Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Homer: Andre Carter on Albert Hayneworth: "When is enough enough?"

themurf

Carter does not like playing in this D, but does so and runs around AH while he is wallowing on the ground. Props to Carter. Regardless of what defense princess played in, unless he had a clear path the the QB every play, did not have to practice and had to be a member of a team he would not be happy.

---

Carter could have quit as the defense was not his favorite, but instead he soldiered on and played.

I understand the reason why they would say it, so I can't hate on them. But i think it becomes a problem with the fans take these player assertions at face value. The reality of the situation is obvious.

I'm pretty sure most of us fans know we don't have the talent to compete. It's evident in our 10+ year records.

Very good article. Two things about it really irritate me. First, that we're underutilizing a talent such as Carter in the 3-4, a scheme switch I've never liked, and second, the waste of talent that is Albert Haynesworth. If that guy had half the work ethic of a Carter, a Monk, a Rice, or some of those other guys, he'd be in the conversation for greatest DT of all time, and a lock HOF - he's that much of a talent. Instead, he's just going to join guys like Randy Moss on the Wasted-Potential All-Stars. What a dunce.

To be fair, Haynesworth was right both times about the Skins' crappy defensive schemes. If the FO had actually listened to him the Skins' defense probably would have been better the last two years.

It reminds me of the Osi situation on the Giants last year. Just prior to the start of the season, he walked out on a defensive meeting because he was so frustrated by disagreements with then-DC Bill Sheridan. The next day, he returned, apologized, and said all the right things. But he was petulant all season long and constantly butted heads with defensive coaches. Eventually, he lost his starting job and was mostly used in pass rushing situations. People called him selfish, lazy, immature, unprofessional, and a lot of other things. But he was also right. Osi had one of his worst seasons as a pro, and the Giants had one their worst defensive seasons in franchise history. If the Giants had listened to him, things might have been different.

To be fair, Haynesworth was right both times about the Skins' crappy defensive schemes. If the FO had actually listened to him the Skins' defense probably would have been better the last two years.

Who knows if Haynesworth is right or not? How much difference would a motivated Haynesworth giving it his all make? Sometimes if the defense is crap, the reason it is crap is because of one guy not doing his bit. If you aren't where you are supposed to be and the O coordinator or qb doesn't have to account for you it makes it a heck of a lot easier to attack.

It's why a penalty play in Hockey is so advantageous.

I feel bad for guys like Carter. He only gets one career in the NFL, and he is wasting valuable years playing in a system that doesn't fit him. For his own good, and the teams, I hope that he can be traded for draft pics this offseason. He could still be around a double digit sack guy for a 4-3 team.

Very good article. Two things about it really irritate me. First, that we're underutilizing a talent such as Carter in the 3-4, a scheme switch I've never liked, and second, the waste of talent that is Albert Haynesworth. If that guy had half the work ethic of a Carter, a Monk, a Rice, or some of those other guys, he'd be in the conversation for greatest DT of all time, and a lock HOF - he's that much of a talent. Instead, he's just going to join guys like Randy Moss on the Wasted-Potential All-Stars.

Randy Moss on the Wasted-Potential All-Stars?

Have you see Randy's career stats?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MossRa00.htm

It reminds me of the Osi situation on the Giants last year. Just prior to the start of the season, he walked out on a defensive meeting because he was so frustrated by disagreements with then-DC Bill Sheridan. The next day, he returned, apologized, and said all the right things. But he was petulant all season long and constantly butted heads with defensive coaches. Eventually, he lost his starting job and was mostly used in pass rushing situations. People called him selfish, lazy, immature, unprofessional, and a lot of other things. But he was also right. Osi had one of his worst seasons as a pro, and the Giants had one their worst defensive seasons in franchise history. If the Giants had listened to him, things might have been different.

first of all, its funny you say this about Fat Al, when looking at your siggy. Just interesting...:ols:

secondly, comparing the Skins vs the Giants' situation with Osi is like comparing apples to oranges. The problem with the Skins is mostly about the lack of talent than it is about scheme (though Haslett does shoulder alot of the blame). This can be proven by the fact that we ran the 4-3 last season, he didn't like it then. We convert to 3-4 this season, he doesn't like it now. During the season we dabbed btwn both the 3-4 and 4-3, he still had issue with it. So over all we weren't effective as a defense with him on the field or off. The Giants situation may very well have been the scheme because they've had success with the same personel any other time. So when they adjusted, they were back to being dominant.

Andre' is a pure professional. He is one of my very favorite Redskins of all time simply because of his work ethic, passion for the game, and being a total team guy. i hope he is retained next season, but if not I really hope he goes somewhere that his talents are used to their fullest (just not against the Skins).

Very good article. Two things about it really irritate me. First, that we're underutilizing a talent such as Carter in the 3-4, a scheme switch I've never liked, and second, the waste of talent that is Albert Haynesworth. If that guy had half the work ethic of a Carter, a Monk, a Rice, or some of those other guys, he'd be in the conversation for greatest DT of all time, and a lock HOF - he's that much of a talent. Instead, he's just going to join guys like Randy Moss on the Wasted-Potential All-Stars. What a dunce.

Carter not only carries himself as a first-class player and person, but he also seeks council from former Redskins greats like Charles Mann because he wants to be as successful as the guys who won multiple Super Bowls and, just as importantly, gave 'Skins fans reason to cheer.

I feel bad for guys like Carter. He only gets one career in the NFL, and he is wasting valuable years playing in a system that doesn't fit him. For his own good, and the teams, I hope that he can be traded for draft pics this offseason. He could still be around a double digit sack guy for a 4-3 team.

I dont feel for him he has made quite a bit off of snyder. I think at first he admitted he let that money go to his head. Personally i thought it took to long for him to be effective when we got him i thought he was going to be a semi game changer

I dont feel for him he has made quite a bit off of snyder. I think at first he admitted he let that money go to his head. Personally i thought it took to long for him to be effective when we got him i thought he was going to be a semi game changer

Please feel free to provide a link to any article in which Andre Carter "admitted he let that money go to his head." I'm pretty sure you confused him with any one of 20 other players who have come and gone through Redskins Park during the Daniel Snyder Era.

That was a good article to read. You get another players perspective and not just some gum-flapping reporter telling us something that can't be confirmed. Haynesworth was a bad choice to sign at the price Snyder gave him. But he has the talent to do anything and everything a DT could do but he decided to ruin his career. I remember when he came here and stood up at the podium. He said that you wouldn't here a bad thing about Albert Haynesworth and that he would make the fans and the organization proud. Well I guess that was a bunch of hot air.

Archived