Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Giants arrive for their game against the Vikings in Kansas City????

Tom [Giants fan]

The Giants' flight was diverted to Kansas City early this morning because of a blizzard going on in Minnesota. The Giants are going to do their Saturday walk through practice in the KC airport. The plan is to leave early tomorrow morning for Minnesota.

The NFL may change the game to a later start time if needed.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81ccfc8a/article/giants-spending-night-in-kc-minny-kickoff-time-might-change?module=HP_headlines

;8029058']The Giants' flight was diverted to Kansas City early this morning because of a blizzard going on in Minnesota. The Giants are going to do their Saturday walk through practice in the KC airport. The plan is to leave early tomorrow morning for Minnesota.

The NFL may change the game to a later start time if needed.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81ccfc8a/article/giants-spending-night-in-kc-minny-kickoff-time-might-change?module=HP_headlines

i heard this on the radio. This has to put them at a big disadvantage. It's already tough enough to play on the road but being stuck overnight has to wear on them while the Vikings players sleep in their nice comfy beds at home (or at the hotel if the players stay there the night before games).

It is nasty out this way. It may have to be an evening game.

But I heard that NBC has exclusive rights to the primetime slot on Sunday night, and that more than likely the game is moved to around 4:00 pm. Which makes the most sense, because it would not only give the Giants more time to get there, but it would also give the fans more time as well. Plus they wouldn't be out at night driving in two feet of snow.

But I heard that NBC has exclusive rights to the primetime slot on Sunday night, and that more than likely the game is moved to around 4:00 pm. Which makes the most sense, because it would not only give the Giants more time to get there, but it would also give the fans more time as well. Plus they wouldn't be out at night driving in two feet of snow.
The game can't be moved to 4 pm. That would put the Giants game in direct competition with the Jets game in the New York market. They never do that.

I just saw it too, on espn.com. Have to admit when I first seen the headline "Giants-Vikings game moved to Monday" without knowing about the snow storm coming, my first thoughts were along the lines of "they are trying to give Favre extra time to heal".

im not sure, but i think he meant double header as in there will be two monday night games now, instead of one

I took it as the double header that ESPN does its first week of the season when they have a game starting at 7 and then another one starting at 10. I'm surprised the NFL didn't turn this into a doubleheader.

Favre will do anything to keep that streak alive, won't he? Even selling his soul to the football gods to give him one extra day to heal, lol

I dunno, man. On paper, this is actually a terrible matchup for Favre. Remember that game Cutler had vs the Giants earlier? Yeah, well Favre is even less mobile than Cutler. And its even worse if Hutchinson can't go again this week. The Vikings best chance at winning this game would be for Favre to start, and then turn it over to Jackson. I think Jackson actually gives them a better shot this week. And I can't believe I'm saying this, because I'm one of Jackson's biggest critics.

I took it as the double header that ESPN does its first week of the season when they have a game starting at 7 and then another one starting at 10. I'm surprised the NFL didn't turn this into a doubleheader.

oh yea. wow, i didnt even know about how they have 2 teams on espn on monday night in week 1 until now.

I dunno, man. On paper, this is actually a terrible matchup for Favre. Remember that game Cutler had vs the Giants earlier? Yeah, well Favre is even less mobile than Cutler. And its even worse if Hutchinson can't go again this week. The Vikings best chance at winning this game would be for Favre to start, and then turn it over to Jackson. I think Jackson actually gives them a better shot this week. And I can't believe I'm saying this, because I'm one of Jackson's biggest critics.

Favre doesn't care how he PLAYS! He just wants to be behind center to start the game so his streak remains alive.

Archived