole' RFK days.

Re the ticket prices, no, they haven't gone up in at least six years. BUT, many seats have doubled in price since 1999. And the last increase in '06 was damn near 40% for many lower level seats. Average it out, it's still a huge increase even six years later.

Funny - these threads come out every few months, and it's always the same comments and responses over and over. :ols:

I know, it is almost like we should have some person here do a all inclusive thread about ticketing and all of fans options ;)

Who knows, maybe they could even make is a sticky.

Yeah man! Buy the club level. I hear they have great rates on 10 year contracts. Maybe see about the lodge.

SUCKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

All my questions have been answered. /end thread

actually they haven't....what a douche.

Mark, your insight has proven amazing and noteworthy yet again. Call me a homer, but I just want to know I have season tickets so Im leaning towards buying them. Plus, one of my good friends told me today, get them, I'll go to games with you or buy them. So it's not entirely a wash for me.

Another question though, how strict are they at Fed Ex for moving down to empty seats if nobody is sitting there? Like you know, grade school upgrading your tickets by hopping down.

For some, it's still like finding the golden ticket in a Wonka bar.

It's just Ticket Elitism or the Ticket Elite.

"I am a Redskins Season Ticket Holder"

I was at two different car dealers in the last couple of days. Both dealers had club seats and stated how they can't give them away to customers. Nobody wants them :(

Save yourself some money and by single game tix. I held my season tix for 2 years after moving to Charlotte and lost money both years. And I found that my friends always said they wanted tickets to games but when it came down to it they never came through. IMHO better to buy single game tix to the games you want to go to plus you will get better seats.

....Plus, one of my good friends told me today, get them, I'll go to games with you or buy them. So it's not entirely a wash for me.

Another question though, how strict are they at Fed Ex for moving down to empty seats if nobody is sitting there? Like you know, grade school upgrading your tickets by hopping down.

If your friends are offering to go or buy, better get their money up front.

Re moving down ... for big games, there's not that many empty seats to move to. Depends on the game. Also, for big games there are employees checking your tix at each tunnel. But that's been lax lately. Other than that, it's easy to move down. I'm speaking here about the LL because I haven't sat upstairs since '06.

If your friends are offering to go or buy, better get their money up front.

Re moving down ... for big games, there's not that many empty seats to move to. Depends on the game. Also, for big games there are employees checking your tix at each tunnel. But that's been lax lately. Other than that, it's easy to move down. I'm speaking here about the LL because I haven't sat upstairs since '06.

Thanks for the advice Mark, and thanks to everybody's responses. It's gonna be a tough decision lol

Last night, I got my offer to purchase season tickets after about 6 years on the wait list (if there really is one). Anyhow, due to not living in Charlotte, NC and not DC and having a 2 year old, we are going to have to go with 2 seats in the End Zone sections (410-418 or 437-445). With that in mind I have a few questions for current ticket holders or fans that frequently attend games.

1. Which section would be the best out of all of those, I was thinking sections 410, 418, 437 and 445 simply because they are as close to the corner as you can get.

2. What side does the sun effect the most? Where is it blinding you or where is it behind you etc.?

3. We will not be able to attend all of the games, as much as we love DC, 10 trips is not feasible with a near 3 year old daughter to take care of. So, where is the best place to sell your tickets that will get me close to what I paid for each ticket? The End Zone uppers are $44 per ticket, I'd like to get at least half or close to 75% of what I paid for the games we cannot attend.

4. Do they ever offer upgrades to better sections? Would I ever get a chance to go lower in another section on the sideline if I pick the End Zone uppers?

5. How good/frequent are the upgrades?

6. Can you add an extra seat later on? Eventually, I'd like to add a seat for my little girl when she gets older, so we are talking 4-5 years away, if that soon.

All help is appreciated.

Having started in row 26 of section 449 (w/2 seats: 13,14), I can say you will be better off taking the 445. I did move up to row 15 in my 4th year (same section) after I added one seat - it seems they will move you up (or down, closer to the field) when you pick up extra seats. Before that, I move over 3 seats (closer to the aisle), and then down one row (same seat #'s as my original: 13, 14). This took place in each of my 1st 3 years. I have two small children, and can say - you are better off waiting longer than you originally planned. For the most part, Skins fans have a great deal of respect around small kids (exceptions occur when you get fans there for one game who come to get totally boozed up rather than watch a game). What you really have to watch for are the fans of the visiting teams - Philly, Dallas - are probably some of the worst (not all, but more so than say the Vikes or Bears). One final note on selling - it's tough! My best experience is selling them to fans on this board at cost - otherwise you will have a very difficult time unloading them without losing money.

Archived