Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Super Funtime "Blame" Poll

@DCGoldPants

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

sadly, I'm not in the humorous mood, so I chose the area that I think we could upgrade the fastest- Gano.

Just a few weeks ago, I was supportive- "let the kid grow", I said. But, his 69% on FG percentage has changed my mind.

Honestly, with just a few games left this year, I think we should battle test a copule of strong legs and then decide upon a strategy for next year. How much worse could it be?

I was expecting more blame for Danny Smith, who's special teams seem to make a huge mistake at the worst times......for years. Or Larry Michael, just because I still haven't a fan who doesn't roll his/her eyes when the name is mentioned.

Danny Smith? You realize our coverage team is one of the best in the league and has been consistently. Can't really do much with a ****ty punter and ****ty kicker he does not control the personnel

The Redskins woes are a collection of glaring weaknesses that are contributing to their, as they're often referred to as, "growing pains". The offensive line has played inconsistant as McNabb, the receivers have dropped several passes throughout the season, the defense (despite the drama of Haynesworth) has fell from grace in the top 5 to the bottom of the barrel, and add all new coaches that want to "tinkle" their scent on a team so they can attempt to inflate their egos with wins in their own fashion you get ineffectiveness. The list goes on and on, not to mention bad previous draft strategies. My vote for who has had the most influence in sabotaging this teams chance at success is Vinny Cerrato. He was nothing more than a good used car salesman. He sweet talked Snyder into being blind to his teams real needs and then pushed the blame for the teams "rough running" on other people to deflect the heat (just like a used car salesman would do). A team needs continuity to become excellent day in and day out at what they are asked to do. If you had to completely forget everything you knew about your daily routine and then replace it with all new approaches each year, then you too would likely become less effective throughout your day. The more the Redskins decide to "ditch" players as an excuse and try to bring in someone else (like using bubble gum to plug a leaky pipe), especially QB's, then they will always be mediocre at best. Out of all the problems the Redskins have and their pressing needs, Their top two (yes I said two) draft picks need to be OL. A good OL is the foundation of any successful team. Solid protection helps the run game, the passing game, gives better chance of scoring, sustains drives by allowing better time for plays to develop, and keeps the defense off the field (fresh) and the opposing offense off as well (no rythm). Without a good OL, even most of the elite QB's would struggle. Stop crying "foul" so much and doing a bunch of finger pointing, and just start putting the pieces of the puzzle together correctly. Rebuilding doesn't solve anything without a proper foundation.

At this point, I am not blaming anyone.

I just want this team to continue to get better. I want the FO to select good players in the draft and pick up worthy FA's.

We have discussed this before on this board, we are still a year or two away from contending assuming McNabb can rebound and play better. The word patience has been used lately to correctly describe what needs to happen.

And, I am little bit surprised at the OP for presenting this poll. I guess his avatar fits his current decision making process.

How can you ignore Cerrato? I would say it was a combination of Danny and Vinny spending the last 10 years trading away draft picks for over the hill, passed their prime vets that did all of their best work for their previous employers and ignoring the players in the trenches (drafting lineman) for the most part. That's what I blame any way. It took 10 years to get us here and it will take at least 2-4 years to correct at best.

No "All of the above"? When a franchise has been utter trash for the past few years, its pretty much based on a joint cause. Its just when were as bad as we have been, people find solace in blaming one absolute cause I guess to feel as though they see something no one else can or just to get some sleep. LOL

Archived