Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Black Friday approaches

Homercles82

Yes, once again, it is the most wonderful time of the year! Where people wake up at the crack of midnight to stand in line and get their ungrateful little brats the hottest new toy that will be worthless by December 26th. Yes, it will be thrown into the closet with the Tickle-Me-Elmo and Zhu-Zhu Pets.

aeSgBL7gpAk

But, for some of us, we love black friday because it allows us to save money on things we may need for ourselves, our homes, and items are family may actually need.

Thankfully, we can get a sneak peek at these items thanks to the magic of the internet and some unscrupulous employees who scan the ads early for us.

http://bfads.net/

Plan accordingly! Share deals you find! Gloat about purchases! Laugh at those who fight to get through doors to get a ****ty toy for their little brats!

Our family tradition for Black Friday is to NOT shop for the kids, as those items will be available at the same or lower prices after Friday, but to shop for items for the adults.

We leave my Aunt's house and get to WalMart as early as possible. We shop around, helping each other find items they are looking for. Afterwards, we head to the local Shoney's for breakfast then head home to SLEEP!

:ols: Crazy.

I am usually in Delaware for Thanksgiving - at a relatives beach house. We usually stroll down to the outlet malls the on black Friday. Outlet malls + no tax + Black Friday = my one clothes shopping trip a year. Jcrew and Banana Republic is usually a nice 50% off. Pick up a few things and then head home.

The consensus on the deal site I frequent (FatWallet, though I generally stick to the Finance subforum) is that the Black Friday deals this year are rather underwhelming.

I certainly haven't seen much that would get me out of bed early, though admittedly I'm not that much into stuff anyway.

I am probably going to be building a new computer soon, but I'll do that with the online deals, most likely.

The consensus on the deal site I frequent (FatWallet, though I generally stick to the Finance subforum) is that the Black Friday deals this year are rather underwhelming.

I certainly haven't seen much that would get me out of bed early, though admittedly I'm not that much into stuff anyway.

I am probably going to be building a new computer soon, but I'll do that with the online deals, most likely.

Scanning the deals I would say the same thing. A cookware set I am looking at is normally $99. They want $87 on Black Friday. Meh. There is a camera I am looking at as well that is going to be about $20 cheaper than normally. The only thing I will be shooting for though is the $59 blu-ray player from Toshiba. So if I buy all three I am saving around $60. So it is worth it.

I am also looking at the Shark Steam Mop for my mom. Normally $59, on sale for $39.

Wife and I went to Black Friday sales at the Outlets last year for the first time ever. The crowds/lines weren't really too bad but the great deals were nonexistant. There were sales, but I wouldn't say "great deals" were to be had. It's a nice experience but prob. not really for me. When I can I try to do my xmas shopping online. Living in the DC area made me really loathe the holidays—nothing like trying to get into the Tyson's Corner parking lot to make someone lose their religion.

Nah, sorry Outlets up here in PA. Need to update my profile.

Hmmm, I am usually in Delaware at the beach for Thanksgiving (relatives beach house) and head over to the outlets with the family on Black Friday. Jcrew and Banana Republic are usually 50% of everything. You can get some nice cashmere sweaters for $30, nice dress shirts for $20, slacks $20 etc. This year I am actually looking for a suit, hopefully they will have something on sale. Usually pretty good - 50% off. Usually pick up $100-$200 worth of clothes, my only shopping trip of the year.

See that's the kind of stuff I expected. I hit the same stores (JCrew and Banana) and while there were a few sweaters for $20, it wasn't like the whole stock was priced similarly.

BTW, I just bought a sharp looking new suit at JC Penny for $100 (their J. Farrar label). Looks sharp, doesn't feel cheap or anything. Really comparable to stuff you'd get at Men's Wearhouse for 3x the price. Is it a Hugo Boss suit? Nah, but for the price it's exceptional, IMO.

I might go to best buy sometime during the day to pick up a blueray player. I would never go early in the morning or deal with the madness. The only thing I really want is a Blue Ray player this year. I am good with everything else.

Crap-From-Asia-Day's tomorrow

U.S. rise and shine

Grab your plastic, grab your cash, and get the hell in line

Go in debt your country needs you

Broke and paying vig

But hey at least your phone is cool and whoa your TV's big

Shop till you drop, shop till it hurts, shop until you're dead

Why do they call it Black Friday at all when it leaves you in the red ?!?!

I've been there :ols:

i worked at Giant for a couple of years backin high school. Try being a bagger on Easter Sunday

I feel for you.

A regular Tuesday morning is bad enough. I work at the Starbucks in Chantilly Crossing in Chantilly.........right next to a Target. It will be hell.

I really wanted to go to Starbucks.. but I don't think it was open today.. I wouldn't want to go in there on black friday, I can't imagine..

My Starbucks is only closed on Christmas, and I think the same goes for my whole district. I don't know about the rest of the country.

Archived