Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LandryHat:Cowboys Currently Sit With The Number 8 Pick In 2010 NFL Draft

tr1

I'd take it. Our corners and Safeties usually end up 14 yards away from the play. At least Rogers is in the 3-5 yard range.

You couldn't pay me enough to take either *talent*. I find it funny that the Skins players see themselves as more talented than the opponents they've played, and lost to, this year.

haha.

Consistency is more important than talent in my eyes...work ethic, dedication, football knowledge, they're all more important than talent. Will Bryant show that consistency, that dedication and work ethic, gain that football knowledge, over the next 3-4 years? We'll see. But feel free to dismiss my hesitation as unnecessary if you like lol...

I don't see how any of those qualities could be more important than talent, since they are all meaningless without it. Plenty of guys got by mostly on talent. LT was a crackhead. Randy Moss is a quitter. Plax was an idiot. Dexter Manley couldn't even read. But they all made plays on Sundays. However once a guy stops being able to run fast or hit hard, no matter how dedicated, hard working, knowledgeable, etc. that player is, he's useless.

Was OLB/DE a need for the Skins at the time? Did we run a 3-4 then?

Johnson/Jones both play RB. Out of the 3 CB's in the top 10 of that draft, we got the only one who is still a starting CB in the league.

That is an interesting fact, for some reason I was thinking Hall was drafted the same year, but it was Rolle, not Hall.

D.E was a need for us that year, but Merriman was more on the Skins radar. I don't know how ware would do in a 4-3 and I doubt he would have been a good fit for that defense under Williams, not at D.E anyway.

Demarcus Ware or Calos Rogers?

Rogers...he doesn't need anyone else or scheme to make him look good.

:ols:

---------- Post added December-10th-2010 at 10:37 AM ----------

I don't see how any of those qualities could be more important than talent, since they are all meaningless without it. Plenty of guys got by mostly on talent. LT was a crackhead. Randy Moss is a quitter. Plax was an idiot. Dexter Manley couldn't even read. But they all made plays on Sundays. However once a guy stops being able to run fast or hit hard, no matter how dedicated, hard working, knowledgeable, etc. that player is, he's useless.

There are dozens of teams that made it to the SB without one prima donna on their team. But, there are historically tons of teams with flashy talent that never went anywhere.

Football is a team sport where individual sacrifice in a necessity. Some of these guys just don't get it.

You couldn't pay me enough to take either *talent*. I find it funny that the Skins players see themselves as more talented than the opponents they've played, and lost to, this year.

haha.

wait a second.......our players being compared to yours.....we've only played once this year......we beat you.....say what now?

They do? Could you point out those posts, please?

This is the thread that I was referring to:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?340970-Homer-Andre-Carter-on-Albert-Hayneworth-quot-When-is-enough-enough-quot&highlight=Phillip+Daniels

Like others in that thread, I think that players are almost required to say things like that. Else, they will essentially be calling out their fellow team members. Still, I find it funny.

This is the thread that I was referring to:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?340970-Homer-Andre-Carter-on-Albert-Hayneworth-quot-When-is-enough-enough-quot&highlight=Phillip+Daniels

Like others in that thread, I think that players are almost required to say things like that. Else, they will essentially be calling out their fellow team members. Still, I find it funny.

So what you're saying is you have no problem if the skins players think they are more talented than your players because we beat you right?

Haynesworth and Carlos for their #1?

It would give them a troublemaker, a CB who can't catch INTs, and we would have 2 #1s, and a FO who knows what to do with them. :silly:

I'd take it. Our corners and Safeties usually end up 14 yards away from the play. At least Rogers is in the 3-5 yard range.

haha.

Goodness. Perhaps you need to read what I wrote again. Slowly.

How bout I just post it.....like I did here. So....say what now?!?!?!!? hahaha

Archived