Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN - Metrodome roof collapses under snow

HapHaszard

Did you all notice the cop on horseback in there? Like I said in the Game Day thread, I just noticed it now when NBC showed the video of it at halftime. Right when it starts collapsing, he takes off at full speed and gets out just in the nick of time.

I thought I saw something moving/running away on the far sideline!!

Yup. It's hard to make him out. He's like on the 50 yard line on the far sideline. You can see him absolutely FLYING down the sideline on the horse toward the tunnel.

I thought that looked like it was time elapsed or something. I don't think he was really moving that fast as much as they were speeding up the video, the way the roof is sagging and snow is falling just doesn't look right.

I thought that looked like it was time elapsed or something. I don't think he was really moving that fast as much as they were speeding up the video, the way the roof is sagging and snow is falling just doesn't look right.

I think it's real speed. Maybe the distance of the shot makes it look a little funny? I mean you can barely see the guy. Could be wrong though.

Word on the local radio is that people are being called in to de-winterize TCF Bank stadium at the University. There are several logistical challenges to hosting a Vikes game there though -

The stadium was never meant to be used this late (this cold) in the season - for example the pipes are all currently filled with anti-freeze which has to be flushed out before they could even be used

Parking/transportation would be a nightmare bc the stadium is on campus (though it would be during finals)

The Bank only holds 50,000 people

They don't have an alcohol license (and didn't get a special one for a U2 concert there this summer)

Archived